• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it turns out Kyrie was right....And is the earth really flat now?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY too much credit there, they want to go home. Get out in the community, wotk with black law enforcement if you are too racist to work with all of them, try to do something truly positive and meaningful and you will have my support. Bitch and whine like you are and you get what you get. This is ALL of our problem and just bitching about it does nothing. I hear the term virtue signaling, this is yhat in its highest form.

Nope, you are being too cynical. Signalling is slogans on jerseys. Giving up the playoffs, a lot of money, and possibly losing a bunch of fans isn't just "signalling"

That said, if they bail on the playoffs they do have to follow through with constructive activism or they aren't doing it right.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I'm not convinced they've factored that in yet. At least not all of them.

They're supposed to start their meeting right about now. I'm willing to bet that losing fans and making less money will be one of the points the players who want to keep playing will be making.

They won't factor it in until that check stops showing up, then we will really see if they truly stand for what they are saying lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it turns out Kyrie was right....And is the earth really flat now?

Kyrie was nowhere near a ring. Like I said before, only the Lakers, Clippers, and Bucks really want to keep playing LOL

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone has to go the mat to make a change. Just be willing to listen and promote open dialogue.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has this tactic ever been used before?

They've already lost some fans and professional sports loses fans every time there's a stoppage of some sort.

There are people who are already growing tired of this tactic and are talking about no longer watching. You honestly think people are suddenly going to reverse course?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I'm not convinced they've factored that in yet. At least not all of them.

They're supposed to start their meeting right about now. I'm willing to bet that losing fans and making less money will be one of the points the players who want to keep playing will be making.

No doubt, that's why they are meeting. To decide if they really want to make the sacrifice. Good for them to air it out.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure the Heat want to keep playing and others as well.

Well, they all want to play I just meant, the non-title contenders have a lot less reason to

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already lost some fans and professional sports loses fans every time there's a stoppage of some sort.

There are people who are already growing tired of this tactic and are talking about no longer watching. You honestly think people are suddenly going to reverse course?

Again, this is the risk they may be willing to take.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was nowhere near a ring. Like I said before, only the Lakers, Clippers, and Bucks really want to keep playing LOL

If Lebron had stayed in Cle we would still be having CLE/GS without Durant....Great 7 games series....No Covid...None of these shootings....It really is the butterfly effect lol

Thanks a lot Lebron

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we know how far you are willing to go on this.

Speak up all you want but don't you dare stop dancing for me.

I don't even know what that last sentence means man.

Ain't nobody dancing shit. And again anyone assuming anything about me hasn't walked a second in my life either.

I don't agree with using the sport in this way. Period.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you are being too cynical. Signalling is slogans on jerseys. Giving up the playoffs, a lot of money, and possibly losing a bunch of fans isn't just "signalling"

That said, if they bail on the playoffs they do have to follow through with constructive activism or they aren't doing it right.

so on the money, some quick research shows that even the champions only get about $250k or so each so they aren’t giving up money really. The playoffs are where the owners make a bunch of their money though. I would love to see anything constructive from the players, but if it doesn’t involve working with law enforcement it’s just not constructive. All law biding citizens have to recognize that law enforcement has to be valued.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think that's a great message to get out there. Perhaps it's overreaction by our wonderful social media world and not at all the intention of the players to stop playing. If so I apologize for my overreaction in kind

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My next question is whats the actual plan?

The make the statement. But for how long?

They going to wait for 3 consecutive years of no cops shooting people of color?? One of the biggest driving forces for change is having an actual plan.
And beyond that, what about the fact that black-on-black crime is killing black people at a far greater rate than police-on-black crime? Not that NBA players ignore that as a whole but it deserves the same amount of attention as this.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so on the money, some quick research shows that even the champions only get about $250k or so each so they aren’t giving up money really. The playoffs are where the owners make a bunch of their money though. I would love to see anything constructive from the players, but if it doesn’t involve working with law enforcement it’s just not constructive. All law biding citizens have to recognize that law enforcement has to be valued.
Let's see if there's follow through. If all they do is bail and make tweets then yeah that's bullshit. If they follow through with real activism, then you have to tip your cap.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what that last sentence means man.

Ain't nobody dancing shit. And again anyone assuming anything about me hasn't walked a second in my life either.

I don't agree with using the sport in this way. Period.
That last sentence is what you are saying to the players: "go ahead and say whatever but don't you dare stop dribbling that ball for me"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And beyond that, what about the fact that black-on-black crime is killing black people at a far greater rate than police-on-black crime? Not that NBA players ignore that as a whole but it deserves the same amount of attention as this.

That’s what is mind-boggling to me. So protests and change is going to be that 0.1% of deaths? It doesn’t seem like this is uniting everyone but actually the opposite. There is now statistically more deaths in actual protests than cops-on-black crime.