• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get into a pissing contest about Daniels. My frame of reference is simple.

Take the $6 M with the Patriots. 80-100% chance your going to the Super Bowl, You will be playing in the playoffs for sure. The frame of reference......Nate Solder,Trent Brown, Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan, Tre Flowers are just a few that have played for the Patriots and because of the coaching and their performance on a winning team have cashed in for much bigger contracts than many others at their positions. In his seven NFL seasons, Daniels has earned $35.73M. Taking $1.8M less and playing with the NEP could have netted him a contract next year for anywhere from $35-$50M over the next 3 years or possibly doubled his earnings in half the time.

Again, in my opinion, he'll never get the exposure or credit playing for the Lions because as has been stated previously, the Lions will not beat out the Vikings, Bears or Packers this year and will most likely be watching the post season on TV.

If he has $30M in the bank, a $1.8M diferencewill be of little consequence. Unless money is more important than sliding a piece of jewelry on a finger and the fame and glory and future cash..........

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I never would have signed you. I can hear this conversation now.

Player: "Hey I'm not here to make money to secure my future, I really would just rather have recognition and chase trophies". " While you are it I want a sentimental drive career, one that I can shed tears to in my golden years". " I know this effects your bottom end too but hey it's not about the money"

Agent: " Yeah the door works both ways"

There have been plenty of veterans that have gone to New England on a 1 year prove it type contract and have left after that year for much more money. Many with rings that they never would have earned otherwise.

Does Detroit have a reputation anywhere near that?
Has anyone ever gone to Detroit to resurrect their careers? Anyone?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read on several sites the Patriots have between 5-6 million in cap space. Doesn’t mean that’s what they may have offered him. I haven’t found anything on what or if anything was offered. Lots of players leave the Patriots for more money. Not everyone wants to play for the Patriots regardless of Brady or Coach B for much less cash.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get into a pissing contest about Daniels. My frame of reference is simple.

Take the $6 M with the Patriots. 80-100% chance your going to the Super Bowl, You will be playing in the playoffs for sure. The frame of reference......Nate Solder,Trent Brown, Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan, Tre Flowers are just a few that have played for the Patriots and because of the coaching and their performance on a winning team have cashed in for much bigger contracts than many others at their positions. In his seven NFL seasons, Daniels has earned $35.73M. Taking $1.8M less and playing with the NEP could have netted him a contract next year for anywhere from $35-$50M over the next 3 years or possibly doubled his earnings in half the time.

Again, in my opinion, he'll never get the exposure or credit playing for the Lions because as has been stated previously, the Lions will not beat out the Vikings, Bears or Packers this year and will most likely be watching the post season on TV.

If he has $30M in the bank, a $1.8M diferencewill be of little consequence. Unless money is more important than sliding a piece of jewelry on a finger and the fame and glory and future cash..........

Wild Card Round—Division Winner: $29,000
Wild Card Team: $27,000
Divisional Round: $29,000
Conference Championship: $54,000
Super Bowl Winner: $118,000
Super Bowl Loser: $59,000

So, maybe pick up a couple hundred grand in the playoffs, then go on the sign another 2 year $12 mil contract...Or make another $3 mil ($1.8 mil guaranteed) this year and maybe be out of football next year.

Hmm...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been plenty of veterans that have gone to New England on a 1 year prove it type contract and have left after that year for much more money. Many with rings that they never would have earned otherwise.

Does Detroit have a reputation anywhere near that?
Has anyone ever gone to Detroit to resurrect their careers? Anyone?

No one is denying it has been done, just that for some people it's about the money. Not everybody likes Lima Beans I do. If it were me I would worry more about my finances than a ring.

And there have also been a lot of players that did not come to NE because they wanted and could get a better deal from another team.

NE Fans love to hang our hats on " Hey come here you got a shot at a ring " but for a lot of players their priorities are not our priorities.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve read on several sites the Patriots have between 5-6 million in cap space. Doesn’t mean that’s what they may have offered him. I haven’t found anything on what or if anything was offered. Lots of players leave the Patriots for more money. Not everyone wants to play for the Patriots regardless of Brady or Coach B for much less cash.

OMG Blasphemous SOB you are sure to catch the wrath of the homers now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is denying it has been done, just that for some people it's about the money. Not everybody likes Lima Beans I do. If it were me I would worry more about my finances than a ring.

And there have also been a lot of players that did not come to NE because they wanted and could get a better deal from another team.

