• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood.

You don't even know how happy people are that this is happening.

I used to work in an office where a bunch of dudes used to talk Flyers versus Devils all day. We had a company outing coming up and I suggested we go to a Nets game. They laughed in my face and mentioned something about criminals, yada yada, having their car stolen, yada yada Ice-T, Ice-Cube, whatever.

You know how happy people like that are if the NBA boycotts? They're laughing a@@es off right now...

I just missed the days before social media. There's fucked up shit that happens in the world. People continuously complaining about it and getting outraged does nothing but piss more people off.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just missed the days before social media. There's fucked up shit that happens in the world. People continuously complaining about it and getting outraged does nothing but piss more people off.

a friend of mine said it the other day. with the internet a whole lotta folks feel like they're 10 foot giants where they wouldn't have said jack if they were in anyone's face...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to figure out what laws and rules exist out there that put minorities at a disadvantage, let alone black people. Help me out. Because I'm not seeing it.
It's a distinct disadvantage when you grow up poor......you may have bucked the odds but it's not the same for every poor person......there's a reason why for a lot of young black men.....it's sports or the gang lifestyle.....the odds aren't in their favor.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a distinct disadvantage when you grow up poor......you may have bucked the odds but it's not the same for every poor person......there's a reason why for a lot of young black men.....it's sports or the gang lifestyle.....the odds aren't in their favor.

Ummmm.....no. I've worked with plenty of black people in the IT field that have grown up in worst situations than myself and are highly educated and in a good career. People need to accept that not everyone's going to have the same advantages as some preppy white boy that drives a beamer in high school and both parents went to Harvard or some shit. If you grew up poor, do something about it - get educated and be motivated to get the fuck up out of your situation.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm.....no. I've worked with plenty of black people in the IT field that have grown up in worst situations than myself and are highly educated and in a good career. People need to accept that not everyone's going to have the same advantages as some preppy white boy that drives a beamer in high school and both parents went to Harvard or some shit. If you grew up poor, do something about it - get educated and be motivated to get the fuck up out of your situation.

A nice rosy scenario but it's not always that easy and if you truly spent time in the poor side of town......you'd realize that......you're trying to blow smoke up somebody's ass and I ain't buying it.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, here's my take on the situation...

like Heatles, i came from humble beginnings too in South Central L.A. just depends how badly you wanna get outta that situation...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,240.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like Heatles, i came from humble beginnings too in South Central L.A. just depends how badly you wanna get outta that situation...
It's not the Utopic situation he is claiming it to be.....easier said than done.....poor people don't have the advantages as some kid born with a silver spoon in his fucking mouth.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice rosy scenario but it's not always that easy and if you truly spent time in the poor side of town......you'd realize that......you're trying to blow smoke up somebody's ass and I ain't buying it.

Don't honestly care if you're buying it or not. If you want to make excuses for people and cry woe is me, go for it, it's a free country. And apparently feeling sorry for yourself seems to be the "in" thing so have at it. I've been on the poor side and I've seen people come out of the ghetto. You're acting like I'm describing seeing a unicorn.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ding ding ding

Wish we could all be born rich and live a lavish lifestyle. Unfortunately that's not reality.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Utopic situation he is claiming it to be.....easier said than done.....poor people don't have the advantages as some kid born with a silver spoon in his fucking mouth.

when did i say it was easy? trust me, it wasn't...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhhh....I've literally said this. And I said it would be hard work and described it as such. Let me know what part didn't make sense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah, my bad...

He doesn't know shit about my personal life and I don't know any about his. But he feels compelled enough that just because I have a vastly different view and perspective on the shit that's going on, that all of a sudden he wants to call bullshit on me - cool.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't know shit about my personal life and I don't know any about his. But he feels compelled enough that just because I have a vastly different view and perspective on the shit that's going on, that all of a sudden he wants to call bullshit on me - cool.

as someone Black and coming outta the situation i described earlier i can certainly tell you the "playing field" ain't even. but using as an excuse or as motivation? well, obviously that's a choice...

so i got all the respect in the world for anyone pulling themselves up like that...