• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. R. seriously...?
Yes... this is very serious... J.R Smith's contract is extremely valuable for teams that want to save a large amount of cap space... It is expected that the Cavs will be involved in a three team deal were they'll provide the ideal "salary filler" on JR Smith's contract (who'll then be immediately waved).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... this is very serious... J.R Smith's contract is extremely valuable for teams that want to save a large amount of cap space... It is expected that the Cavs will be involved in a three team deal were they'll provide the ideal "salary filler" on JR Smith's contract (who'll then be immediately waved).

Wow you’re learning :clap: has to be before July 1st

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

But,

The return is going to be a bad contract and valuable future picks with some protections.

JR Smith is not the feature piece for a star player.

Again, unless that star player is on a bad contract

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

But,

The return is going to be a bad contract and valuable future picks with some protections.

JR Smith is not the feature piece for a star player.

Again, unless that star player is on a bad contract
Cp3, John Wall etc

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cp3, John Wall etc

Exactly.

The Wizards would make that deal.

Can't see Cleveland wanting Wall's contract. But they certainly do have the salary needed. I can't even imagine what kind of picks the Wizards would have to give.

Like I said in another thread, CP3 isn't likely to move IMO. Because the Rockets are trying to contend this year. Maybe they find a creative solution I don't see, but it would be really hard to dump his contract and get something back that actually makes them better.

As much as CP3 has been maligned for declining, he is still a very good NBA point guard.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty weak draft outside of Zion.

But all that really means is you don’t know where the top players are coming from.

Even 2000, the best players were guys like hedo turkoglu, mike Miller and Michael Redd

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Wizards would make that deal.

Can't see Cleveland wanting Wall's contract. But they certainly do have the salary needed. I can't even imagine what kind of picks the Wizards would have to give.

Like I said in another thread, CP3 isn't likely to move IMO. Because the Rockets are trying to contend this year. Maybe they find a creative solution I don't see, but it would be really hard to dump his contract and get something back that actually makes them better.

As much as CP3 has been maligned for declining, he is still a very good NBA point guard.
All true.

ESPN's hit piece cosigns everything you just posted.

But, we can't say we didn't see this cockup coming.

Some highlights...

The roots of the issues between Harden and Paul, according to team sources, are differences in preferred playing styles and personality.

“Chris wants to coach James,” says a source familiar with the stars’ dynamic. “James looks at him like, ‘You can’t even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'”

The prevailing belief in Houston — and hope, certainly — is that the tension between the Rockets’ stars isn’t atypical for the NBA and can be managed. And that’s a must, given the unlikelihood of getting equal basketball value for the 34-year-old Paul in a trade, considering he is owed $124 million over the final three years of his contract.

Harden, by nature, tends to avoid conflict but was pushed hard enough to snap back at Paul from time to time. That’s what happened during the Rockets’ elimination loss, when, team sources said, Harden told Paul he didn’t always know best and had talked too much. “Chris has a personality where he just doesn’t let anything go,” a team source says. “He just keeps pestering and pestering and pestering and pestering. Sometimes James has had enough — and not just him. That’s what makes [Paul] a winner and also what keeps him from being a big-time winner. He’s got to temper that.

Fertitta has grumbled about Paul’s contract, expressing regrets to Rockets staffers and even in front of rival executives, according to league sources.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true.

ESPN's hit piece cosigns everything you just posted.

But, we can't say we didn't see this cockup coming.

Some highlights...

The roots of the issues between Harden and Paul, according to team sources, are differences in preferred playing styles and personality.

“Chris wants to coach James,” says a source familiar with the stars’ dynamic. “James looks at him like, ‘You can’t even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'”

The prevailing belief in Houston — and hope, certainly — is that the tension between the Rockets’ stars isn’t atypical for the NBA and can be managed. And that’s a must, given the unlikelihood of getting equal basketball value for the 34-year-old Paul in a trade, considering he is owed $124 million over the final three years of his contract.

Harden, by nature, tends to avoid conflict but was pushed hard enough to snap back at Paul from time to time. That’s what happened during the Rockets’ elimination loss, when, team sources said, Harden told Paul he didn’t always know best and had talked too much. “Chris has a personality where he just doesn’t let anything go,” a team source says. “He just keeps pestering and pestering and pestering and pestering. Sometimes James has had enough — and not just him. That’s what makes [Paul] a winner and also what keeps him from being a big-time winner. He’s got to temper that.

Fertitta has grumbled about Paul’s contract, expressing regrets to Rockets staffers and even in front of rival executives, according to league sources.

Ahhh, that sigh of relief you just heard was from the Lakers front office. Have fun, Houston!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty weak draft outside of Zion.

But all that really means is you don’t know where the top players are coming from.

