• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sets it up for another long, drama-filled season next year.
Yep. And the schedule looks pretty brutal. Thinking we will see Tomlin's first sub-500 season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god damn it.
And we're supposed to believe that AB is the only problem in that lockerroom...

giphy.gif

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Boswell roasting the Defense last year when he was money, and had to watch the fucking Jaguars drop 45 points on those bitches.

Though 7 was off a fumble return. So congrats, D, you ONLY let the kittens embarrass you for 38 points.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Boswell roasting the Defense last year when he was money, and had to watch the fucking Jaguars drop 45 points on those bitches.

Though 7 was off a fumble return. So congrats, D, you ONLY let the kittens embarrass you for 38 points.
Boz should return fire on that tweet. If they are blaming the losses to Oakland, San Diego & New Orleans on the kicker then they have a very strange view on what a winning football team looks like. Kind of ironic that LJ Fort got absolutely abused in the San Diego game and here he is blasting his kicker when they lost by 3 pts.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boz should return fire on that tweet. If they are blaming the losses to Oakland, San Diego & New Orleans on the kicker then they have a very strange view on what a winning football team looks like. Kind of ironic that LJ Fort got absolutely abused in the San Diego game and here he is blasting his kicker when they lost by 3 pts.
Keenan Allen looked goddamned superhuman against our pud thumpers.

Of course, they never should have been asked to cover him, but that's Keith the Genius.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art II, and Tomlin.

Everything else is a symptom.
I'm still on the fence with Art II. He could be playing PR by saying there's no circus in the lockerroom, and going behind the scenes to make changes. Or just simply trying to give Tomlin a vote of confidence that he can make the necessary changes. But its easy to see that nothin will change while Tomlin is here. If anything the leash has been exposed & we'll see even more egotistical pricks running their mouths.

Whatever the case... the downward spiral will continue & they are headed towards an inevitable breakup with Tomlin. I just pray that we see that breakup happen sooner than later.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen looked goddamned superhuman against our pud thumpers.

Of course, they never should have been asked to cover him, but that's Keith the Genius.
Yep... Firing Butler wouldn't have been the exact change that they need, but it would have given us some sort of optimism.

If we're honest with ourselves we would have known Butler was safe. Because he's Tomlin's patsy. Someone that lets Tomlin run the defense and will be a scapegoat when things go wrong.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the salty locker room right now. Egos are running their mouths and the vet "leaders" are doing nothing about it. Looks like they are even supportin him

And Tomlin won't do a damn thing about it.

VW just showcasing that great Florida State education.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art II has no clue!
Art II has no clue!
Art II has no clue!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't that have been something, a little more competence out of the Browns kicker early on in the season, and the Steelers are looking up at the AFCN Champion Browns.

But Art II isn't worried, they are winning more games then they are losing, so that's a success. Horray mediocrity!

John Steigerwald: Business as usual won't cut it for Steelers

Art Rooney II is right.

Things could have been a lot different in the AFC North if not for the kicker. There was that blocked field goal in overtime in Week 1 that led to a tie, and then there was that loss by three points when the kicker missed two field goals and two extra points.

Art, of course, was talking about Chris Boswell, who, according to him, went from one of the best kickers in the league in 2017 to one of the worst this season.

I, of course, am talking about Zane Gonzalez.

He was the Cleveland Browns’ kicker until they cut him at the start of Week 3. Gonzalez had a tough two weeks to start the season. He had a 43-yard attempt blocked by the Pittsburgh Steelers’ T.J. Watt in the opener with nine seconds left in overtime. That game, you may remember, ended in a 21-21 tie. The next week, Gonzalez missed two field goals and two extra points in a 21-18 loss to the Saints in New Orleans.

If he makes those kicks, the Browns finish 9-7. It would have meant that, instead of giving the Steelers a division championship by beating the Ravens in Baltimore in the last game of the season, they would have won the division themselves. They lost that game 26-24 after the Ravens intercepted a Baker Mayfield pass in field-goal territory in the last seconds.

So Rooney probably shouldn’t try to console himself or his fans, as he did while making the rounds in rare talks with the media last week, by playing the woulda-coulda-shoulda game. The Browns had just as many couldas.​

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers start contract talks with Roethlisberger

Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II said Wednesday that the team has started contract talks with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his agent, Ryan Tollner.

"We've already started talking to him and his representative about extending that contract," Rooney said on a conference call with Steelers Nation Unite members. "I think Ben has some good years left. I'd still say he's close to being in the prime of his career.

"Now that we're seeing quarterbacks around the league that are playing into their 40s, I'm not sure there's any reason that Ben can't play for several more years. We're looking forward to that."

ESPN's Adam Schefter, citing league sources, reported earlier this month that the team was expected to restructure and extend Roethlisberger's deal before the new league year begins March 13.

Rooney hadn't specified last week whether those contract talks had started but hinted that would happen soon.

Roethlisberger, 36, has one year remaining on his current deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Meet With LSU TE Foster Moreau At Senior Bowl - Steelers Depot

I think it's time to move on from Grimble...I think they resign JJ and will need another TE3.

This kid looks like a good later round option.
Apparently they have forgotten about Bucky Hodges and how good he looked in the 1 preseason game they had him. I hate how they go after someone in the preseason only to fail to give them a proper shot at making the team. Hodges looked better than Grimble IMO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they have forgotten about Bucky Hodges and how good he looked in the 1 preseason game they had him. I hate how they go after someone in the preseason only to fail to give them a proper shot at making the team. Hodges looked better than Grimble IMO.

Agreed...I thought McGee was turning a few heads as well.

Maybe TE3 is on the roster already, but I think it's time to move on from Grimble...just hasn't done enough with his opportunities imo, and the whole goal line collision is still on my mind.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us think it's time to move on from Gilbert...Look for the OL to come back intact.

Steelers Win Offensive Line Of The Year Award From PFF - Steelers Depot

I also think Ben is using his leverage here as well. He's on record saying he wanted his guys all back...if he leaves a few bones on the table for Foster to get a bump, I think the five will be back including #77.

IMO, Oakafor is the heir apparent to the RT job. They can control Feiler with a bump in pay based on performance and table that decision for a year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us think it's time to move on from Gilbert...Look for the OL to come back intact.

Steelers Win Offensive Line Of The Year Award From PFF - Steelers Depot

I also think Ben is using his leverage here as well. He's on record saying he wanted his guys all back...if he leaves a few bones on the table for Foster to get a bump, I think the five will be back including #77.

IMO, Oakafor is the heir apparent to the RT job. They can control Feiler with a bump in pay based on performance and table that decision for a year.
It’s cool that Ben is staying loyal to his goons, but it’s going to cost the Steelers more than they’re worth. Not to mention I could see both Foster & Gil getting injured a lot next season.

Seems like they just keep kicking the can down the road in regards to Foster & Finney. At what point does Finney get tired of it & want to leave for a starting gig? Maybe Munch tells Denver to make a play for him?