• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to go all political board on here but @thunderc , what happened in Minnesota and also yesterday in Central Park here in NY is why I always been a fan of Kaep and his awareness of social justice. Didn't like the way he handled the last 2 years when it came to football

Will just leave the following tweet here and not discuss this any further because not trying to go all political board on here

As a Vet , I don't like it at all.

I wish he would have chosen something different.

Those piece of shit cops don't represent all of America anymore than the bloods, the crips or the KKK.

But, let's not act like the guy was out there committing hate crimes, killing babies, robbing old people, raping women.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In normal circumstances I'm sure they could withhold his pay. and, yes, certainly possible they could under these circumstances. Sure you want to piss off your best player, though, over a few meaningless games?

If that were the case, why play those games at all?

If there was absolutely no chance in hell a team was to make the playoffs, I don't think the NBA especially during the pandemic, would even bother with those games.

Dame would just be a terrible role model if he flat out refused to play because the games weren't up to his standard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there was absolutely no chance in hell a team was to make the playoffs, I don't think the NBA especially during the pandemic, would even bother with those games.

Dame would just be a terrible role model if he flat out refused to play because the games weren't up to his standard.

Once again what is the purpose of playing if the nba decides to play 5 regular season games with Portland 4 games back in the loss column?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In normal circumstances I'm sure they could withhold his pay. and, yes, certainly possible they could under these circumstances. Sure you want to piss off your best player, though, over a few meaningless games?
Outstanding point.

I think Dame is in a unique situation.

He is easily a top 10 player on a team going nowhere.

He has pledged his fealty to the Blazers and has repeatedly stated he will not ask for a trade.

So, this would be a bad move.

He's this eras version on Kevin Garnett.

Loyal to the team that drafted him, one of the best in the league, won't ever win in his current situation and still doesn't want to leave.

Docking his pay could change all that, especially when there is a precedent to sit your star players at the end of a season, when you have nothing to gain.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because the NBA is considering it.

That's Dame's point.

Why come back for meaningless games?

Just start the playoffs and let my Summer begin.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Indeed, why should non playoff teams play any games at all?

That's Dame's point. The NBA shouldn't be scheduling meaningless games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the NBA is considering it.

That's Dame's point.

Why come back for meaningless games?

Just start the playoffs and let my Summer begin.

A lot of scenarios are being discussed. I honestly don't think the NBA are going to risk players health over 5 meaningless games. They'll probably go straight to the playoffs in that case.

Or maybe even let Memphis and Portland duke it out in a best-of-5 series to see who gets the last playoff spot.

The point i'm trying to bring across is that Dame is being a terrible role model for kids looking up to him because there's only a tiny chance of them making the playoffs. Note, and I could be wrong here, he never mentioned the injury risk. He said those games are meaningless so he won't bother.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they mathematically eliminated?
There are a few proposals in the table.

Continue where they left off.

Have a play in tourney.

Just start the playoffs.

Blazers are only eliminated .f they jump straight to the postseason.

If we picked up were we left off, they have enough games to catch Memphis.

In a play in tourney, they have to be one of the favorites, considering everyone but Hood will be available.

I'm assuming you'd rather face Memphis in round one, yes?

Nurkic, Collins, Whiteside, Ariza, Melo are a decent collection of front court players and their guards would torch you.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of scenarios are being discussed. I honestly don't think the NBA are going to risk players health over 5 meaningless games. They'll probably go straight to the playoffs in that case.

Or maybe even let Memphis and Portland duke it out in a best-of-5 series to see who gets the last playoff spot.

The point i'm trying to bring across is that Dame is being a terrible role model for kids looking up to him because there's only a tiny chance of them making the playoffs. Note, and I could be wrong here, he never mentioned the injury risk. He said those games are meaningless so he won't bother.
I guess it depends on how you look at it.

I am thinking on the lines of @shopson67 .

Dame is playing the pr game.

He wants a play in tourney or to just restart the Season because he knows they have a great chance to get in.

Healthy, they are better than NOLA and Memphis and I'd take them in a series/play in game against either.

Not playing is his only leverage in negotiations.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe he is making this statement because he realizes it's foolish to play those games and hopes the NBA gets that?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Indeed, why should non playoff teams play any games at all?

That's Dame's point. The NBA shouldn't be scheduling meaningless games.
Yup.

I think it's obvious he's trying to influence the decision.

But, even if it doesn't work, why would anyone want to risk injury playing for nothing?

Steph, Klay, Beal, KAT, Dame, Durant and others should stay home.

....and their teams should make that decision for them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to go back more than 2 pages.

SO, what's everyone's thoughts on reseeding?

Sorry if it's already been discussed.

I actually favor just starting the playoffs with maybe a couple of tuneup, preseason like games.

This could teach teams a lesson about taking the regular Season more serious...

* Side eyes the Clippers*

Yeah, probably not....lol

But, could you imagine if the Lakers or Bucks reward for playing hard all year was the B!azers?

Lmfao

I still got the top teams.

But, it wouldn't be easy at all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph, Klay, Beal, KAT, Dame, Durant and others should stay home.

....and their teams should make that decision for them.

That's kind of what I was trying to say. My mistake for not making that too clear.

It should be the teams who refuse to play if that proposal is on the table. Not the players.

And I agree. It's a dumb proposal to only play 5 regular season games before hitting the playoffs, so I very much doubt that is the case though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha......you kind of did tell me about your vast knowledge of how these things worked. while not having a clue how it works. Probably not a big deal Matt Joyce is clueless, but if you want to clue him in have at it.

fuck you dumbass, you can’t comprehend shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what he is doing and I don't blame him.

Objectively speaking, I don't think they should bring everyone back.

For what?

But, I get why he would want it.

Portland, Philly and others greatly benefited from this break

You want to face Portland in the 1st round with a healthy Dame, Collins, Nutkic?

Hard pass.

It looks like the NHL is looking at expanding their playoffs to 24 teams. 12 teams from each conference seeded based on records and points.

The first round would be the 5-12 seeds playing a 5 game series.

If the NBA did that, the first round would look like this:

West:

5. Thunder vs. 12. Spurs
6. Rockets vs. 11. Kings
7. Mavericks vs. 10. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies vs. 9. Blazers

East:

5. Pacers vs. 12. Knicks
6. Sixers vs. 11. Bulls
7. Nets vs. 10. Hornets
8. Magic vs. 9. Wizards

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That not the point. Dame signed a contract. He's an employee.

The g
Are they mathematically eliminated?

In that situation they basically are
It looks like the NHL is looking at expanding their playoffs to 24 teams. 12 teams from each conference seeded based on records and points.

The first round would be the 5-12 seeds playing a 5 game series.

If the NBA did that, the first round would look like this:

West:

5. Thunder vs. 12. Spurs
6. Rockets vs. 11. Kings
7. Mavericks vs. 10. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies vs. 9. Blazers

East:

5. Pacers vs. 12. Knicks
6. Sixers vs. 11. Bulls
7. Nets vs. 10. Hornets
8. Magic vs. 9. Wizards

NBA would never do that because 9-12 in the east was so bad. In hockey, they were really close i think