• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Tampa, Boston, and Toronto are locks again in the Atlantic.

I think the Caps are the only true lock in the Metro.

1. I think the Isles plummet back to reality this season, especially without Lehner.
2. The Jackets will be closer to terrible than the playoffs.
3. I'll give the Canes a bit of a leg up on the Flyers, though Mrazek/Reimer in net is not something I would bet heavily on. 4. The Pens are on the downslope for sure. We'll see how far 33 year old Malkin, 32 year old Crosby, and 32 year old Letang can take them. Because the rest of their skaters are not good. Murray is still good though.
5. The Rangers still aren't good enough. They'll be better, but they're not a playoff team.
6. The Devils could be in the mix, but I think the Flyers are deeper than they are. After Hall/Giroux, I think the Flyers have the 2-4 next best players if you line them up side by side.

So I think you've got Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Washington, and probably Carolina taking up 5 spots. The other 3, IMO, come down to the Pens/Flyers/Devils/Panthers/Canadiens. And I think that's pretty much open season. Personally, I think the Flyers easily finish ahead of at least 2 of those teams.
Hopefully you're right ! I think it will be a solid bet to put $100 on us at 50-1

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you're right ! I think it will be a solid bet to put $100 on us at 50-1

I've never bet on sports, but I really do think the Flyers are a good bet this year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By 600k or 700k per year. To Hayes that's almost $5M in his pocket, but to the Flyers cap situation it's a drop in the bucket. I'm not phased by that at all. Have to pay to get sometimes.

Plus Ryan Whitney, also a player, replied to that almost immediately and told a different story.
If we were going to over pay to sign Hayes why did we have to give up a pick to do so?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were going to over pay to sign Hayes why did we have to give up a pick to do so?

To get him and to guarantee it. Would you rather have Patrick as your 2C again or give up a 5th rounder and overpay by 700k? I'm taking the latter every day of the week.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys! I'll make my preseason bold prediction that the Flyers will be a 3 seed in the playoffs. I love the youth and in particular Carter Hart going into a season under his belt. I think the new coaching staff will discover the strength of these players and take that talent to the next level. Hope I'm spot on:suds:.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap.jpg

Especially liked the comparables he put together here about how sometimes you have to overpay. Does anyone regret the Hartnell, Briere, or Timonen deals?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Another one that's pretty skeptical of the Flyers! There's either going to be a lot of 'I told you so' going around, or I'm in for a serious let down this year!
You and your blind optimism gets let down every year so at least you'd be used to it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap.jpg

Especially liked the comparables he put together here about how sometimes you have to overpay. Does anyone regret the Hartnell, Briere, or Timonen deals?
If any one of them had won a cup i would say no i didn't regret those signings but since the only team goal in hockey is to win a cup id say yes i regret them all.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any one of them had won a cup i would say no i didn't regret those signings but since the only team goal in hockey is to win a cup id say yes i regret them all.

By that logic you haven't liked a Flyers signing/trade since 1975. Might want to find another hobby!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and your blind optimism gets let down every year so at least you'd be used to it.

I wouldn't say it's blind optimism. Last year was the first year I was let down in a while. I expected them to take a step forward, hopefully win a playoff round. Instead most of the young players took a step back and the goaltending was a disaster until January.

The 3-4 years prior, while they were rebuilding, I was hoping they'd at least make it interesting through March; and they did.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic you haven't liked a Flyers signing/trade since 1975. Might want to find another hobby!
I dont like any signs or trades if there is no cup as a result. Ummm ill keep my hobby thanks for your concern though.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it's blind optimism. Last year was the first year I was let down in a while. I expected them to take a step forward, hopefully win a playoff round. Instead most of the young players took a step back and the goaltending was a disaster until January.

The 3-4 years prior, while they were rebuilding, I was hoping they'd at least make it interesting through March; and they did.
Every year you put up a post with 4 lines and 6 defense and some players that can come in case of injury and finish a long worded post that goes something like this : this team looks good it has a lot of depth as well as solid offense which probably can play with anyone in the league and could make a playoff run.