• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm just posting facts, I can't control what you think.

There is literally a source hyperlink next to each state numbers.

Doesn't need be some genius to know the numbers are not being updated throughout the day.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is literally a source hyperlink next to each state numbers.

Doesn't need be some genius to know the numbers are not being updated throughout the day.
No but it does take someone stupid to ignore what they say on the site about how they collect data each day.

Think about it. The site collects data in 24 hour increments. If one day some numbers don't get reported, then there will be extra high numbers the next day. So if you are right and some cases came in after their cutoff today, then tomorrow the number will reflect that and be extra high. But it all smooths out over time, because they collect data every 24 hours and then put whatever comes in after the cutoff on the next day.

You're just not seeing this correctly.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but it does take someone stupid to ignore what they say on the site about how they collect data each day.

Think about it. The site collects data in 24 hour increments. If one day some numbers don't get reported, then there will be extra high numbers the next day. So if you are right and some cases came in after their cutoff today, then tomorrow the number will reflect that and be extra high. But it all smooths out over time, because they collect data every 24 hours and then put whatever comes in after the cutoff on the next day.

You're just not seeing this correctly.
This.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now they're talking about 100,000 people dying from this.

The total is at 2,400 now.

All this tells me is that social distancing and all the other BS doesn't really work if you see nearly another 98,000 Americans dying while most states are under shutdown

The number came from what Fauci said in an interview earlier today. It's based on models of current response. He also said not to get too bogged down in the prediction number because its a moving target that will change if response gets better. As you know, there's still places in the country still not taking this seriously enough with no statewide shelter in place orders, etc. Places that do have them have groups of people openly defying them. And on the medical side of things, despite whatever nonsense comes out of the White House, there's still shortages of medical supplies and delays in testing. Get more people to actually take the quarantining seriously and get the medical systems in each state the stuff they are requiring and that number from the model can come down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now they're talking about 100,000 people dying from this.

The total is at 2,400 now.

All this tells me is that social distancing and all the other BS doesn't really work if you see nearly another 98,000 Americans dying while most states are under shutdown

People are going to die from this virus.

Considering that other estimates with low fewer precautions have had upwards of 2 million deaths, I would say this projection means social distancing would be working pretty well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here restaurants are also pick-up or delivery only. Pharmacies are open. Can go to the grocery store. The doctor. And you can go out to grab items for family memebers or neighbors that can't get out. The TP situation. WTF is that? How much TP do people need? But those are the yo-yo's that don't understand that there's not a national TP shortage. Idiots.

And to make sure shit didn't blow the fuck up here & people lost thier minds beer/liquor places are open. Don't even care about that. But was happy when the state announced all medical marijuana dispensaries are open. But no medical ones.

The scary thing is the crazy demand at the gun shops. People really are protective of their TP, lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scary thing is the crazy demand at the gun shops. People really are protective of their TP, lol.

The guns aren't just for protecting TP. They're also for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap! There's been a Stephon Marbury sighting. He wants to help N.Y. out & buy 10 million N95 masks. He's using his connections in China to arrange a deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add onto culture of the US - I heard from a colleague that I work with who lives in NY. She told me yesterday that they had to take down the basketball hoops to prevent people from playing basketball. New York is the hot bed for COVID-19 in the US and is not some secret. COVID-19 is not political, this would happen even if we had a Democrat/Independent party in as President right now.

If the Governor of NY or California was acting President during this pandemic, people would feel much safer; they are much more reassuring, at least during this crisis. Trump is lying daily just to cover his own ass over things he previously said. He still acts like we can't go back and look at film of him saying these things earlier. At least he backed off his Easter end date and has pushed that decision until the end of April.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the first to defend Trump on this one?

Trump tells foxnews he doesn't think areas need 40,000 to 30,000 ventilators. New York currently has 39,000 covid-19 cases, and 450 have died

In general, only 20% of positive cases need hospitalization, with half of those needed ventilators. That said, Cuomo is aiming for the apex, not today's demand. Preparedness.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all true and he is a complete dunderhead (as many thought before this)....but this is not all on him. Not even close.

do the Fear and Blame stations help?

I'm in the hardest hit state and I feel better about this after watching Gov. Cuomo's press conferences. He's to the point and factual with a calm demeanor. It's actually funny to watch his brother interview him, as they poke each other (as brothers do). Trump is so worried about his re-election and covering his own ass that he berates reporters and acts like a total child. Many hated Cuomo before this pandemic, but he has been ideal during it IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything about him is weird. He's not a normal president. Since he's been criticized, mostly accurately, non stop from the jump, it's just more noise. Same reason he can do and say hundreds of things that would be the end of a normal politician.

He's convinced his followers that the media is fake. They take all attacks on him as lies. They want the braggart that doesn't give a shit, even if he never follows through on his campaign promises.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt as much as someone like her (and those like her) rips him I would bet Rachel Maddow wants him to win....makes the show so much easier.

No way. Most dems wanted him gone before the inauguration if possible. It's already been 3 years too long.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the hardest hit state and I feel better about this after watching Gov. Cuomo's press conferences. He's to the point and factual with a calm demeanor. It's actually funny to watch his brother interview him, as they poke each other (as brothers do). Trump is so worried about his re-election and covering his own ass that he berates reporters and acts like a total child. Many hated Cuomo before this pandemic, but he has been ideal during it IMO.

The juxtaposition of this doesn't make sense. My state has not handled this well at all, but at least from a public perception, my governor sounds better at talking than Trump. Great. Fantastic.