• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner will not take less then 10 million a year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner will not take less then 10 million a year

If that's the case, then there's no way he's on a bridge deal. He'll have to give up some UFA years if he wants 10M/year, a la Matthews.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $13.6 mil for players on Injured Reserve comes off the books 10/1.

If I remember from when the Flyers did the LTIR stuff with Pronger, they still have to be under the cap on 10/1 at 12:00am, before they can LTIR players. There's an offseason allowance, something like + 10%, that they can use up. But even that only gets them to ~89M, or ~5M available. The Flyers did some waiver gymnastics a couple of times to make it happen, the Leafs don't have any guys that are waiver exempt (according to Cap Friendly).

I'm not an expert, or maybe things have changed since the Pronger days, but I think they still have 'things to do' before they can sign Marner. There certainly haven't been a lot of articles about it since early July, which makes me think I'm missing something, but I definitely remember LTIR could not be invoked in the offseason when Pronger was around. The Flyers had to send a prospect or two to the AHL 'on paper' to be cap compliant, prior to putting Pronger on LTIR. Once he was on LTIR, they brought them back up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember from when the Flyers did the LTIR stuff with Pronger, they still have to be under the cap on 10/1 at 12:00am, before they can LTIR players. There's an offseason allowance, something like + 10%, that they can use up. But even that only gets them to ~89M, or ~5M available. The Flyers did some waiver gymnastics a couple of times to make it happen, the Leafs don't have any guys that are waiver exempt (according to Cap Friendly).

I'm not an expert, or maybe things have changed since the Pronger days, but I think they still have 'things to do' before they can sign Marner. There certainly haven't been a lot of articles about it since early July, which makes me think I'm missing something, but I definitely remember LTIR could not be invoked in the offseason when Pronger was around. The Flyers had to send a prospect or two to the AHL 'on paper' to be cap compliant, prior to putting Pronger on LTIR. Once he was on LTIR, they brought them back up.

Scratch all that, was able to find answers to my questions: LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

They can use LTIR in the offseason, rendering my last post useless.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting thing in this is who is left off ....
TK - because he has 'arrived'?
Provorov - he no longer considered a youngster ?
Morin - no reason to even discuss him ?
Hagg - ditto
TK and Prov are veterans at this point i guess and Hagg/Morin dont have their own roles.Both at 22 TK and Prov being considered vets is a good problem to have.