Even 2000, the best players were guys like hedo turkoglu, mike Miller and Michael Redd

Zion is far from a sure bet IMO either. He's a physical marvel at the college level. We'll soon see what that means in the NBA. I can't see 285 lbs and 40" vertical co-existing for the long haul; something has to give.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion is far from a sure bet IMO either. He's a physical marvel at the college level. We'll soon see what that means in the NBA. I can't see 285 lbs and 40" vertical co-existing for the long haul; something has to give.

Summer league will give a tiny indication of how he's gonna fit in the NBA...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer league will give a tiny indication of how he's gonna fit in the NBA...

C'mon man, summer league is mostly guys that will never make a dent in the league, with a few lottery picks scattered around. It's just a chance to see your newly drafted players in action in glorified pick-up games. I love it and look forward to it (although I have no idea where the Lakers get their team from this year; probably their G-league team and the local YMCA lol), but it doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, summer league is mostly guys that will never make a dent in the league, with a few lottery picks scattered around. It's just a chance to see your newly drafted players in action in glorified pick-up games. I love it and look forward to it (although I have no idea where the Lakers get their team from this year; probably their G-league team and the local YMCA lol), but it doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

this'd be why I said a TINY indication...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns, Bulls Interested In No. 4 Pick

The Suns and Bulls have both expressed interest in acquiring the No. 4 pick from the Pelicans to draft Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland, a source tells Fletcher Mackel of WDSU in New Orleans (Twitter link).

The Pelicans would be seeking a protected first-rounder in 2020 as the price for moving down, Mackel adds, making the deal similar to the one last year between the Hawks and Mavericks that saw Dallas move up two slots for Luka Doncic.

Both Phoenix, which holds the No. 6 pick, and Chicago, which is at No. 7, have unsettled situations at point guard. The Suns never really replaced Eric Bledsoe after trading him early in the 2017/18 season and would love to land a prospect like Garland to play alongside Devin Booker. The Bulls want to find an upgrade over Kris Dunn, who is coming off an injury-plagued season in which he was limited to 46 games.

The Pelicans are listening to offers and setting up workouts as they try to decide what to do with the pick, which is part of the return for the Anthony Davis trade that was announced Saturday.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns, Bulls Interested In No. 4 Pick

The Suns and Bulls have both expressed interest in acquiring the No. 4 pick from the Pelicans to draft Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland, a source tells Fletcher Mackel of WDSU in New Orleans (Twitter link).

The Pelicans would be seeking a protected first-rounder in 2020 as the price for moving down, Mackel adds, making the deal similar to the one last year between the Hawks and Mavericks that saw Dallas move up two slots for Luka Doncic.

Both Phoenix, which holds the No. 6 pick, and Chicago, which is at No. 7, have unsettled situations at point guard. The Suns never really replaced Eric Bledsoe after trading him early in the 2017/18 season and would love to land a prospect like Garland to play alongside Devin Booker. The Bulls want to find an upgrade over Kris Dunn, who is coming off an injury-plagued season in which he was limited to 46 games.

The Pelicans are listening to offers and setting up workouts as they try to decide what to do with the pick, which is part of the return for the Anthony Davis trade that was announced Saturday.

This would be a perfect scenario for the Cavs, most likely the Bulls or Suns would be taking Darius Garland. Cavs don't need a PG so they would have their choice between Culver, Hunter or Reddish.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a perfect scenario for the Cavs, most likely the Bulls or Suns would be taking Darius Garland. Cavs don't need a PG so they would have their choice between Culver, Hunter or Reddish.

Yeah.

The bidding war between those 2 teams could allow them to still get the player they want while moving down.

Phoenix must take a PG.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

The bidding war between those 2 teams could allow them to still get the player they want while moving down.

Phoenix must take a PG.

The Suns most likely are either going for that pick or trading for a veteran PG like Conley.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gotta admit I like the way Hunter looks. think he'd be a decent pickup honestly...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta admit I like the way Hunter looks. think he'd be a decent pickup honestly...

I like Hunter or Culver tbh. Reddish is more on the risky side but it is always better to have more options so I would be happy with Hunter or Culver. I think Reddish will be better than people think but much more of a project

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hunter or Culver tbh. Reddish is more on the risky side but it is always better to have more options so I would be happy with Hunter or Culver. I think Reddish will be better than people think but much more of a project

All 3 have a chance to be really good pots.

I think Reddish has the highest ceiling of the bunch and Hunter is the safest with the least upside.

I understand why he gets Kawhi comparisons. Everything from his demeanor to his style of play reminds of Kawhi. But he is not Kawhi.

Hunter is going to be that 3rd or 4th starter type on a good team. 3 and D defender with a little bit of offensive game when needed. I have a hard time seeing Hunter develop into an all star though. And i watched every one of his games at UVA.