Discussion in 'Philadelphia Flyers' started by Chris p Bacon, Apr 12, 2019.
9-16 approaching rapidly.
Hey boys! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I promise to be more active after the summer is over. Any word on the Provy being extended?
Rumors out there that they're shopping him around, and will sign Joe Thornton
Whats up mall! No word on Provy and TK. Camp is coming up rapidly so they better get a move on.
I hope you are kidding about this because that would be silly.
Why are we not on this list?
The Race for 3W: A Rookie?
I was.. .figured that would get you moving this morning
It's Yahoo Sports.... Canada ...... Obviously the writer just went with Vegas Odds... which is one way to look at it
Why dont we have higher odds than any of those three teams?
Because the Flyers didn't splash in the offseason. They're relying on young guys (Provorov, Ghost) to bounce back or to break out (Sanheim, Konecny, Patrick, Myers, Hart).
With Tampa, Boston, Washington, Toronto, Pens and those three teams where does that leave us as a playoff team? I didn't even add Carolina and the Isles.
All the betting lines have Flyers outside of playoffs.... Odds for stanley cup range from 28:1 to 33:1 I think last year at this time Flyers were 40:1
I say Tampa, Boston, and Toronto are locks again in the Atlantic.
I think the Caps are the only true lock in the Metro.
1. I think the Isles plummet back to reality this season, especially without Lehner.
2. The Jackets will be closer to terrible than the playoffs.
3. I'll give the Canes a bit of a leg up on the Flyers, though Mrazek/Reimer in net is not something I would bet heavily on. 4. The Pens are on the downslope for sure. We'll see how far 33 year old Malkin, 32 year old Crosby, and 32 year old Letang can take them. Because the rest of their skaters are not good. Murray is still good though.
5. The Rangers still aren't good enough. They'll be better, but they're not a playoff team.
6. The Devils could be in the mix, but I think the Flyers are deeper than they are. After Hall/Giroux, I think the Flyers have the 2-4 next best players if you line them up side by side.
So I think you've got Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Washington, and probably Carolina taking up 5 spots. The other 3, IMO, come down to the Pens/Flyers/Devils/Panthers/Canadiens. And I think that's pretty much open season. Personally, I think the Flyers easily finish ahead of at least 2 of those teams.
I honestly believe that they'll be in the mix although it may not be easy....
Seravalli: Kevin Hayes Told Another Player He'd Only Go to the Flyers if They Overpaid | Crossing Broad
this should go over well
By 600k or 700k per year. To Hayes that's almost $5M in his pocket, but to the Flyers cap situation it's a drop in the bucket. I'm not phased by that at all. Have to pay to get sometimes.
Plus Ryan Whitney, also a player, replied to that almost immediately and told a different story.
And we only have him for 7 more years.
Separate names with a comma.