• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance NO knew what was happening and just whistled politely when making the agreement???? Or did they demand the later date knowing it might 'hurt' the Lakers ability to spend $$$???

My guess would be that it was the bold.

Not so much the hurting the Lakers ability to spend, (although I'm sure that helped lol), but because it was in the Pels best interests for this trade to be made official at the earliest possible date.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any chance NO knew what was happening and just whistled politely when making the agreement???? Or did they demand the later date knowing it might 'hurt' the Lakers ability to spend $$$???

I think the Pelicans operated in a capacity that served in their best interests - which I don't blame them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give hem credit for dumping Ingram over Kuzma.

They need Beverly and Danny green.

Get a mle and bi annual for the bench and hope Wagner can be a stretch big

That's what I'd do.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be that it was the bold.

Not so much the hurting the Lakers ability to spend, (although I'm sure that helped lol), but because it was in the Pels best interests for this trade to be made official at the earliest possible date.

I think the Pelicans operated in a capacity that served in their best interests - which I don't blame them.

Which begs the question : Did NO force the date? Perhaps Pelinka understood the rules, but NO insisted on the earlier date for the agreement. And Pelinka was under pressure to get something done.....

I wonder if we will ever truly know.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'd do.

If they could get bullock back on the biannual that would be huge.

Idk what they do at backup pg, tough market to get a Backup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope whoever trades with N.O. to jump up to #4 is PG needy. I want the Cavs to take Culver.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I have zero confidence in Pelinka and Rambis putting a team around AD and Lebron;

This is the part that worries me. They got AD, so they win the trade. But now they have to put the best possible roster around him and Lebron.

Even if they ultimately don't end up with enough to get a 3rd star, they will have enough to put good enough players around them that they can be a contender.

In fact, unless they can somehow get Kawhi, going after a 3rd star may not be the best course for them. They may be better off getting 2-3 next tier guys who can play and adding a couple of vet mins to that. It would make them a deeper team than adding a 3rd star.

As @The Q suggested, guys like Patrick Beverley and Danny Green. Then I'd say maybe someone like Lopez and/or a Morris twin.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the part that worries me. They got AD, so they win the trade. But now they have to put the best possible roster around him and Lebron.

Even if they ultimately don't end up with enough to get a 3rd star, they will have enough to put good enough players around them that they can be a contender.

In fact, unless they can somehow get Kawhi, going after a 3rd star may not be the best course for them. They may be better off getting 2-3 next tier guys who can play and adding a couple of vet mins to that. It would make them a deeper team than adding a 3rd star.

As @The Q suggested, guys like Patrick Beverley and Danny Green. Then I'd say maybe someone like Lopez and/or a Morris twin.

I think you can get a morrii but Lopez should be more expensive after his big year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which begs the question : Did NO force the date? Perhaps Pelinka understood the rules, but NO insisted on the earlier date for the agreement. And Pelinka was under pressure to get something done.....

I wonder if we will ever truly know.

Unless someone who was actually part of the negotiation comes out and says "this is what happened"...we probably won't ever know.

The Lakers never had the leverage that some claim, but I'd say that they had more than they used.

Could they have gotten a better deal if Pelinka had pushed? Maybe. Maybe even probably.

But there was animosity on the Pels side and they probably weren't too happy that the market dried up on them and Rich Paul's role in it.

The funny thing is, it's the Lakers, so no matter what they did, folks were going to find a way to criticize them.

They got AD, so people are going to say they "overpaid".

But had they not gotten him over something like the date the trade becomes official...they'd be talking about how the Lakers "fucked up again".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can get a morrii but Lopez should be more expensive after his big year.

Maybe. After his season with the Lakers, he had said he would be willing to re-sign if the Lakers got Lebron.

The question would be if he was willing to take less to play with Lebron and AD. If I were him, I probably wouldn't, considering he just went to the ECF with the Bucks.

If the Bucks don't want him back, then the Lakers might have a better shot.

There is at least one report that the Lakers would be interested in him.

Report: Lakers would be interested in bringing back Brook Lopez

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. After his season with the Lakers, he had said he would be willing to re-sign if the Lakers got Lebron.

The question would be if he was willing to take less to play with Lebron and AD. If I were him, I probably wouldn't, considering he just went to the ECF with the Bucks.

If the Bucks don't want him back, then the Lakers might have a better shot.

There is at least one report that the Lakers would be interested in him.

Report: Lakers would be interested in bringing back Brook Lopez

I just mean it would be hard to get him for the mle.

Might cost you green or Beverly. And you use the mle for a wing like Ellington maybe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just mean it would be hard to get him for the mle.

Might cost you green or Beverly. And you use the mle for a wing like Ellington maybe.

Agree. If the Bucks don't want him back, someone will likely give him more than the Lakers are likely to be able to.

I'd prefer to get Green and Beverley. So, if the Lakers can get both and it costs them a chance to get Lopez, that's fine.

But if one of them doesn't want to come to LA, then getting Lopez wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless someone who was actually part of the negotiation comes out and says "this is what happened"...we probably won't ever know.

The Lakers never had the leverage that some claim, but I'd say that they had more than they used.

Could they have gotten a better deal if Pelinka had pushed? Maybe. Maybe even probably.

But there was animosity on the Pels side and they probably weren't too happy that the market dried up on them and Rich Paul's role in it.

The funny thing is, it's the Lakers, so no matter what they did, folks were going to find a way to criticize them.

They got AD, so people are going to say they "overpaid".

But had they not gotten him over something like the date the trade becomes official...they'd be talking about how the Lakers "fucked up again".

If you got the best player in the trade, it's hard not to win it.
And trust me, Philly fans know all about the national narrative..... :suds:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. If the Bucks don't want him back, someone will likely give him more than the Lakers are likely to be able to.

I'd prefer to get Green and Beverley. So, if the Lakers can get both and it costs them a chance to get Lopez, that's fine.

But if one of them doesn't want to come to LA, then getting Lopez wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Yeah I mean it would have to have a true center on the roster but Wagner fits in stylistically with LeBron and Davis

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could get bullock back on the biannual that would be huge.

Idk what they do at backup pg, tough market to get a Backup.

Probably re-sign Alex Caruso on the cheap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean it would have to have a true center on the roster but Wagner fits in stylistically with LeBron and Davis

F. Lopez, and the Bucks will pay him more anyway. McGee is more likely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got the best player in the trade, it's hard not to win it.
And trust me, Philly fans know all about the national narrative..... :suds:
Agree, though if picks (especially high picks) are involved at least need to see what they become.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta is moving off all their picks because they've got too many in a weak draft. Even selling off two of those 2nd rounders, you can see they still have three 1sts and another 2nd. I'm really hoping the Lakers can buy that 35th pick

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is moving off all their picks because they've got too many in a weak draft. Even selling off two of those 2nd rounders, you can see they still have three 1sts and another 2nd. I'm really hoping the Lakers can buy that 35th pick

'Weak' is subjective.
Weak for superstars, perhaps.

But, in the late 1st and early 2nd, you're looking for role players and any kind of production from these guys is just gravy. Between Windler, Okpala, Okeke, Gafford, Paschall, Horton-Tucker, and Carsen Edwards, I absolutely think it's worth a shot to take a flier an any of these guys.

ATL has to take as many swings as possible, so not sure if they will keep selling.
Might see more trades to move up or obtain future 2nd rounders.

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.