• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bensons don't want to deal with the Lakers but they've hired Griffin and given him more power to change the franchise than any person they've hired before. Griffin, from what I've seen, is a smart dude. He'll make the best deal for his team regardless of who it is. If its the Lakers offer, he'll make it. But I also doubt the Lakers will have the best offer so...

That's part of it too, the Lakers probably don't have the best offer. But I was talking about the 'word on the street', and just like multiple sources say Durant is a Knick next year, there are multiple sources saying the Lakers have no chance. Is the 'word on the street' always correct? No. Is it usually correct, when there's this much smoke? Yes it is.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's part of it too, the Lakers probably don't have the best offer. But I was talking about the 'word on the street', and just like multiple sources say Durant is a Knick next year, there are multiple sources saying the Lakers have no chance. Is the 'word on the street' always correct? No. Is it usually correct, when there's this much smoke? Yes it is.

That's the way it's being reported.

The Bensons don't want to deal with the Lakers but they've hired Griffin and given him more power to change the franchise than any person they've hired before. Griffin, from what I've seen, is a smart dude. He'll make the best deal for his team regardless of who it is. If its the Lakers offer, he'll make it. But I also doubt the Lakers will have the best offer so...

Windbag said the exact opposite of this on the Jump Wednesday.

Best deal NOT THE Lakers.

New Orleans Pelicans president of basketball operations David Griffin may have a good relationship with Klutch Sports, but that doesn't mean the team plans to acquiesce to Anthony Davis' request to be a Los Angeles Laker.

"The Pelicans are not interested in making a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers," ESPN's Brian Windhorst said on Wednesday's episode of The Jump.

After the Pelicans hired Griffin, it appeared the odds for a Lakers trade had increased. Griffin has a good working relationship with Klutch Sports, which represents Davis and LeBron James among others, dating back to his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The pushback against sending Davis to the Lakers seems to be coming from the ownership level. New Orleans is one of the NBA's smallest markets, and it's possible owner Gayle Benson is choosing to make a moral stand against trading Davis to his desired location. Of course, the likes of Boston and New York are not exactly small markets, either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the way it's being reported.

Windbag said the exact opposite of this on the Jump Wednesday.

Best deal NOT THE Lakers.

New Orleans Pelicans president of basketball operations David Griffin may have a good relationship with Klutch Sports, but that doesn't mean the team plans to acquiesce to Anthony Davis' request to be a Los Angeles Laker.

"The Pelicans are not interested in making a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers," ESPN's Brian Windhorst said on Wednesday's episode of The Jump.

After the Pelicans hired Griffin, it appeared the odds for a Lakers trade had increased. Griffin has a good working relationship with Klutch Sports, which represents Davis and LeBron James among others, dating back to his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The pushback against sending Davis to the Lakers seems to be coming from the ownership level. New Orleans is one of the NBA's smallest markets, and it's possible owner Gayle Benson is choosing to make a moral stand against trading Davis to his desired location. Of course, the likes of Boston and New York are not exactly small markets, either.

I watched the Jump yesterday.

I am totally with Windhorst.

I don't even think it is about taking a stand. The Knicks package is younger and has considerably more
upside, and more years before RFA to make important roster decisions.

Huge value gap between pick 3 and 4 this year, especially after considering the potential Zion/Barrett pairing and the relationship the 2 already have.

I like Ingram, but he just isn't and valuable as Laker fans want him to be because he will be an RFA next summer and will need to get paid. Kuzma, while very productive, is probably not a better long term prospect than Mitchell Robinson either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they tried to move Lonzo for a top 10 pick it would really put them over the top for an AD trade.

Ingram
Kuzma
Top 10 pick

4 young players to go with Zion, Holiday and Randle.

One of those trades that helps everybody.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually watched , and I don’t know why! New the knicks were not going to get it! They suck at everything!

