• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Lakers can top

3 (Barrett)
Knox
DS JR
Frank
both Dallas picks.

Barrett is unproven.
Knox didn't exactly show much in his rookie year.

The rest of those guys are young but basically bench players.

Both Ingram and Kuzma are starters on N.O. Plus two top 10 picks. That is a lot of talent. The Knicks still have a very good offer without a doubt.

Like, @trojanfan12 said, it basically comes down to Griffin. If it is 100% his decision he goes with the best offer. It sounds like he doesn't though from reports even though I heard he did and that's why he accepted the job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Boston does that, no one is beating their offer. If they don't, then I think the Lakers offer would be a little better than the Knicks. If for no other reason than they would have the #1, #4 and #6 picks in this draft.

In a Lakers offer vs. Knicks offer scenario...if it's left 100% up to Griffin, he probably takes the Lakers offer because he is smart enough to just take the best offer period, regardless of where it comes from.

But if ownership is still butthurt over the AD debacle, the Lakers offer wouldn't be "better enough" to prevent them from taking the Knicks offer instead.

The problem with Ingram is he will be an RFA after this year.

I actually the Knicks have more to offer than the Lakers.

They have the #3, Knox, Robinson, DSJ, Frankie Smokes, plus the 2 1st rounders from Dallas. Not sure if they would offer all of that but it's a LOT.

I don't think the Lakers can offer that. Of course it all depends on what the Pelicans expect out of next season. If they want to make a serious run for a playoff spot then older guys make more sense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett is unproven.
Knox didn't exactly show much in his rookie year.

The rest of those guys are young but basically bench players.

Both Ingram and Kuzma are starters on N.O. Plus two top 10 picks. That is a lot of talent. The Knicks still have a very good offer without a doubt.

Like, @trojanfan12 said, it basically comes down to Griffin. If it is 100% his decision he goes with the best offer. It sounds like he doesn't though from reports even though I heard he did and that's why he accepted the job.

Kuzma is a good solid player who is unlikely to be more than he is already. Ingram still has upside but, as I just mentioned, he's an RFA in 2020. Obviously Barrett is unproven. And Knox is super young as well. But what are the Pelicans looking to do? They are trading a franchise player. Trading him so you can build a #5 seed is extremely short sighted.

The Knicks offer would give them a bunch of lotto tickets. Knox and Barrett are still players that COULD be stars. The Dallas pick in 2021 is unprotected.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is a good solid player who is unlikely to be more than he is already. Ingram still has upside but, as I just mentioned, he's an RFA in 2020. Obviously Barrett is unproven. And Knox is super young as well. But what are the Pelicans looking to do? They are trading a franchise player. Trading him so you can build a #5 seed is extremely short sighted.

The Knicks offer would give them a bunch of lotto tickets. Knox and Barrett are still players that COULD be stars. The Dallas pick in 2021 is unprotected.

Well in that Lakers offer they would get TWO top 10 picks but yeah Knox, Barrett and whatever other picks you get there will definitely be a ton of youth and possible potential. With either trade you aren't looking to make the playoffs in the next couple years most likely anyway unless these picks pan out the way you want them to. A main core of Zion, Barrett, Knox and Holiday, maybe Randle is fun but not sure how good that team can be and how they fit. Still a lot of young talent though.

The Dallas unprotected pick is great but most likely a non-lottery pick if I had to take guess. I see Dallas as a playoff team in two years but things change.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Ingram is he will be an RFA after this year.

I actually the Knicks have more to offer than the Lakers.

They have the #3, Knox, Robinson, DSJ, Frankie Smokes, plus the 2 1st rounders from Dallas. Not sure if they would offer all of that but it's a LOT.

I don't think the Lakers can offer that. Of course it all depends on what the Pelicans expect out of next season. If they want to make a serious run for a playoff spot then older guys make more sense.

Yeah, if the Dallas picks are added, that can change things a bit.

Assuming the Lakers traded Lonzo for the Suns pick, the absolute best they could offer would be the #4 and #6 picks in this draft, plus Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and a couple of future firsts that presumably wouldn't be very high.

Ingram being an RFA wouldn't be too much of an issue if the Pels believe he can consistently play at the level he was at before his injury.

