• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. He went BACK to Cleveland after Miami lol. That means he picked Cleveland. You definitely aren't the brightest, lay off the pills

Your reading comprehension isn’t very good is it.

Not surprising though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants Ntilikina. Make that Mitchell Robinson

Salaries wouldn't add up anyway. Gotta get to $21.6M, gotta add in Lance Thomas (only $1M guaranteed) so the N.O. would just waive him.

Knox
Robinson
DSJ
Thomas

Add in #3 pick salary and that clears the $21.6M

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might actually help the Lakers get Davis. All those young players plus 4 to pair with Zion is very fair

IMO they far more likely to take the Knicks offer of the #3, Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, and one of the Mavs picks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he projects to be Rajon Rondo. Do the Suns say that's worth giving up a #6 or do they hope that someone like Garland could become an elite PG?

I dunno. You don't see mid round lottery picks traded for players all that frequently. But it does happen. So I guess we'll see.

Rajon Rondo was a big part of a championship team.

Yeah, like I said, I don't think it will happen. But it's not crazy to think it could.

Remember too that Garland's college career was all of 5 games. So teams would be gambling that he's another Kyrie. Given where he's projected, they may very well be willing to take that gamble.

Or, considering that this draft class is considered to be pretty average after the top 3, his status may be more the result of that than him being another Kyrie.

Whatever happens, it's going to be an interesting off-season. The Lakers getting that #4 pick definitely increases the chances that they can make some kind of trade that helps them significantly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rajon Rondo was a big part of a championship team.

Yeah, like I said, I don't think it will happen. But it's not crazy to think it could.

Remember too that Garland's college career was all of 5 games. So teams would be gambling that he's another Kyrie. Given where he's projected, they may very well be willing to take that gamble.

Or, considering that this draft class is considered to be pretty average after the top 3, his status may be more the result of that than him being another Kyrie.

Whatever happens, it's going to be an interesting off-season. The Lakers getting that #4 pick definitely increases the chances that they can make some kind of trade that helps them significantly.

Based on how team's generally act, I think most teams would roll the dice on Garland rather than take the safer choice in Ball.

But there are a lot of variables in play here.

We don't know whether Griffin is serious in keeping AD. I doubt it but he might be
We don't know whether Griffin will try to build a win now team or build a team that could be a championship contender in 4-5 years.
Is there any offer that the Pels ownership will accept from the Lakers?
We don't whether AD will try to force his way to one specific team.
We don't know how much any particular team is willing to offer to get AD. If Kyrie leaves do the Celtics look to reload in other ways? If KD surreptitiously tells the Knicks that he only goes to MSG if they get AD, the Knicks offer the entire kitchen and not just the sink to the Pelicans?

We honestly don't know the answers to any of that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on how team's generally act, I think most teams would roll the dice on Garland rather than take the safer choice in Ball.

But there are a lot of variables in play here.

We don't know whether Griffin is serious in keeping AD. I doubt it but he might be
We don't know whether Griffin will try to build a win now team or build a team that could be a championship contender in 4-5 years.
Is there any offer that the Pels ownership will accept from the Lakers?
We don't whether AD will try to force his way to one specific team.
We don't know how much any particular team is willing to offer to get AD. If Kyrie leaves do the Celtics look to reload in other ways? If KD surreptitiously tells the Knicks that he only goes to MSG if they get AD, the Knicks offer the entire kitchen and not just the sink to the Pelicans?

We honestly don't know the answers to any of that.

We sure don't. But it's fun to speculate and is going to be fun to see how those questions are answered.

Personally, if I'm the Lakers, I'm not sure I don't just move on from AD altogether.

Pretty sure the Wizards would be interested in the #4 for pick and a kid or 2 for Beal. Then they could focus on another top FA.

Assuming Lebron and Beal doesn't entice someone like Kawhi...maybe go after someone like Vucevic or even Boogie if they think this latest injury is more fluke than a potential bigger issue. They may be able to get him on a lower salary and add better role players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sure don't. But it's fun to speculate and is going to be fun to see how those questions are answered.

Personally, if I'm the Lakers, I'm not sure I don't just move on from AD altogether.

