• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Patriots' News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guarentee in anything. But NE has a higher chance of winning the SB than the Lions do today. Considering he signed yesterday that's a valid point. None of us know what will happen during the season.

Oh and it's not sentiment. It's being able to say you were coached by Lombardi, or assisted on a Wayne Gretzky goal, or stole the ball from John Havlicek...

So sentiment? If you are worried about saying " Hey I was once coached by or I was assisted etc that is exactly what sentiment is.

And the Pats may have a better shot but again it's not guarenteed!!!! There is damn sure guaranteed money.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So sentiment? If you are worried about saying " Hey I was once coached by or I was assisted etc that is exactly what sentiment is.

And the Pats may have a better shot but again it's not guarenteed!!!! There is damn sure guaranteed money.
I agree 100%. Junior Seau's quest for his BB,TB guaranteed ring didn't work out so well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK I get it you'd take $1M+ more likely not guarenteed, on a team that is unlikely to not even make the playoffs over a team with a much higher chance of at least getting to a SB while being coached by a legend. Or playing with a guarenteed HOF'r who will likely retire as the guarenteed GOAT.

I mean it's not like athletes play the game for recognition or accomplishments (team or individual):doh:

Now that I think about it maybe there are some guarentees?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I get it you'd take $1M+ more likely not guarenteed, on a team that is unlikely to not even make the playoffs over a team with a much higher chance of at least getting to a SB while being coached by a legend. Or playing with a guarenteed HOF'r who will likely retire as the guarenteed GOAT.

I mean it's not like athletes play the game for recognition or accomplishments (team or individual):doh:

Now that I think about it maybe there are some guarentees?

There are guaranteed monies that's for damn sure. And whether you want to admit or not this is a job for these men and money is the higher priority then recognition. Have you had coffee yet? Not sure what you are trying to get across makes a lot sense.

Would all athletes in all sports like to win it all? Of Course but they play for money for some sort of future. In the end it's very much about stacking paper not accolades.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels and the Detroit Lions agreed to a one-year, $9.1 million contract with $7.8 million guaranteed,

The $9.1 mil isn't as guaranteed as one would like to think.

Lions finalize deal with ex-Packers DL Mike Daniels

It's still a $1.8 mil pay increase before incentives. After taxes and agent fees...

If I was him, I would have bet on myself and gone for a ring and a bigger contract after, whether resigning with the Pats or somewhere else.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ring is not worth $3 Million ask me if I want $3 Mil and a memory or a Ring and a memory I'll take the cash.

This.

Of course being a Lions fan as well means I win either way. I am pretty sure he went because of Patricia. Other teams offered him more money and he turned it down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are guaranteed monies that's for damn sure. And whether you want to admit or not this is a job for these men and money is the higher priority then recognition. Have you had coffee yet? Not sure what you are trying to get across makes a lot sense.

Would all athletes in all sports like to win it all? Of Course but they play for money for some sort of future. In the end it's very much about stacking paper not accolades.

Of course you're right:doh:
No divas in the NFL.
No players like Brady taking hometown discounts.
No players have a drive to win at all costs like they've been doing their entire life.
Players could care less about stacking rings, pro bowls, all-teams...

Pardon me I was out of green font.

Daniels still has a lot more chances to make $. But likely he blew his only chance to play with the likes of BB & TB.

Guess I'm glad TB enjoys winning more than $.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to go with Ken on this one. $3M after taxes and agent fees or a ring with the GOATs. I'm taking the jewelry. Especially if it's a one year deal. BB always gets the best out of players which could increase his future earnings?
To late to correct I meant to say before.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels and the Detroit Lions agreed to a one-year, $9.1 million contract with $7.8 million guaranteed,

The $9.1 mil isn't as guaranteed as one would like to think.

Lions finalize deal with ex-Packers DL Mike Daniels

It's still a $1.8 mil pay increase before incentives. After taxes and agent fees...

If I was him, I would have bet on myself and gone for a ring and a bigger contract after, whether resigning with the Pats or somewhere else.
That would buy one hell of a ring and create on hell of a memory.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you're right:doh:
No divas in the NFL.
No players like Brady taking hometown discounts.
No players have a drive to win at all costs like they've been doing their entire life.
Players could care less about stacking rings, pro bowls, all-teams...