That would be a really good offer, but yeah, I'm not sure it beats a Knicks offer if they add both Dallas picks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably shouldn't talk about offers anymore, I am biased. I think Barrett will be a bust. If I am the Pelicans though teaming up R.J. and Zion is very very tempting and seems like just a no-brainer though. Can't disagree with doing that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in that Lakers offer they would get TWO top 10 picks but yeah Knox, Barrett and whatever other picks you get there will definitely be a ton of youth and possible potential. With either trade you aren't looking to make the playoffs in the next couple years most likely anyway unless these picks pan out the way you want them to. A main core of Zion, Barrett, Knox and Holiday, maybe Randle is fun but not sure how good that team can be and how they fit. Still a lot of young talent though.

The Dallas unprotected pick is great but most likely a non-lottery pick if I had to take guess. I see Dallas as a playoff team in two years but things change.

The Lakers could offer 2 1st round picks? Is this the theoretically Suns for Lonzo deal? I really don't think the Suns would make that deal. Cost controlled seasons are a huge factor in the NBA. Getting players who will be FAs right as your team is supposed to start being good is a dangerous plan.

I think the Mavs have a lot of question marks right now. They made a huge roll of the dice that Porzingas can do something he hasn't been able to do in his career, stay healthy. If he can't then the Mavs are a lottery team despite Doncic being one of the promising young stars.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if the Dallas picks are added, that can change things a bit.

Assuming the Lakers traded Lonzo for the Suns pick, the absolute best they could offer would be the #4 and #6 picks in this draft, plus Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and a couple of future firsts that presumably wouldn't be very high.

Ingram being an RFA wouldn't be too much of an issue if the Pels believe he can consistently play at the level he was at before his injury.

That would be a really good offer, but yeah, I'm not sure it beats a Knicks offer if they add both Dallas picks.

I disagree that Ingram being an RFA is a non-issue. Even if they believe he could become a star, that would happen likely right as he becomes an UFA or even after.

If the Lakers could trade Lonzo for the #6 then I do think that changes things dramatically. But I don't think that is likely.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could offer 2 1st round picks? Is this the theoretically Suns for Lonzo deal? I really don't think the Suns would make that deal. Cost controlled seasons are a huge factor in the NBA. Getting players who will be FAs right as your team is supposed to start being good is a dangerous plan.

I think the Mavs have a lot of question marks right now. They made a huge roll of the dice that Porzingas can do something he hasn't been able to do in his career, stay healthy. If he can't then the Mavs are a lottery team despite Doncic being one of the promising young stars.

It's all rumors, the Suns love Lonzo SUPPOSEDLY. So yeah very hypothetical. In the grand scheme of things, the Knicks offer seems like the best long-term plan.

Porzingis is definitely a question mark but remember they can add a star this year if they wanted, gotta shed some salaries but they could add a Jimmy Butler or another player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all rumors, the Suns love Lonzo SUPPOSEDLY. So yeah very hypothetical. In the grand scheme of things, the Knicks offer seems like the best long-term plan.

Porzingis is definitely a question mark but remember they can add a star this year if they wanted, gotta shed some salaries but they could add a Jimmy Butler or another player.

Well they COULD add a star. Hard to believe that a star is going to go to Dallas. There aren't too many top tier free agents who have ever signed with a lottery team regardless of how promising that team is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is a good solid player who is unlikely to be more than he is already.

Hard to say with him. Most, myself included, said the same thing about him last year and he still got better.

I tend to agree that he's as good, or real close to it, as he will ever be, but he does seem to have a real desire to be a great player. Or at least as close as he can get to being one.

He's always working on his game and trying to learn. He was the first to fully embrace Lebron being on the team and apparently followed him around like a puppy last year. lol

He was also the least afraid to not defer to Lebron.

I think a lot of folks hold staying in college against him. But they forget (or aren't old enough to know/remember) that guys staying 3-4 years in college used to be more the norm than it is now and plenty of those players still had a lot of upside coming into the league.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they COULD add a star. Hard to believe that a star is going to go to Dallas. There aren't too many top tier free agents who have ever signed with a lottery team regardless of how promising that team is.

Yeah but once you get a star and very likable player like Doncic, it's possible, still not very likely but Doncic is a true leader and game-changer that players would want to play with. This team's success still depends on Porzingis though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS
Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Anthony Davis
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, No. 4 pick (drafted by Lakers), 2022 first-round pick

KNICKS 1a
New York Knicks Receive: Anthony Davis
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Damyean Dotson, Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr., No. 3 pick (drafted by Knicks), 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick (via Dallas)

KNICKS 1b
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr., No. 3 pick (drafted by Knicks), 2020 first-round pick (top-two protection), 2020 second-round pick (via Charlotte), 2021 first-round pick (via Dallas), 2023 first-round pick (top-10 protection, via Dallas)

CELTICS
Boston Celtics Receive: Anthony Davis
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, No. 14, 20 or 22 pick, 2020 first-round pick (via Memphis; top-six protection in 2020; unprotected in 2021)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Ingram being an RFA is a non-issue. Even if they believe he could become a star, that would happen likely right as he becomes an UFA or even after.

