• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had me up until LA narrative...he wanted to go to LA. End of story.

I agree. But I also think he was sold on the fact Magic Johnson and LA would surround him with other superstars.
Kawhi ended up in Toronto. Paul George signed with OKC. They failed to trade for Anthony Davis and with Zion going to New Orleans — he may stay in NO. Durant will be GSW or he will be in NY.
As I said earlier — you hear rumors about every player and you don’t hear anything about them and the Lakers. The only one you do is AD, but he is under contract with NO thru next season.

Out of curiosity — what are the players Laker fans are coming to LA next tear to play with Lebron?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But I also think he was sold on the fact Magic Johnson and LA would surround him with other superstars.
Kawhi ended up in Toronto. Paul George signed with OKC. They failed to trade for Anthony Davis and with Zion going to New Orleans — he may stay in NO. Durant will be GSW or he will be in NY.
As I said earlier — you hear rumors about every player and you don’t hear anything about them and the Lakers. The only one you do is AD, but he is under contract with NO thru next season.

Out of curiosity — what are the players Laker fans are coming to LA next tear to play with Lebron?

At what point was Lebron promised to play with multiple other superstars? Is this something you assumed again or do you have legitimate proof of this?

Lebron came to LA without another star, knowing there was additional cap space in 19/20 to try to get another FA.

No promises, just hope.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point was Lebron promised to play with multiple other superstars? Is this something you assumed again or do you have legitimate proof of this?

Lebron came to LA without another star, knowing there was additional cap space in 19/20 to try to get another FA.

No promises, just hope.

Do you pay even watch basketball? Do you think he went to Miami because he liked the club scene? He went to play with other superstars.
Do you think he would have went back to Cleveland because he was homesick? He went because they had Kyrie and a deal in place to bring in Kevin Love.

I believe LA is where he wants to be. But there is ZERO chance he doesn’t demand a trade if LA is unable to lure other superstars to play alongside him. He isn’t wasting the last few years he has being a .500 team in the West. No chance.

He wants to be in that GOAT conversation and with only 3 rings and twice as many losses in the NBA finals — he will get what he wants, either with LA or whoever they deal him to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you pay even watch basketball? Do you think he went to Miami because he liked the club scene? He went to play with other superstars.
Do you think he would have went back to Cleveland because he was homesick? He went because they had Kyrie and a deal in place to bring in Kevin Love.

I believe LA is where he wants to be. But there is ZERO chance he doesn’t demand a trade if LA is unable to lure other superstars to play alongside him. He isn’t wasting the last few years he has being a .500 team in the West. No chance.

He wants to be in that GOAT conversation and with only 3 rings and twice as many losses in the NBA finals — he will get what he wants, either with LA or whoever they deal him to.

How old was he when he went to Miami? And then back to Cleveland?

Are you seriously saying a player in his prime has the same motive as a guy near the end of his career?

If he's so desperate to play with other stars why didn't he demand the Lakers sign a star player last season?

He didn't come to LA just for basketball reasons. Someone with half a brain would realise that.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I saw some speculation that Zion might go back to Duke instead of go to NO? Hasn’t hired an agent yet...

That would be some kinda salt.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really that different from what they had with Randle this year? Zion may have more upside, but it will take time to realize it.

I think Zion's a better athlete and with a guy like AD drawing doubles it's going to be real easy for him to continue to do what he's been doing all his life. My doubts about Zion are his big body being able to make it through a grueling NBA season.

But that's a fair point.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old was he when he went to Miami? And then back to Cleveland?

Are you seriously saying a player in his prime has the same motive as a guy near the end of his career?

If he's so desperate to play with other stars why didn't he demand the Lakers sign a star player last season?

He didn't come to LA just for basketball reasons. Someone with half a brain would realise that.

Ok — who else was LA going to sign? Paul George didn’t even give LA a chance signing with OKC. Durant was already signed again by GSW. Chris Paul was already signed on again with Houston. So who was it that LA was going to bring in with him?

The FA class coming up is the one everyone has been structuring their contracts to clear space for. Or do you think it is just a coincidence that LA gave out so many 1 year deals?!? If LA misses out on adding another superstar to play alongside him — I would guarantee he will be looking to get out and go to a contending team.

With Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Kyrie Irvin, etc in the 2019 class, as well as Anthony Davis demanding a trade — if LA comes away empty — LeBron will demand a trade.

Anyone thinking he wants to play out the end of his last few quality years as an NBA player surrounded by the hodge podge of young players on the Lakers is kidding themselves and haven’t paid attention at all to his career or his career choices up to this point.

My guess what will happen — The Pelicans will absolutely rake the Lakers over the coals in a deal to get Anthony Davis to LA. I’d bet they would have to give up Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, their #4 pick this year and a future #1. It is an insane amount to give up, but Boston has an endless amount of picks and much better players to offer, so LA has to go overboard to try and match what Boston can offer.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Word on the street' is not always right, but when multiple sources keep saying something there's probably something there.

Right now word on the street is Durant to the Knicks. Is it a lock? No. Is it a very good chance? Yep.

And right now word is the Pels absolutely no way in hell will trade AD to the Lakers. They simply won't. East teams only. I think Laker fans need to think about other possibilities, that ain't happening. He might sign there next year, but the Pels won't move him there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Word on the street' is not always right, but when multiple sources keep saying something there's probably something there.

Right now word on the street is Durant to the Knicks. Is it a lock? No. Is it a very good chance? Yep.

And right now word is the Pels absolutely no way in hell will trade AD to the Lakers. They simply won't. East teams only. I think Laker fans need to think about other possibilities, that ain't happening. He might sign there next year, but the Pels won't move him there.

Sounds like kyrie to nyc is almost done too. That would take Boston out and mean Danny really missed the mark with the kyrie deal.

He could’ve traded for kawhi and brow without the Irving trade.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.....and if this Math holds up, Knicks would likely be able to keep Davis.

Holy Shit to this big 3 if they can stay healthy.

Anthony Davis would certainly consider re-signing with the Knicks if he felt he could be successful in New York, per SNY sources familiar with the matter. And here's how a Davis to New York trade could work:

Since the goal would likely be to pair Davis with two other stars, the Knicks would first sign their two max free agents in early July, using nearly all of their $70-plus million in cap space.

They would then have to send out roughly $21.6 million in salary to satisfy NBA trade rules in a swap for Davis, who is making $27 million in 2019.

There are different ways to get to $21.6 million, but the easiest way to get there is to include their 2019 first-round pick. (The No. 1 pick can earn $9.7 in his first season.)

It's worth noting, however, that there is no consensus among the Knicks as to whether they would include the 2019 No. 1 pick in a deal for Davis or any other star.

A package of the No. 1 pick, Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr. and Kevin Knox would work under the NBA's trade stipulations.

If the Knicks include their 2019 first-round pick in the deal, they would have to wait 30 days until after the date that the rookie signed the contract to complete the deal, per NBA rules.

You can expect the Pelicans to ask for 21-year-old center Mitchell Robinson and additional draft picks in any Davis talks. Including this year's pick, the Knicks have seven first-round picks in the next five years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bensons don't want to deal with the Lakers but they've hired Griffin and given him more power to change the franchise than any person they've hired before. Griffin, from what I've seen, is a smart dude. He'll make the best deal for his team regardless of who it is. If its the Lakers offer, he'll make it. But I also doubt the Lakers will have the best offer so...