• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The celtic's ammo is not as good as you think it is. The Lakers have #4, next years first round, and young assets. AD wants to come to LA, not Boston. You would be renting him for a year.

The Lakers ammo is not as good as you think it is. End of story.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year.

You get every team is in the room, right and would need to be in on it? In what world would Mark Cuban say, "sure, go ahead and give the #1 to anyone but us...whatever helps the league."?

In response to your second point, I've seen videos of the alleged straight and narrow drawing. The reps are too far away to actually see the numbers, so the NBA could say one number (9, for example) and the ball they draw could actually be a 6. No one in the room is close enough to see the numbers, they just take the NBA's word for it.

As for the reason they rigged it for this year? The answer is Anthony Davis. I know he still claims to want out, but that's why the NBA rigged this year's lottery.

Also before any more people pile on...I'm not convinced they rig the lottery every year. That would be too obvious. Unfortunately, they're not very subtle when they actually do rig it.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do understand what 14% odds to win #1 means, right? That 86% odds are against the Knicks winning the #1 overall pick. Simply put; these new odds make the draft a very different thing now. Tanking moves from the bottom of the draft to the edge of the playoffs.

Yes I do. Keep in mind...when I claim rigging, I'm talking about the #1 pick.

Help me out here. When they do the drawing they start with #1 right?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In response to your second point, I've seen videos of the alleged straight and narrow drawing. The reps are too far away to actually see the numbers, so the NBA could say one number (9, for example) and the ball they draw could actually be a 6. No one in the room is close enough to see the numbers, they just take the NBA's word for it.

As for the reason they rigged it for this year? The answer is Anthony Davis. I know he still claims to want out, but that's why the NBA rigged this year's lottery.

Also before any more people pile on...I'm not convinced they rig the lottery every year. That would be too obvious. Unfortunately, they're not very subtle when they actually do rig it.

you mean like the Bulls getting #1 the year after jordan left?

the Cavs getting Bron?

The Cavs getting #1 the year after Bron left?

The Pelicans getting #1 months after Benson bailed them out of a fucking train-wreck of the league owned New Orleans team (and lost Chris Paul)?

There are quite a few coincidences....enough of them that the odds of them ALL happening are kinda astronomical.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it is your contention the NBA rigged a lottery because their main priority is keep AD in NO?

Guessing anyone reading this is 100% sure you'd say it was rigged if NY, LA, Chicago or really any team won.

Conspiracy Guy gonna Conspiracy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. Keep in mind...when I claim rigging, I'm talking about the #1 pick.

Help me out here. When they do the drawing they start with #1 right?
yes, they do. You get it's on tape and what you contend would be seen if someone chose to rewatch it?

Since you are just making it up I would have thought you could have done better for their dastardly deed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Cavs getting Bron?

The Pelicans getting #1 months after Benson bailed them out of a fucking train-wreck of the league owned New Orleans team (and lost Chris Paul)?

There are quite a few coincidences....enough of them that the odds of them ALL happening are kinda astronomical.
The Lakers NEVER winning...NY not winning in 30+ years......... Seattle/Portland getting Durant/Oden

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers NEVER winning...NY not winning in 30+ years......... Seattle/Portland getting Durant/Oden

I would bet the farm benson was promised 1-1 for buying a down and hot franchise

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Cavs getting Bron?

Don't forget the NBA helping out David Robinson by awarding the Spurs #1 in '97. That they could stick it to Pitino was simply icing on the cake that year.

I don't know if it was this year or '97, but the NBA not giving the Celtics the #1 pick in '07 because they were allegedly tanking when there was no proof they were. It certainly didn't help when Popovich popped off (pardon the pun) about the Celtics deserving the #1 pick in '07 to make up for '97. Granted, I'm glad they didn't get #1 that year as they probably would've grabbed Oden and not Durant.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about comma, question mark? exclamation point! colon() semi-colon; etc?
Quite possible but either way New Orleans is the bottom of the ocean and swamp land. No one in their right mind wants to stay there long

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is your contention the NBA rigged a lottery because their main priority is keep AD in NO?

Guessing anyone reading this is 100% sure you'd say it was rigged if NY, LA, Chicago or really any team won.

Conspiracy Guy gonna Conspiracy.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, so you can screw right off with that narrative. The coincidence of AD wanting out and the Pels getting #1 are too strong to imply this year was on the straight and narrow.

As for your 2nd point...yes on LA, maybe on NY and maybe on Chicago.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the three teams with the best odds, only one lands in the top three at 3. Seems legit.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, they do. You get it's on tape and what you contend would be seen if someone chose to rewatch it?

Since you are just making it up I would have thought you could have done better for their dastardly deed.

The arrogant condescension is strong with you.

I've seen the video's of the allegedly on the level drawing. The reps are too far away to make out the numbers, so it's entirely possible to rig the lottery. You know this is true, but you want to let your smug superiority flag fly instead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a conspiracy guy, so you can screw right off with that narrative. The coincidence of AD wanting out and the Pels getting #1 are too strong to imply this year was on the straight and narrow.

As for your 2nd point...yes on LA, maybe on NY and maybe on Chicago.
so you are conspiracy guy....as I said.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arrogant condescension is strong with you.

I've seen the video's of the allegedly on the level drawing. The reps are too far away to make out the numbers, so it's entirely possible to rig the lottery. You know this is true, but you want to let your smug superiority flag fly instead.
I'm letting common sense cloud me. If it's on video, video could be zoomed in to pick up the numbers.

Any reason they gave Memphis #2? Maybe they promised extra BBQ sent to the NBA offices?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why N.O. getting the number 1 makes it a conspiracy lol. They lose AD and gain a potential star? They already had a storyline with AD leaving and turns out he is leaving no matter what. Zion would be a storyline wherever he goes.

Memphis got the #2. Ok, who gives a shit.

NY got the #3. They were projected the #1 but had the exact same odds to get the #3.

The Lakers move up 7 spots and it is uncommon but why not give the Lakers a top 3 pick.

The better story is give NYK the #1. That is a sure fire deal for AD.

There were better stories out there but this is definitely a good one. But like I said earlier there could have been a "narrative for rigging the lottery" for almost every team getting the #1 pick besides maybe Memphis or ATL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why N.O. getting the number 1 makes it a conspiracy lol. They lose AD and gain a potential star? They already had a storyline with AD leaving and turns out he is leaving no matter what. Zion would be a storyline wherever he goes.

Memphis got the #2. Ok, who gives a shit.

NY got the #3. They were projected the #1 but had the exact same odds to get the #3.

The Lakers move up 7 spots and it is uncommon but why not give the Lakers a top 3 pick.

The better story is give NYK the #1. That is a sure fire deal for AD.

There were better stories out there but this is definitely a good one. But like I said earlier there could have been a "narrative for rigging the lottery" for almost every team getting the #1 pick besides maybe Memphis or ATL.
Atlanta? Easy....to pair with Trae Young.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the NBA helping out David Robinson by awarding the Spurs #1 in '97. That they could stick it to Pitino was simply icing on the cake that year.

I don't know if it was this year or '97, but the NBA not giving the Celtics the #1 pick in '07 because they were allegedly tanking when there was no proof they were. It certainly didn't help when Popovich popped off (pardon the pun) about the Celtics deserving the #1 pick in '07 to make up for '97. Granted, I'm glad they didn't get #1 that year as they probably would've grabbed Oden and not Durant.

Spurs tanked so bad, lied about Robinson’s injuries and Floated retirement rumors to get 1-1.

They also pretended they wouldn’t stay in SA if they didn’t get Duncan.

Their owner is scum