If the Lakers could trade Lonzo for the #6 then I do think that changes things dramatically. But I don't think that is likely.

True, but he'd still be under their control for 3-4 more years. They'd have to hope that he liked things enough to stay.

Hard to say on Lonzo and the Suns. The Suns have a lot of guys who love to score, but they don't have anyone who loves, or even likes (lol) to pass to get them the ball.

I don't think there is a point guard in the league who loves to pass more than Lonzo.

The overall belief on this draft is that once you get past #3, the rest of the remaining class isn't exactly overwhelming.

The Suns have apparently expressed interest in Lonzo in the past and Lonzo has said he's have no issue playing there. So the Suns may decide that a #6 pick that may not help them much is worth giving up to get a guy who can solve a lot of problems for them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS
Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Anthony Davis
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, No. 4 pick (drafted by Lakers), 2022 first-round pick

KNICKS 1a
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Damyean Dotson, Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr., No. 3 pick (drafted by Knicks), 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick (via Dallas)

KNICKS 1b
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr., No. 3 pick (drafted by Knicks), 2020 first-round pick (top-two protection), 2020 second-round pick (via Charlotte), 2021 first-round pick (via Dallas), 2023 first-round pick (top-10 protection, via Dallas)

CELTICS
Boston Celtics Receive: Anthony Davis
New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, No. 14, 20 or 22 pick, 2020 first-round pick (via Memphis; top-six protection in 2020; unprotected in 2021)

Minor point. The Knicks 2020 1st round pick would need to be a 2021 1st round pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he'd still be under their control for 3-4 more years. They'd have to hope that he liked things enough to stay.

Hard to say on Lonzo and the Suns. The Suns have a lot of guys who love to score, but they don't have anyone who loves, or even likes (lol) to pass to get them the ball.

I don't think there is a point guard in the league who loves to pass more than Lonzo.

The overall belief on this draft is that once you get past #3, the rest of the remaining class isn't exactly overwhelming.

The Suns have apparently expressed interest in Lonzo in the past and Lonzo has said he's have no issue playing there. So the Suns may decide that a #6 pick that may not help them much is worth giving up to get a guy who can solve a lot of problems for them.

It's possible certainly. But the Suns would really need to believe that Ball is going to blossom a LOT in the next couple of years to even think this is a possibility. Giving up a mid-lottery pick is hard. I think it is much more likely that they would offer future protected picks for Ball.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible certainly. But the Suns would really need to believe that Ball is going to blossom a LOT in the next couple of years to even think this is a possibility. Giving up a mid-lottery pick is hard. I think it is much more likely that they would offer future protected picks for Ball.

He really wouldn't have to "blossom" that much though.

He's already has elite vision and passing skills and is a very good defender. He also plays at a fast pace which the Suns seem to want. That's a lot of problems solved for the Suns.

To truly be as good as he can be, he needs to add at least a serviceable perimeter shot. But how important would that even really be on a team where he would be, at most, the #4 scoring option anyway?

I do agree that giving up a mid-level lottery pick would be hard. But if the choice is a young player who has shown he can solve some of their issues and a guy who has never played in the NBA and may not solve any of their issues, it should be a little easier.

I think it's more likely that it doesn't happen, but the fact that there has been interest at least makes it a little more likely than some of the other speculation that is/will be out there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really wouldn't have to "blossom" that much though.

He's already has elite vision and passing skills and is a very good defender. He also plays at a fast pace which the Suns seem to want. That's a lot of problems solved for the Suns.

To truly be as good as he can be, he needs to add at least a serviceable perimeter shot. But how important would that even really be on a team where he would be, at most, the #4 scoring option anyway?

I do agree that giving up a mid-level lottery pick would be hard. But if the choice is a young player who has shown he can solve some of their issues and a guy who has never played in the NBA and may not solve any of their issues, it should be a little easier.

I think it's more likely that it doesn't happen, but the fact that there has been interest at least makes it a little more likely than some of the other speculation that is/will be out there.

Right now he projects to be Rajon Rondo. Do the Suns say that's worth giving up a #6 or do they hope that someone like Garland could become an elite PG?

I dunno. You don't see mid round lottery picks traded for players all that frequently. But it does happen. So I guess we'll see.