• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Post Super Bowl Mock Drafts:

Will Brinson from CBS Sports -
Jeffery Simmons
, DL, Mississippi State. Don't think he falls this far, but think Pittsburgh would be willing to grab him if he did, considering the struggles they've had on the defensive side of the ball in recent years. Please don't @ me with a list of Steelers defensive line starters, because they are potentially losing a lot of depth in free agency.

Chad Reuter from NFL.com (3 round draft) -
1. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
2. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
3. Iman Marshal, CB, USC

WalterFootball.com -
Jachai Polite, DE/OLB, Florida

Ben Standig from NBC Sports (2 round draft) -
1. Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
2. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

Draftsite.com -
Montez Sweat - DE, Mississippi State

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same can be said about the Steelers keeping issues in house instead of speaking to the media about it. Looking at you, Ben. The only way this stops is by cutting the tumors and hopefully it all ends. I just worry about who our #2 would be without AB on the team. In my opinion, no one currently on the roster is good enough to be a WR2. I just want my team to not be known for it's drama and locker room issues more than it's play on the field in 2019.

Yeah, you're in a boat with a whole lot of us.

WR2...agreed, if AB is not back, there is a void there for certain, but I'm not overly concerned at this point...imo the SB window is already near closed shut anyway. If AB is dealt, that could be the start of a new era once Ben is gone.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Post Super Bowl Mock Drafts:

Will Brinson from CBS Sports -
Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State. Don't think he falls this far, but think Pittsburgh would be willing to grab him if he did, considering the struggles they've had on the defensive side of the ball in recent years. Please don't @ me with a list of Steelers defensive line starters, because they are potentially losing a lot of depth in free agency.

Chad Reuter from NFL.com (3 round draft) -
1. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
2. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
3. Iman Marshal, CB, USC

WalterFootball.com -
Jachai Polite, DE/OLB, Florida

Ben Standig from NBC Sports (2 round draft) -
1. Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
2. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

Draftsite.com -
Montez Sweat - DE, Mississippi State

Brinson is the only one I haven't seen, but that's a pretty lazy ass mock...picks a player who he admits probably won't be there at 20....why bother.

DL depth...Alualu I think can be retained if they want him...should not be a high priced guy at 32...LT Walton, pretty much the same, but he will be seeking a higher payday, but imo not that difficult to replace.

IDK if you saw Reuter's entire draft, but it was iffy at best in the 1st rd....highly unlikely PIT takes a WR at 20 and leave 2 starting caliber CBs and ILBs on the board. Wilson could slide into the 2nd rd but not to 52.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brinson is the only one I haven't seen, but that's a pretty lazy ass mock...picks a player who he admits probably won't be there at 20....why bother.

DL depth...Alualu I think can be retained if they want him...should not be a high priced guy at 32...LT Walton, pretty much the same, but he will be seeking a higher payday, but imo not that difficult to replace.

IDK if you saw Reuter's entire draft, but it was iffy at best in the 1st rd....highly unlikely PIT takes a WR at 20 and leave 2 starting caliber CBs and ILBs on the board. Wilson could slide into the 2nd rd but not to 52.

Yeah even if AB is not on the team, I don't think WR is our biggest need. We need to address that secondary and maybe in RD 2, we pick up the next best receiver. Also, I don't think replacing AB with his cousin would work out very well as they probably have the same type of personality and Marquise might expect some different treatment seeing how the relationship ended with his cousin.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dear god not bean pole marquise brown, abs relative

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah even if AB is not on the team, I don't think WR is our biggest need. We need to address that secondary and maybe in RD 2, we pick up the next best receiver. Also, I don't think replacing AB with his cousin would work out very well as they probably have the same type of personality and Marquise might expect some different treatment seeing how the relationship ended with his cousin.

Agreed...Ben has WRs...none to be a legit #2 maybe, but enough guys that can make plays. Washington/Rogers get a big ramp up in targets. Switzer gets another yr with Ben ..Depending on what happens at CB..(CB, FA, trade?) I might not look for a WR until rd 3.

I would be okay with them finding an upgrade to Grimble and successor to V Mac over a WR.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT has about a month before the rosters bonuses kick in. If a deal with AB is done, most likely it'll be done prior to that being paid.

There has been some damage done to his value with this DV situation...SF, reportedly has cooled in light of their dealing with the LB Rueben Foster.

If the Steelers make a deal now, I see it being more of a swap 1st rd + AB...and imo they need to get into the top 7 if they want to get Devin White...DET could try to pair him up with their recent stud LB pick and CIN and CLE are ahead...the team that kinda makes sense is NYJ at 3, but that would be really high to take a ILB.

This may be too bold for Colbert, but I don't know if PIT can afford to wait on the 20th slot, but we'll see what FA brings.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT has about a month before the rosters bonuses kick in. If a deal with AB is done, most likely it'll be done prior to that being paid.

There has been some damage done to his value with this DV situation...SF, reportedly has cooled in light of their dealing with the LB Rueben Foster.

If the Steelers make a deal now, I see it being more of a swap 1st rd + AB...and imo they need to get into the top 7 if they want to get Devin White...DET could try to pair him up with their recent stud LB pick and CIN and CLE are ahead...the team that kinda makes sense is NYJ at 3, but that would be really high to take a ILB.

This may be too bold for Colbert, but I don't know if PIT can afford to wait on the 20th slot, but we'll see what FA brings.
i just dont see much happening, they know were in a corner........i feel like at this point were keeping him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont see much happening, they know were in a corner........i feel like at this point were keeping him

Initially I was 1st rd to early 2nd or keep him, but in a pkg deal I can still see him moving if Art II has had enough.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess but returns will be much less now

Agreed his value has taken a hit because it won't be resolved by Mar 13th most likely. Teams won't know it they will have AB for all 16 or not, but given that Hunt was picked up by CLE should serve as proof that there is a suitor out there.

If DET doesn't take Devin White at 8, or BUF @ 9, ....they might be able to pkg #20 and AB and move to 10 in DEN's slot.

I'd make that deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed his value has taken a hit because it won't be resolved by Mar 13th most likely. Teams won't know it they will have AB for all 16 or not, but given that Hunt was picked up by CLE should serve as proof that there is a suitor out there.

If DET doesn't take Devin White at 8, or BUF @ 9, ....they might be able to pkg #20 and AB and move to 10 in DEN's slot.

I'd make that deal.
It’s worth a shot I’d agree

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s worth a shot I’d agree

There are many Steeler fans I've talked to that are not overly excited to see AB dealt. They feel he's too valuable even with his warts to trade for anything less than a 1st rd pick.

To be honest I kinda had those same feelings, but the more I think about it, the more I realize this team is not going anywhere until they can get the DEF fixed...I'm more willing to take less for AB move on past the drama, and trust that between the remaining weapons, this is still a playoff caliber roster...assuming Tomlin/Butler can figure out how to use the DEF talent the hopefully will get.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idc tbh he’s valuable but a cancer. Team unity wins for me

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Antonio has officially said goodbye to the Steelers via an Instagram post.