• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear you, I just don’t see a way out of this if some black and white community people don’t come together and that includes police.

It's already happening, people are talking and including the police.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue is police unions. They often times prevent any type of punishment that should be delivered to police officers when it's actually needed. I think the standards for police officers should be raised as well; which would also come with higher salaries. There are cops out that frankly shouldn't even be mall security guards, let alone enforcing the actual law. But those are not the majority of the police force like the media and various sports leagues would like you to believe.

It will be expensive, but yes something like this needs to happen.

There also has to be real change in how black people are perceived. They are just feared more, and that ends up bad for them. And it's not the individual's fault, his skin makes him feared. Somehow we gotta stop seeing races as "the other"

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only issue is police unions. They often times prevent any type of punishment that should be delivered to police officers when it's actually needed. I think the standards for police officers should be raised as well; which would also come with higher salaries. There are cops out that frankly shouldn't even be mall security guards, let alone enforcing the actual law. But those are not the majority of the police force like the media and various sports leagues would like you to believe.

You wonder how they pass the psychological testing and shit and get outta the academy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be expensive, but yes something like this needs to happen.

There also has to be real change in how black people are perceived. They are just feared more, and that ends up bad for them. And it's not the individual's fault, his skin makes him feared. Somehow we gotta stop seeing races as "the other"

This is never going to change. If you're hoping that racism ends entirely, good luck.

I'm more tired of the PC culture that has managed to wiggle its way into what should be solely on some type of police reform and especially prison reform - the latter doesn't provide any type of rehabilitation and often times hardens criminals and allows them to build up a network that digs them deeper down the wrong path. We won't have bring up private owned prisons.

The NBA's approach through this matter has been shameful though. I to this day don't understand how NBA athletes think that just because I like watching a sport that they play, that I now have to also watch, listen and support their views - it's the worst kind of narcissism.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is never going to change. If you're hoping that racism ends entirely, good luck.

I'm more tired of the PC culture that has managed to wiggle its way into what should be solely on some type of police reform and especially prison reform - the latter doesn't provide any type of rehabilitation and often times hardens criminals and allows them to build up a network that digs them deeper down the wrong path. We won't have bring up private owned prisons.

The NBA's approach through this matter has been shameful though. I to this day don't understand how NBA athletes think that just because I like watching a sport that they play, that I now have to also watch, listen and support their views - it's the worst kind of narcissism.

Put yourself in their shoes. They are young people speaking out during a time of social unrest. I bet 2020 feels a lot like 1968 did...lots of social unrest (and athletes speaking out about it), divisive election, Asian flu (yep), Chiefs in the Super Bowl (technically 1967 but still)

Let's try to make shit better not get all aggressive against our countrymen. This shit is fascinating.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Chris Webber is now in tears on NBA TV doing his bit. I think it's sincere but it's still hard to watch.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put yourself in their shoes. They are young people speaking out during a time of social unrest. I bet 2020 feels a lot like 1968 did...lots of social unrest (and athletes speaking out about it), divisive election, Asian flu (yep), Chiefs in the Super Bowl (technically 1967 but still)

Let's try to make shit better not get all aggressive against out countrymen.

This is the problem I have with that view. We live in a victimized culture. The social unrest comes from some perceived notion where I see people talking about systemic racism and how black people can't succeed in this country. I have a couple of black people on my team that are highly educated and successful - they didn't make any excuses about the road blocks that they had. They persevered and accomplished goals they set for themselves.

And the black generation of today doesn't have it anywhere near as bad as they did in the 60's. Tell a black person in the 60's that we'd have a 2-term black president and they'd look at you sideways. Also, black people in the 60's had to deal with segregation and actual police brutality. This is basically the woke generation victimizing itself as that's the popular thing to do now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try to make shit better not get all aggressive against our countrymen. This shit is fascinating.

Tips to make it better - have good family values and take care of home first. This eliminates run-ins with the law.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and Clips should just forfeit and have the season move on.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking joke. If the season ends like this...I wont be watching anymore

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see what the owners do as I think they can now terminate the existing CBA if the season doesn't finish. A lot of money will be lost.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking joke. If the season ends like this...I wont be watching anymore

Only sport that can affect me is football....and the NFL's starting to lose me. College football has always been my preference. But work has been keeping me busy to even catch up on what's been going on. Haven't even watched one game since the bubble.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure I 'agree' with what you say. But I will say that considering the overwhelming demographic of the NBA fanbase, outside of you of course, I'm not sure their action makes sense.

Let's just say most NBA fans and owners aren't rightist, NRA-card totin, MAGA.

They're making a statement, but punishing the people who support them, most of whom are on board with BLM, I would say the vast majroity.

Now ... if the NFL protested. That's another story...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem I have with that view. We live in a victimized culture. The social unrest comes from some perceived notion where I see people talking about systemic racism and how black people can't succeed in this country. I have a couple of black people on my team that are highly educated and successful - they didn't make any excuses about the road blocks that they had. They persevered and accomplished goals they set for themselves.

And the black generation of today doesn't have it anywhere near as bad as they did in the 60's. Tell a black person in the 60's that we'd have a 2-term black president and they'd look at you sideways. Also, black people in the 60's had to deal with segregation and actual police brutality. This is basically the woke generation victimizing itself as that's the popular thing to do now.

It's better today, sure. So stop trying to finish the project? Are we there yet? If you think so, then there's no way you can empathize in good faith.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I 'agree' with what you say. But I will say that considering the overwhelming demographic of the NBA fanbase, outside of you of course, I'm not sure their action makes sense.

Let's just say most NBA fans and owners aren't rightist, NRA-card totin, MAGA.

Now ... if the NFL protested. That's another story...

I'm neither, I'm also not a leftist. I've said on here before that the 2-party system has been an abject failure.