• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what now? Are players still allowed to opt out? I remember that heading into the bubble, the players were told they could opt out without any consequence besides not getting paid. Even if 70% of the players want to stay and proceed with the playoffs, there might not be enough players on each team to make it work.

The only thing we can say for sure is no one has any idea what happens next. This is all new.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they aren't taking real actions? Turn on sports talk radio where you are, turn on ESPN.

Marc Spears (NBA journalist, in the bubble) was on the radio and they asked him "would the Bucks ownership be so supportive if game 5 was in Milwaukee and the players said they wouldn't play and they lost all that fan revenue?" and he answered yes they would, he had participated in some seminars that Bucks ownership did involving players, local police, etc. to talk these things out.

There's a real movement happening. We don't know what will happen because this is new territory, players are now rich and powerful enough to try this. Why not be open to the idea that people want things to get better? There are lunatics on the right who think there's no problem at all, and lunatics on the left who think all cops are bad. The vast majority of people recognize an issue that needs addressing. Let's applaud this.

Make no mistake about it, anyone that thinks there is a play here that does not involve working hard with law enforcement is a lunatic. Come out and say that and I’m down with it. Anything less than this is doomed to fail.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake about it, anyone that thinks there is a play here that does not involve working hard with law enforcement is a lunatic. Come out and say that and I’m down with it. Anything less than this is doomed to fail.

Almost anyone sane has said that law enforcement has to be part of this. They're the problem!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we can say for sure is no one has any idea what happens next. This is all new.

I do think the season will continue. I think I read a tweet from Zach Lowe or one of the NBA journalists that the feeling is that most players want to finish the playoffs. They definitely did make quite a statement today by not playing and they definitely accomplished at least one goal (getting everyone's attention), but I think that is as far as they have thought this out. But you're right, who knows what happens next?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching NBA TV now. Even with a mask on I want to make sexy time with Rebecca Harlow.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the season will continue. I think I read a tweet from Zach Lowe or one of the NBA journalists that the feeling is that most players want to finish the playoffs. They definitely did make quite a statement today by not playing and they definitely accomplished at least one goal (getting everyone's attention), but I think that is as far as they have thought this out. But you're right, who knows what happens next?

On NBA TV they are saying now that the players have a lot more attention, they should stay in the bubble, play, but then use the platform to keep talking about this. That would be better than going home and pissing people off and talking about it then.

But they have to follow through.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from NBA TV: apparently this morning Pascal Siakam and Jason Tatum led a players only meeting where they discussed boycotting/postponing their second round series too. This is a big deal.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what now? Are players still allowed to opt out? I remember that heading into the bubble, the players were told they could opt out without any consequence besides not getting paid. Even if 70% of the players want to stay and proceed with the playoffs, there might not be enough players on each team to make it work.

I don’t think any players would risk playing if most of the league opts out. That wouldn’t be a good look

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And beyond that, what about the fact that black-on-black crime is killing black people at a far greater rate than police-on-black crime? Not that NBA players ignore that as a whole but it deserves the same amount of attention as this.

Yup.

Right now there are riots/Protests in Minneapolis because a black guy killed some today and then the coward killed himself and all the morons assumed the cops shot him and went nuts. They have video evidence now and still rioting.

Its all a disaster.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Right now there are riots/Protests in Minneapolis because a black guy killed some today and then the coward killed himself and all the morons assumed the cops shot him and went nuts. They have video evidence now and still rioting.

Its all a disaster.

Listening to Doc Rivers' rant again from last night (they just showed it on NBA TV)

His point is forget the specifics right now, the main issue is black people still have the shit end of the stick in this country. So many white people are afraid of black people, when they are the ones getting killed and yes killing each other. It's FAR more scary to be black than white in this country. First step is to empathize, try to picture your life if you were black, and stop being AFRAID of them. It's just good, patriotic Americans saying there's still some work to do before we are equal citizens. Start there, and then we can work on the details together.

The ongoing unrest isn't specific, it's fueled by lots of unemployed young people that are fed up and want to yell.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Doc Rivers' rant again from last night (they just showed it on NBA TV)

His point is forget the specifics right now, the main issue is black people still have the shit end of the stick in this country. So many white people are afraid of black people, when they are the ones getting killed and yes killing each other. It's FAR more scary to be black than white in this country. First step is to empathize, try to picture your life if you were black, and stop being AFRAID of them. It's just good, patriotic Americans saying there's still some work to do before we are equal citizens. Start there, and then we can work on the details together.

The ongoing unrest isn't specific, it's fueled by lots of unemployed young people that are fed up and want to yell.

Yes but the issue is nothing is going to change if black people are also going to run around killing people and then sparking riots by killing themselves.

As for the bold. Correct. It's time to stop babying people and tell them to get jobs or go broke.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but the issue is nothing is going to change if black people are also going to run around killing people and then sparking riots by killing themselves.

As for the bold. Correct. It's time to stop babying people and tell them to get jobs or go broke.

Nothing will change if too many people out there look at their fellow citizens like this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as long as all they do is yell all will be fine. If they do more than that and it doesn’t work out for them it will be a real shame. A lot of acknowledgment has to take place from everyone. This is not a one sided issue, far from it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as all they do is yell all will be fine. If they do more than that and it doesn’t work out for them it will be a real shame. A lot of acknowledgment has to take place from everyone. This is not a one sided issue, far from it.

Not sure why you keep telling me this, I know. So let's figure out what will make people feel like equals and not wanting to yell so much, all of us, as an American team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you keep telling me this, I know. So let's figure out what will make people feel like equals and not wanting to yell so much, all of us, as an American team.

i hear you, I just don’t see a way out of this if some black and white community people don’t come together and that includes police.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main stream media has polluted the minds of many. We've vilified police before all information has become public. I miss the days where sports was just sports. Sports is a business, and like any business should stick to what it does. When you go into a restaurant, before you order food, you don't ask what their current views are. You go because you like the food.

Continuously talking about it hasn't brought any positive change, it's brought on more negativity and racial divide. Mainstream media continues to run with this narrative because it generates clicks and revenue; it's irresponsible journalism. I think everyone's pretty apparent about what's going on at this point. The NBA players seem to forget that they're a product that people can live without.

In terms of the issue in Wisconsin, it's now been reported that that Jacob Blake resisted arrest, was tased by cops and had an arrest warrant for sexually assaulting a 13-year old girl. Also, the AG in Wiscy just announced that their was a knife at the floord board of his SUV. Should he have been shot 7 times? No. But, notice that the media doesn't condone any of the aforementioned behavior? It goes straight to cops shoot black person. The end.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear you, I just don’t see a way out of this if some black and white community people don’t come together and that includes police.

My only issue is police unions. They often times prevent any type of punishment that should be delivered to police officers when it's actually needed. I think the standards for police officers should be raised as well; which would also come with higher salaries. There are cops out that frankly shouldn't even be mall security guards, let alone enforcing the actual law. But those are not the majority of the police force like the media and various sports leagues would like you to believe.