• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that situation they basically are

If thats the way you look at things you would agree that the Cavs should have basically given up in the Finals as no team had ever come back from a 3-1 Finals deficit.

If there's still a chance, you play for it.

Now if the Blazers lose the first two games or the Grizzlies win their first two, then you can sit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the NHL is looking at expanding their playoffs to 24 teams. 12 teams from each conference seeded based on records and points.

The first round would be the 5-12 seeds playing a 5 game series.

If the NBA did that, the first round would look like this:

West:

5. Thunder vs. 12. Spurs
6. Rockets vs. 11. Kings
7. Mavericks vs. 10. Pelicans
8. Grizzlies vs. 9. Blazers

East:

5. Pacers vs. 12. Knicks
6. Sixers vs. 11. Bulls
7. Nets vs. 10. Hornets
8. Magic vs. 9. Wizards
I would actually be down for this.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The g

In that situation they basically are

NBA would never do that because 9-12 in the east was so bad. In hockey, they were really close i think
I just saw on one of the ESPN shows that only the Dubs and Timberpups would be mathematically eliminated in one of the proposed scenarios...lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thats the way you look at things you would agree that the Cavs should have basically given up in the Finals as no team had ever come back from a 3-1 Finals deficit.

Now if the Blazers lose the first two games or the Grizzlies win their first two, then you can sit.

so the t-wolves should want to comeback?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors is the only team officially eliminated so the NBA should bring back the 19 win T-Wolves and Cavs even though they're 12.5 and 11 games out with basically 17 or 18 games left when the season got suspended?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually be down for this.

It would be fair, imo.

When they stopped the season, depending on the team, there were 17-19 games left. That's plenty of time for things to change, especially among the lower seeds.

Some of those teams that would be out, could be trouble if they got a chance.

If the Blazers were healthy, I could easily see them beating the Grizzlies then giving the Lakers fits.

The Pelicans were looking like they were starting figure some things out, so I could see them taking out the Mavs and then giving the Jazz a run for their money if not beat them.

The first round doesn't look as compelling in the East, but who knows how teams will react to this situation. Still might end up with an upset or at least some good series.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'm missing some portion of this debate.

It seems like you are debating something that has not even been presented as a option.

If the NBA has a 5 game mini season, Portland is pretty much out.

They are 3.5 games back.

Their only prayer is for the Griz to lose all 5 games.

Unless 4 of those 5 are against eachother, it's done.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fair, imo.

When they stopped the season, depending on the team, there were 17-19 games left. That's plenty of time for things to change, especially among the lower seeds.

If the Blazers were healthy, I could easily see them beating the Grizzlies then giving the Lakers fits.

The Pelicans were looking like they were starting figure some things out, so I could see them taking out the Mavs and then giving the Jazz a run for their money if not beat them.

The first round doesn't look as compelling in the East, but who knows how teams will react to this situation. Still might end up with an upset or at least some good series.

I think it should be 20 teams. The original 16 and the 9-12 out West. 1 game playoffs to get down to the final 16. Would create excitement but anything more than 20 is a bit much because you start getting to the teams that season was already unofficially over and really shouldn't have a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm actually at the point where I prefer this 20 team plan that everyone is suggesting over going straight to the playoff

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fair, imo.

Agree.

The last spot in the West is the problem.

The Blazers still had 2 games left against the Griz.

Winning those would have made things interesting.

If even one of those games gets scrapped, Blazers are done.

I love JA.

But, the best first round matchup, for basketball purposes, would be Lakers against Portland.

The best matchup for ratings, would be Lakers vs Zion, Zo, Ingram.

I'm sure the NBA is aware of this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be 20 teams. The original 16 and the 9-12 out West. 1 game playoffs to get down to the final 16. Would create excitement but anything more than 20 is a bit much because you start getting to the teams that season was already unofficially over and really shouldn't have a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm actually at the point where I prefer this 20 team plan that everyone is suggesting over going straight to the playoff

Your plan means less basketball.

Why do you hate America? :usa2::usa:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that the West is a lot better than the East,

but you can’t have a play-in for one conference and not the other.

I would be okay with a play in for 7-10, but honestly don’t love that either.

Just take the top 16

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you can’t have a play-in for one conference and not the other.

You can if they say playoffs will be 1-16 and get rid of conferences. At that point, the goal is to have the best 16 instead of the top 8 from each conference. 9-12 is very close to Orlando record wise.

9-11 was 1.5 behind Orlando and Spurs are 2 back. That is close enough to justify adding 4 teams from the West.

Washington on the other hand is 5.5 back, Charlotte 7 GB, and Chicago 8 GB. Way too far to make a case for them

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can if they say playoffs will be 1-16 and get rid of conferences. At that point, the goal is to have the best 16 instead of the top 8 from each conference. 9-12 is very close to Orlando record wise.

9-11 was 1.5 behind Orlando and Spurs are 2 back. That is close enough to justify adding 4 teams from the West.

Washington on the other hand is 5.5 back, Charlotte 7 GB, and Chicago 8 GB. Way too far to make a case for them

I thought she meant only to have a play in for the West. So Orlando is in, but Houston and Dallas have to play in.

Also, Dallas, Houston and OKC all won 40 games. No way you can convince me 1 of those teams should be subjected to a 1 game playoff.

Memphis, Brooklyn and Orlando?

I would be more okay with that.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is right.

But, nobody wants to hear this shit right now.

I have never been a fan of having a son pay for the Suns of a father.

So here's hoping cooler heads will prevail.

People in this tweet trying to put the cops address out there.

Wtf.... I'm disgusted by their actiions.

But, not enough to make their families pay.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought she meant only to have a play in for the West. So Orlando is in, but Houston and Dallas have to play in.

Also, Dallas, Houston and OKC all won 40 games. No way you can convince me 1 of those teams should be subjected to a 1 game playoff.

Memphis, Brooklyn and Orlando?

I would be more okay with that.

Not sure how exactly the league would do it but it should be 1-16 regardless of conference which means those teams you mentioned would be safely in. If they go the other route which would put Houston and Dallas in a 1 game playoffs then yeah let's just go with the 16 as they stand right now

Portland vs San Antonio. Winner face Orlando
New Orleans vs Sacramento. Winner face Brooklyn

All 1 game play in games. That's how I would do it.

I would totally be against Dallas, Houston, or OKC being in a 1 game playoffs which why this way makes more sense.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it seems obvious that basketball will return at some point, I have been looking ahead towards free agency.

Outside of Reggie Jackson, the Clippers are in a great position to retain their free agents.

Trading for Morris was wise. No matter what, we wouldn't be able to offer anyone more than the t-mle of 6 mill.

Even if revenues drop, Morris would have gotten more.

Now, we have his non Bird rights which means we can give him a 4 yr deal starting at 18 mil.

We can offer Trezl even more.

I don't know what Reggie can get this summer. The Teams that could use him, that have a shot at winning are in the same tax paying midlevel boat, unless they give teams the ability to amnesty one deal this summer.