NBA done in 15 years . Too corrupted

I miss nothing now that I am a civilian! Now , you have writers acting like they write for the national inquirer! ‘ KD IS 100% going to be in NY by the summer, UNLESS HE CHANGES HIS MIND, lol, I sprayed the whole kitchen with milk out my nose lol’n on that brilliant piece.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly think that the Pelicans organization will never trade AD to the Lakers unless there are literally no other suitors. It would be a huge embarrassment for them if they did. Maybe if the Lakers got the No. 1 pick they would have considered it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like what the Knicks can offer more than anyone else for AD.

#3(Barrett), Robinson, Knox and DSJ is an overall better package than what LAL or BOS can offer IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#3(Barrett), Robinson, Knox and DSJ is an overall better package than what LAL or BOS can offer IMO.

Will they though? A smart GM only offers just enough to be the best offer. If Boston falls out after Kyrie leaves and Tatum is no longer made available, who is NY competing against? A Lakers team that NO refuses to deal with?

If they're taking a stand against big market teams, why would they send AD to the largest market (NY)? Because it's not about market size; it's about butthurt. It makes exactly as much sense as keeping CP3 away from the Lakers, only to send him to the Clippers. It's NOT about market size.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is doing this to help prop up the larger markets. Smaller markets already have the disadvantage to sign the mega stars and now they have less of a chance to build through the draft. I see why they did it tbh

Unfortunately, the best way to help smaller market teams (just draft from worst to first) also encourages tanking the most.

This draft may fix the tanking issue, but as we saw, it can also hurt the smaller market teams. Small market teams got the #1 and #2 picks, but then 3 and 4 went to large market teams while the Cavs and Suns got bumped back.

Personally, I think that the NBA should accept a certain amount of tanking. Fans of teams who are tanking, for the most part, seem to be okay with it as long as it is strategic and part of a bigger plan. If the fans are good with it, the league should be to a point.

But they do need to come up with a way to curtail it some because it's also not a good look if half the teams in the league are tanking or you have the same teams in the lottery season after season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he actually had to choice where he got to go when he got drafted I bet even he wouldn't have picked cleveland.

Wrong. He went BACK to Cleveland after Miami lol. That means he picked Cleveland. You definitely aren't the brightest, lay off the pills

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Jump yesterday.

I am totally with Windhorst.

I don't even think it is about taking a stand. The Knicks package is younger and has considerably more
upside, and more years before RFA to make important roster decisions.

Huge value gap between pick 3 and 4 this year, especially after considering the potential Zion/Barrett pairing and the relationship the 2 already have.

I like Ingram, but he just isn't and valuable as Laker fans want him to be because he will be an RFA next summer and will need to get paid. Kuzma, while very productive, is probably not a better long term prospect than Mitchell Robinson either.

Younger definitely, Barrett and Knox are very young. If Barrett were to live up to the hype he could be very good but what we do know is Tatum is easily better than any player for the Lakers, Celtics or Knicks offers. They will probably take the Knicks though for the fact they will get sucked into pleasing Zion with his friend RJ. If Knox and RJ don't live up to the hype, Zion will force his way out sooner rather than later. The Knicks offer makes the most sense, but it still isn't the best imo.

Never been a fan of Lonzo or Ingram, I've said that for awhile.

I just hate the talk about how a player is young so they MUST have more potential than a guy 2 years older. Every player is different. Andrew Wiggins is the perfect example.

It all comes down to what the Pelicans like more and every franchise and GM is going to have a different opinion. Lucky for N.O. they have one of the best in Griffin.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will they though? A smart GM only offers just enough to be the best offer. If Boston falls out after Kyrie leaves and Tatum is no longer made available, who is NY competing against? A Lakers team that NO refuses to deal with?

If they're taking a stand against big market teams, why would they send AD to the largest market (NY)? Because it's not about market size; it's about butthurt. It makes exactly as much sense as keeping CP3 away from the Lakers, only to send him to the Clippers. It's NOT about market size.

The nba never should’ve gotten involved with that.

They set up a Chinese wall and then knocked it down only when it was convenient for them

Once they blocked the lakers trade they should’ve said Paul can’t be traded.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe better than the Lakers, but with the Celtics, it depends on what Ainge is willing to give up and whether or not he believes he can get AD to stay.

