• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mock draft right now:

1. Zion
2. Morant
3. Barrett
4. Garland
5. Culver
6. Hunter
7. Reddish
8. White
9. PJ Washington
10. Brandon Clarke
11. Sekou Doumbouya

As I have said--- a draft scenario where the Cavs land Reddish and Sekou would be a great draft in my book. I would also be happy with Garland, Culver, Hunter.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Washington, Romeo Langford, Brandon Clarke, Kevin Porter Jr., Nassir Little are all interesting players as well.

After those top 15 though i think it starts getting kind of weak.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Cavs to get one of Hunter, Culver or Reddish.....I would not move down passed 8....you could maybe still get one of those guys at 8...prob. reddish.....

Yeah most likely Reddish would be the guy to fall to 8. If they do trade down to 8, I doubt they would get 10 too but they could get 17 and maybe a future pick, something along those lines.

1. I don't want them to trade out of the top 8
2. I would like if they acquired one more, if not two more 1st round picks THIS YEAR. They have the assets to do it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Johnson from Duke is i guess an interesting stretch 4 option, and bol Bol is a lotto ticket i guess.....

I am just saying, i would not give up anything significant for a pick outside of the top 15/16.......i think the draft talent goes down considerably after about that.

Id divide this draft into a few tiers

Tier 1- the possible franchise guys
1. Zion
2. Ja
3. Barrett

Tier 2- the very good prospects, where a couple of these guys will be stars
4. Culver
5. Garland
6. Reddish
7. Hunter
8. White

Tier 3- still very good prospects but perhaps a step down from tier 2
9. PJ Washington
10. Sekou
11. Clarke
12. Little
13. Langford
14. Hayes
15. Porter Jr.

Bol Bol
Cam Johnson

are both guys that i wouldnt mind taking a flier on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 on the JR front, from what I have been reading, apparently the Cavs would prefer picks in future drafts than this draft. They seem to be more focused on getting picks in future drafts because they do not like the overall talent in this draft and consider it pretty weak after the top 10 or so picks.

So do not be surprised, if they do trade JR's contract, if it is for picks in the future, and not for this years draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 on the JR front, from what I have been reading, apparently the Cavs would prefer picks in future drafts than this draft. They seem to be more focused on getting picks in future drafts because they do not like the overall talent in this draft and consider it pretty weak after the top 10 or so picks.

So do not be surprised, if they do trade JR's contract, if it is for picks in the future, and not for this years draft.

They're running out of time, two weeks left.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard that too and that makes me think they might trade down to acquire even more future picks as well. Also, remember all those expiring contracts the Cavs have to pick up future picks as well. By the trade deadline, you could see the Cavs have picks galore.

All these contracts expire in 19-20:
Delly
Henson
Clarkson
Knight

Looks like they are already planning for 2020-2021.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that too and that makes me think they might trade down to acquire even more future picks as well. Also, remember all those expiring contracts the Cavs have to pick up future picks as well. By the trade deadline, you could see the Cavs have picks galore.

All these contracts expire in 19-20:
Delly
Henson
Clarkson
Knight

Looks like they are already planning for 2020-2021.
the question will be....do they let those guys expire....or do they do the same thing this deadline, and flip those guys and their expiring contracts for more bad contracts long term contracts, further encumbering their cap space for the FOLLOWING year as well.

Its a good question and I do not know the answer to it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems like the Pelicans want a player instead of the pick from the Lakers and are looking for a third team....

I wonder if the Cavs could say---- take on Solomon Hill's contract and Etwuan Moore's contract, and send Love for the 4th pick. One of the few Love deals I would do- I would not trade Love for anything less than a top 7 pick in this draft.

If the Cavs could, say, get Culver and Reddish by giving up Love...i would be down with that.

building around a core of Sexton, Culver, Reddish would be a good way to go if you ask me.

Pelicans would then have Holliday, Zion, Love, and still tons of cap space.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who really knows though- who fucking knows....for all i know they just sit on Jr smith and cut him to take the savings themselves

I cant wait for NBA free agency to get here...gonna be fun.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems like the Pelicans want a player instead of the pick from the Lakers and are looking for a third team....

I wonder if the Cavs could say---- take on Solomon Hill's contract and Etwuan Moore's contract, and send Love for the 4th pick. One of the few Love deals I would do- I would not trade Love for anything less than a top 7 pick in this draft.

If the Cavs could, say, get Culver and Reddish by giving up Love...i would be down with that.

building around a core of Sexton, Culver, Reddish would be a good way to go if you ask me.

Pelicans would then have Holliday, Zion, Love, and still tons of cap space.

Not a bad idea but you think the Pelicans would take that cap hit when they are trying to rebuild....that is my only question. For the Cavs I like this...a lot...You could get a combo of Culver, Reddish, Hunter and back-to-back picks. I just don't know how realistic this is though. I could see them being the 3rd team but a different type of deal

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea but you think the Pelicans would take that cap hit when they are trying to rebuild....that is my only question. For the Cavs I like this...a lot...You could get a combo of Culver, Reddish, Hunter and back-to-back picks. I just don't know how realistic this is though. I could see them being the 3rd team but a different type of deal
it doesnt sound like they are tryin to rebuild is what i am saying....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Pels could move that Hill contract with the #4 to the Hawks and keep the max contract space to use this summer, along with draft pick compensation back from the Hawks. Seems more likely to me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesnt sound like they are tryin to rebuild is what i am saying....

I mean if they get Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart. All are questionable players but still young, only one of them is coming up for a new contract soon. Love is more expensive than all those players combined. I'm thinking Griffin at least wants young assets he can flip for picks if they don't workout. I'm not sure they can do much with that Love contract.