NE Fans love to hang our hats on " Hey come here you got a shot at a ring " but for a lot of players their priorities are not our priorities.

I am not a millionaire...much as I would like to be...
With that, if I was offered $9 mil vs $6 mil for 1 year I would take the $9 mil.

If I already had $30 mil (less 7 - 10 years of life's expenses) and had invested it semi wisely, I would take the $6 and the chance for the national recognition of achieving the absolute pinnacle of my profession.
I can truly say that. I was asked to go to Brownsville Texas in 2012, but it while would not have been a long term position, it would have paid more. I hesitated to say the least. I was then offered British Columbia Canada. Same deal. Again, hesitation.
I was then offered to change branches of the company I work for and stay in TN, but help them steer their safety program. I took the cut in pay and through our team efforts I am going to Chicago to pick up a nationally recognized safety award in September.
Feels great to be part of this team rather than bouncing around chasing an extra buck.

I have made some of that money back with perseverance.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a millionaire...much as I would like to be...
With that, if I was offered $9 mil vs $6 mil for 1 year I would take the $9 mil.

If I already had $30 mil (less 7 - 10 years of life's expenses) and had invested it semi wisely, I would take the $6 and the chance for the national recognition of achieving the absolute pinnacle of my profession.
I can truly say that. I was asked to go to Brownsville Texas in 2012, but it while would not have been a long term position, it would have paid more. I hesitated to say the least. I was then offered British Columbia Canada. Same deal. Again, hesitation.
I was then offered to change branches of the company I work for and stay in TN, but help them steer their safety program. I took the cut in pay and through our team efforts I am going to Chicago to pick up a nationally recognized safety award in September.
Feels great to be part of this team rather than bouncing around chasing an extra buck.

I have made some of that money back with perseverance.

I understand and we are all different.

Guys like TB12, Peyton Manning, Moss, Romo, Bettis these guy are marketable post NFL playing days, Daniels maybe not so much. So that money may be more important if he wants to maintain some resemblance to his current standard of living.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably figures the Lions defense will be better than the Pats. Lions added Flowers and Coleman. Pats didnt really add anyone. He can say he played for a top 10 defense.:noidea:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably figures the Lions defense will be better than the Pats. Lions added Flowers and Coleman. Pats didnt really add anyone. He can say he played for a top 10 defense.:noidea:

Pats didnt really add anyone
Bennett, Pennell, Bentley, Rivers, Sam.......I'd have to say that the Patriots added someone. Flowers blossomed in an excellent defense, I'm not 100% sold that he can make a common defense better.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett, Pennell, Bentley, Rivers, Sam.......I'd have to say that the Patriots added someone. Flowers blossomed in an excellent defense, I'm not 100% sold that he can make a common defense better.

Bennett is the only name they signed and he is getting long in the tooth. The rest are fodder. Lions defense was far from common. Playing the same D the Pats had 2 years ago except doing it better. Finished 11th after a horrific start.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cute are you right now?

Others on here agreeing with me. Not seeing any agree with you. Rumors we're NE was in the $6M range so after guarentees, agent fees and taxes he went to Detroit for a little over $1M. Good for him. That will work out to more a game considering he'll be home watching football in December like the rest of us.
Oh yeah and sitting on the couch doesn't get you any playoff or SB checks.

Even to an extent to say he was offered more elsewhere but chose Detroit? That's impossible according to you.

So you face palm me and then claim you're letting it go.
I agreed with him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you but.......$9.1M or $6M and a ring. If you've earned $10-$20M already and you're in your twenties, how much difference is $3M going to make when your 55? That ring will make a ton of difference in any profession or everyday walk of life. Especially if you earned with TB12 and BB.

Just my opinion.

It is very easy to say what you would do with someone else's money.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention an absolutely stacked secondary that will buy time for the DL to get to the QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#metoo.

No guarantee the Pats ever win a SB again though they have a good shot. 3 million is a fuck ton of money, even if you've already made 20 million. If you like Patricia and his staff then that's where you go IMO.

But it's not a $3M difference after taxes and agent fees.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This man gets it.

Not to mention the extra $250k that comes with winning the playoff games and SB. A ring likely worth $50k.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we all agree for some it is all about the $. For others it's not just about the $.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all agree for some it is all about the $. For others it's not just about the $.

Amazing someone was offended by this post and gave it a face palm. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they hit the wrong emoji? How else would one rationalize such a non defensive POV?
Some kids children.