Pretty sure the Wizards would be interested in the #4 for pick and a kid or 2 for Beal. Then they could focus on another top FA.

Assuming Lebron and Beal doesn't get entice someone like Kawhi...maybe go after someone like Vucevic or even Boogie if they think this latest injury is more fluke than a potential bigger issue. They may be able to get him on a lower salary and add better role players.

That's probably a better move. I don't think the Pels are a honest partner for the Lakers at this point. From what I've read they feel really bitter about the shenanigans during the season and I think it is entirely possible that they could go for maximum screwage and string the Lakers along only to make a deal with some other team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably a better move. I don't think the Pels are a honest partner for the Lakers at this point. From what I've read they feel really bitter about the shenanigans during the season and I think it is entirely possible that they could go for maximum screwage and string the Lakers along only to make a deal with some other team.

That's my thought too. In the off-season, even delaying a move 1 day, can cost a team.

The fact that Griffin is there would give me some hope that the Pels would act in an honest manner.

But, end of the day, if ownership tells him we're not dealing with the Lakers, then they aren't dealing with the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my thought too. In the off-season, even delaying a move 1 day, can cost a team.

The fact that Griffin is there would give me some hope that the Pels would act in an honest manner.

But, end of the day, if ownership tells him we're not dealing with the Lakers, then they aren't dealing with the Lakers.

Yeah. Griffin certainly has no reason to deny a deal with the Lakers. That was all before he got there. But if Mickey or Gale are saying "No way, no how" then it is DOA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Griffin certainly has no reason to deny a deal with the Lakers. That was all before he got there. But if Mickey or Gale are saying "No way, no how" then it is DOA.

Yep.

From what I've read/heard he actually has a good working relationship with Klutch too.

He might be able to talk some sense into the Pels ownership if he truly feels the Lakers came in with the best offer.

But the problem is, if he can't convince them, then it could cost the Lakers precious time waiting to find out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA getting AD may come down to waiting. If he gets traded somewhere that he doesn't want to stay, they can potentially get him next summer via S&T. Because of that, the Lakers will probably wait until AD is traded (if not to LA, of course) before moving on to another trade opportunity.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA getting AD may come down to waiting. If he gets traded somewhere that he doesn't want to stay, they can potentially get him next summer via S&T. Because of that, the Lakers will probably wait until AD is traded (if not to LA, of course) before moving on to another trade opportunity.

If the Celtics don’t have a deal down by the end of draft night, it’s probably over for them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assuming Lebron and Beal doesn't get entice someone like Kawhi...maybe go after someone like Vucevic or even Boogie if they think this latest injury is more fluke than a potential bigger issue. They may be able to get him on a lower salary and add better role players.

Yep, make one more great offer to the Pelicans and if they decline move the fuck on. They obviously have something out for the Lakers. Beal is a perfect compliment to Lebron. They can add another AS player and try to build depth.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics don’t have a deal down by the end of draft night, it’s probably over for them.

The Celtics can't trade for AD while Kyrie is still on his current deal, which ends at the start of the new league year at midnight 6/30. The draft is on 6/20.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics can't trade for AD while Kyrie is still on his current deal, which ends at the start of the new league year at midnight 6/30. The draft is on 6/20.

It would be agreed in principal.

you'd have the newsmen saying that the picks were being taken on behalf of the Pels.

It would listed as a "proposed trade"

the deal would be done and just couldn't be official until 6/30.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, make one more great offer to the Pelicans and if they decline move the fuck on. They obviously have something out for the Lakers. Beal is a perfect compliment to Lebron. They can add another AS player and try to build depth.

Beal would be an option if the Lakers can't get one of the wings available in FA (Durant - unlikely, Klay - unlikely, Kawhi?, Butler?). If those aren't options (and AD is sent somewhere where he will agree to stay - like NY), then the Lakers can sign Vucevic (or Kyrie?) and trade for Beal. If the Lakers do sign Kawhi or Butler, then the trade target would likely change to a center if AD is out of the picture.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be agreed in principal.

you'd have the newsmen saying that the picks were being taken on behalf of the Pels.

It would listed as a "proposed trade"

the deal would be done and just couldn't be official until 6/30.

I can't imagine Kyrie staying in Boston. Keep believing if you want...