• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are. They just better not cancel the season. Boycotting a day or 2 won't hurt much especially since some MLB teams are doing it as well but they just can't let this end the season. Won't be good in the long rub if it happens
They seem willing to risk that for their beliefs.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this should stop right now. All these guys need to get in the inner cities and work WITH law enforcement for the greater good. Anyone can just take their toys and go home and bitch. Any solution that does not involve greater cooperation with law enforcement in one way or another is only going to get more of these people killed. Is that really that hard to see?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this should stop right now. All these guys need to get in the inner cities and work WITH law enforcement for the greater good. Anyone can just take their toys and go home and bitch. Any solution that does not involve greater cooperation with law enforcement in one way or another is only going to get more of these people killed. Is that really that hard to see?

That isn't happening. They want to go home to their mansion and complain over twitter. Ironically, they can do that from the bubble well playing basketball...The snowflake era is upon us

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More action on that end is definitely required by many

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not most but far too many do

Yeah, aside from just making more money...most players today have learned from the guys before them who ended up broke and take steps to protect their money.

A lot of these guys too are following in the footsteps of guys like Magic, Kobe, etc. who built businesses outside of basketball that are more lucrative than their basketball careers could ever be.

Guys today seem to be a little more willing to mentor the young guys and help them learn to protect their money as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the players will decide to do. But, imo, whether intentionally or not, they are showing people what needs to be happening re: these bigger issues.

We have a tweet saying that emotions are raw (which is understandable) and that the season is in jeopardy.

Then we have a 2nd tweet saying there is a sizable number of players who want to finish the season.

My guess would be that there is a 3rd faction of players (especially younger ones) who aren't sure what the hell to do.

We know that they are getting together to try to figure out what the best way forward is.

Seems to me, that is what should be happening in the rest of society, but so far, isn't.

Because our leaders would rather fight than actually get together and lead.

The solutions aren’t easy ones. But things will only continue to get worse until people make some attempt at bridging gaps.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with that. But I'm not as sympathetic with this process. As @bksballer89 said if they felt this would cancel the season they never should have played.

I get being emotional but yes eventually it strikes a nerve. Change doesn't happen overnight. There has been a lot of change in thought processes. We can't have sports held hostage every time something happens.

I hear what you are saying, but cmon man.

Sports can’t be held hostage?

Yes they can.

Sports really aren’t that important in the grand scheme.

And I say that as someone who has devoted a far too large portion of my life to sports.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't they have to stop playing to go do that?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because our leaders would rather fight than actually get together and lead.

The solutions aren’t easy ones. But things will only continue to get worse until people make some attempt at bridging gaps.

I agree, and that doesn’t happen until a hell of a lot more people are able to look at what is going on and come to reasonable conclusions based on the facts. All cops are not good people, and not all of the people getting hurt are completely innocent either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the expectation is there will be zero cop involved shootings for the rest of the country's history that is probably not a realistic expectation. There are shitty cops just like there are shitty people who are lawyers, shitty human beings who are basketball players. The issue is if said shitty humans aren't held accountable.

I don’t believe that is the expectation. Or at least it shouldn’t be.

But the way cops are trained and the way the rules are written, that shooting was justified.

And that has to change, IMO.