The Celtics have a lot of draft picks and some very good, proven young players. If Ainge believes that AD will stay and goes all in, I don't think anyone can beat their best possible offer.

For the Lakers, if they can trade Lonzo to the Suns for their #6 pick...they can put together a package of 2 top 10 picks plus Ingram and Kuzma. Ingram's blood clot issue isn't a problem because it's not a Chris Bosh situation. Adding Ingram, Kuzma, plus whoever they get at #4 and #6 in this current draft to Zion, Randle and Holiday would make for a really good young group that could be scary as hell in a couple of seasons.

All 3 teams are capable of putting together a really good and fair package for AD. It just depends on which of them will and which one the Pels like.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe better than the Lakers, but with the Celtics, it depends on what Ainge is willing to give up and whether or not he believes he can get AD to stay.

The Celtics have a lot of draft picks and some very good, proven young players. If Ainge believes that AD will stay and goes all in, I don't think anyone can beat their best possible offer.

For the Lakers, if they can trade Lonzo to the Suns for their #6 pick...they can put together a package of 2 top 10 picks plus Ingram and Kuzma. Ingram's blood clot issue isn't a problem because it's not a Chris Bosh situation. Adding Ingram, Kuzma, plus whoever they get at #4 and #6 in this current draft to Zion, Randle and Holiday would make for a really good young group that could be scary as hell in a couple of seasons.

All 3 teams are capable of putting together a really good and fair package for AD. It just depends on which of them will and which one the Pels like.

IF Boston were to offer Tatum AND Brown plus picks, that offer would hands down be better, but we don't know what Ainge will offer and I think he has said before he isn't giving up both...could be wrong.

I still think the best fit for AD is playing aside Lebron without a doubt, it won't be up to him though unfortunately.

But I agree, 2 top 10 picks (4 and maybe 7) plus Kuzma and Ingram, more proven players than any player in the Knicks offer is pretty damn good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. He went BACK to Cleveland after Miami lol. That means he picked Cleveland. You definitely aren't the brightest, lay off the pills

Do you think he "picks" Cleveland if he's not from there and hadn't promised their fans a title?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Boston were to offer Tatum AND Brown plus picks, that offer would hands down be better, but we don't know what Ainge will offer and I think he has said before he isn't giving up both...could be wrong.

I still think the best fit for AD is playing aside Lebron without a doubt, it won't be up to him though unfortunately.

But I agree, 2 top 10 picks (4 and maybe 7) plus Kuzma and Ingram, more proven players than any player in the Knicks offer is pretty damn good.

Yeah, if Boston does that, no one is beating their offer. If they don't, then I think the Lakers offer would be a little better than the Knicks. If for no other reason than they would have the #1, #4 and #6 picks in this draft.

In a Lakers offer vs. Knicks offer scenario...if it's left 100% up to Griffin, he probably takes the Lakers offer because he is smart enough to just take the best offer period, regardless of where it comes from.

But if ownership is still butthurt over the AD debacle, the Lakers offer wouldn't be "better enough" to prevent them from taking the Knicks offer instead.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Boston does that, no one is beating their offer. If they don't, then I think the Lakers offer would be a little better than the Knicks. If for no other reason than they would have the #1, #4 and #6 picks in this draft.

In a Lakers offer vs. Knicks offer scenario...if it's left 100% up to Griffin, he probably takes the Lakers offer because he is smart enough to just take the best offer period, regardless of where it comes from.

But if ownership is still butthurt over the AD debacle, the Lakers offer wouldn't be "better enough" to prevent them from taking the Knicks offer instead.

I don't know if the Lakers can top

3 (Barrett)
Knox
DS JR
Frank
both Dallas picks.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston may have to offer both forwards to keep Kyrie.

What I hope that means is, they keep some picks to offset it.

Those spots will need to be replaced.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he "picks" Cleveland if he's not from there and hadn't promised their fans a title?

Well that is definitely a huge hypothetical. There aren't many players that just prefer a franchise unless they are from that city or state or rooted for them for years anyway. That's just how it works.