Pardon me I was out of green font.

Daniels still has a lot more chances to make $. But likely he blew his only chance to play with the likes of BB & TB.

Guess I'm glad TB enjoys winning more than $.

I guess some people dont know when to quit. I'm just going to let it go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess some people dont know when to quit. I'm just going to let it go.

How cute are you right now?

Others on here agreeing with me. Not seeing any agree with you. Rumors we're NE was in the $6M range so after guarentees, agent fees and taxes he went to Detroit for a little over $1M. Good for him. That will work out to more a game considering he'll be home watching football in December like the rest of us.
Oh yeah and sitting on the couch doesn't get you any playoff or SB checks.

Even to an extent to say he was offered more elsewhere but chose Detroit? That's impossible according to you.

So you face palm me and then claim you're letting it go.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cute are you right now?

Others on here agreeing with me. Not seeing any agree with you. Rumors we're NE was in the $6M range so after guarentees, agent fees and taxes he went to Detroit for a little over $1M. Good for him. That will work out to more a game considering he'll be home watching football in December like the rest of us.
Oh yeah and sitting on the couch doesn't get you any playoff or SB checks.

Even to an extent to say he was offered more elsewhere but chose Detroit? That's impossible according to you.

So you face palm me and then claim you're letting it go.
So you're not seeing any other poster saying they too would have taken the money?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were my agent I'd have fired you already.
Hell I never would have signed you. I can hear this conversation now.

Player: "Hey I'm not here to make money to secure my future, I really would just rather have recognition and chase trophies". " While you are it I want a sentimental drive career, one that I can shed tears to in my golden years". " I know this effects your bottom end too but hey it's not about the money"

Agent: " Yeah the door works both ways"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I never would have signed you. I can hear this conversation now.

Player: "Hey I'm not here to make money to secure my future, I really would just rather have recognition and chase trophies". " While you are it I want a sentimental drive career, one that I can shed tears to in my golden years". " I know this effects your bottom end too but hey it's not about the money"

Agent: " Yeah the door works both ways"

If I wanted to hire you should I choose any search engine and type in snowflake?

If you don't have a good argument just go to the extreme because that always works.

Yeah agent I want to play for free. Because the $ I've already made and the potential $ I may still make, combined with playoff $, and recognition for future contracts and possible endorsements isn't worth taking a chance on losing $1M today. Who cares if I've already made more than most Americans. Because unlike most Americans I'm going to be different and this first career move will be my last.

Stay cute

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I wanted to hire you should I choose any search engine and type in snowflake?

If you don't have a good argument just go to the extreme because that always works.

Yeah agent I want to play for free. Because the $ I've already made and the potential $ I may still make, combined with playoff $, and recognition for future contracts and possible endorsements isn't worth taking a chance on losing $1M today. Who cares if I've already made more than most Americans. Because unlike most Americans I'm going to be different and this first career move will be my last.

Stay cute

I have a great argument it's just wasted on the obtuse and asinine. It's obvious to me and most reading this you are a person that needs to have to last word. Just spill your last bit of drivel and we'll move on. I won't continue to waste my time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Of course being a Lions fan as well means I win either way. I am pretty sure he went because of Patricia. Other teams offered him more money and he turned it down.
This can't be true.
I mean who does that?
AmIright @YankeeRebel

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a great argument it's just wasted on the obtuse and asinine. It's obvious to me and most reading this you are a person that needs to have to last word. Just spill your last bit of drivel and we'll move on. I won't continue to waste my time.

If you even had half an argument you could come up with something better then it's only about the $.

Do you find it the leasy bit hypocritical that even seeing he took LESS you want to keep up this charade?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That extra 3 million is guaranteed. The ring isn’t. I will take the money.

#metoo.

No guarantee the Pats ever win a SB again though they have a good shot. 3 million is a fuck ton of money, even if you've already made 20 million. If you like Patricia and his staff then that's where you go IMO.