• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last sentence is what you are saying to the players: "go ahead and say whatever but don't you dare stop dribbling that ball for me"

Correct. Do your job you get paid to do. We want to put it in some form of servitude which is absolutely ridiculous.

Please don't let that narrative get out because that would really turn fans off.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Do your job you get paid to do. We want to put it in some form of servitude which is absolutely ridiculous.

Please don't let that narrative get out because that would really turn fans off.
Priorities amirite?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what is mind-boggling to me. So protests and change is going to be that 0.1% of deaths? It doesn’t seem like this is uniting everyone but actually the opposite. There is now statistically more deaths in actual protests than cops-on-black crime.

unfortunately all the attention without real reaching out and helping make actual change is only going to make things worse. Let’s be honest, sonetimes people that wind up in these situations don’t always have all their wits about them. If all they hear is people like Lebron saying we are sick of it all that does is empower them to resist even more after they put themselves in a bad situation. Just facts.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priorities amirite?

I often find myself spinning in circles anymore because each side does their best to be the most offended or dramatic when someone dares to disagree.

As we speak I'm in another thread just asking the simple question "why does a 17 year old bring an AR 15 to a protest?"

I do my best to find a logical balance in this increasingly illogical world.

So yes... Their first priority is to do their job. Yes. Feed their family. And it's awesome if they can use the league as a platform for social awareness. It is not awesome to use the actual game/no game as a means. For me that's the difference.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know why you facepalmed that bsballer, I spoke the truth.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often find myself spinning in circles anymore because each side does their best to be the most offended or dramatic when someone dares to disagree.

As we speak I'm in another thread just asking the simple question "why does a 17 year old bring an AR 15 to a protest?"

I do my best to find a logical balance in this increasingly illogical world.

So yes... Their first priority is to do their job. Yes. Feed their family. And it's awesome if they can use the league as a platform for social awareness. It is not awesome to use the actual game/no game as a means. For me that's the difference.
"I support any cause that doesn't inconvenience my sports viewing"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone answer my question?

Are players going to boycott anytime a police shoots a black?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone answer my question?

Are players going to boycott anytime a police shoots a black?

that’s the thing, I honestly think the bubble is wearing on them, as it would all of us I’m sure. Most of us would certainly love to have that opportunity but that’s not how it works.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that’s the thing, I honestly think the bubble is wearing on them, as it would all of us I’m sure. Most of us would certainly love to have that opportunity but that’s not how it works.

I get the bubble is wearing on them but family and friends were scheduled to arrive and attend games by this Monday for the teams still playing. You have to think that was going to help a ton

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I support any cause that doesn't inconvenience my sports viewing"

They only have the profile and money they have because of the fans that watch them. No doubt they've worked hard to perfect their craft and I'm not one that begrudges their income.

Society doesn't spin if we don't go to work. That's their job. Do your job. it's a simple concept.

I'm just speaking on behalf of those that have supported them but wouldn't through a stoppage. If they so choose to take your attitude about it that's their perogative. But they will surely suffer huge losses as a result. Their call.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that should cancel the season this late into the game should have been a huge covid outbreak....not a police doing something stupid.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have been one to think that pro athletes owe it to everyone to try to solve others problems. They have families and priorities like the rest of us. Their actions on this absolutely change that though in my opinion. They now own this and that means they have to take real actions to try and help this situation. They can’t just be trying to say what they think people want to hear, in fact part of this has to be that they say things that people don’t want to hear. That is what they will do if they are serious.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that should cancel the season this late into the game should have been a huge covid outbreak....not a police doing something stupid.

They have to cancel the season I assume

the change they are seeking isn’t gonna happen over the next few days

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already lost some fans and professional sports loses fans every time there's a stoppage of some sort.

There are people who are already growing tired of this tactic and are talking about no longer watching. You honestly think people are suddenly going to reverse course?

No.

My point is that they have never actually stopped games league wide over a social justice issue.

I am not talking about whether people watch or not. I am talking about whether this action might inspire change.

It is a new course of action. Maybe it will get people’s attention this time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what is mind-boggling to me. So protests and change is going to be that 0.1% of deaths? It doesn’t seem like this is uniting everyone but actually the opposite. There is now statistically more deaths in actual protests than cops-on-black crime.

I don’t think you all understand the issue.

It isn’t just these things happen a few times a year.

It is that when they do, there are minimal to no consequences for the police officers who pull the trigger.

The change needs to be law enforcement standards that actually determine incidents like this one to be a “good shoot”.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only have the profile and money they have because of the fans that watch them. No doubt they've worked hard to perfect their craft and I'm not one that begrudges their income.

Society doesn't spin if we don't go to work. That's their job. Do your job. it's a simple concept.

I'm just speaking on behalf of those that have supported them but wouldn't through a stoppage. If they so choose to take your attitude about it that's their perogative. But they will surely suffer huge losses as a result. Their call.

These jobs aren't normal jobs. Most people don't have millions of viewers watching them work. They have a platform, they are using it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what now? Are players still allowed to opt out? I remember that heading into the bubble, the players were told they could opt out without any consequence besides not getting paid. Even if 70% of the players want to stay and proceed with the playoffs, there might not be enough players on each team to make it work.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have been one to think that pro athletes owe it to everyone to try to solve others problems. They have families and priorities like the rest of us. Their actions on this absolutely change that though in my opinion. They now own this and that means they have to take real actions to try and help this situation. They can’t just be trying to say what they think people want to hear, in fact part of this has to be that they say things that people don’t want to hear. That is what they will do if they are serious.

What makes you think they aren't taking real actions? Turn on sports talk radio where you are, turn on ESPN.

Marc Spears (NBA journalist, in the bubble) was on the radio and they asked him "would the Bucks ownership be so supportive if game 5 was in Milwaukee and the players said they wouldn't play and they lost all that fan revenue?" and he answered yes they would, he had participated in some seminars that Bucks ownership did involving players, local police, etc. to talk these things out.

There's a real movement happening. We don't know what will happen because this is new territory, players are now rich and powerful enough to try this. Why not be open to the idea that people want things to get better? There are lunatics on the right who think there's no problem at all, and lunatics on the left who think all cops are bad. The vast majority of people recognize an issue that needs addressing. Let's applaud this.