• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I don't agree w/ you (again) & that means I like to agrue? Stop the nonsense. Just like how you got bent when I said in a compariosn of only Klay & Love I'd rather have Klay you made your own reality up & claimed I'd take Klay over AD or Embiid. Although I gotta admit I gotta hearty laugh outta that fantasy theory of yours.

And I don't think it's an excuse to say Kyrie isn't a good fit w/ the Celtics. Like I already mentioned just look @ the Celtics record recently with & without him. 1-7 in the last 8 w/ him. 6-1 in the last 7 w/o him.

Remind me again how Walton's coaching record w/ the Warriors has been a benefit for the Lakers.

I've already said Stevens should get some blame for the Celtics this year. But that's not good enough for you.
You are the ultimate pot calling the kettle black poster here. Does someone win an end of year award for this or something?

You are doing the same thing I am (only I'm not crying about it). Disagreeing/arguing with me because I don't agree with you. In fact, if you are so against it, you could have not replied to my comment today but ya just couldn't help yourself. Know why? You love to argue. Thinking you'd be a psychologist's wet dream.

Let me guess, you'll tell me what an awful guy I am for saying these terrible things even though far worse has been said about me.

You bring up Klay/Love and no doubt will later cry that I brought up Klay/Love again. But you know where your mistake was so I wont rehash it.

And, yes, saying Kyrie isn't a good fit (or Hayward is not 100%) is an excuse. Did you offer up him "not being a good fit" on the Cavs as a reason Lue did not have success (when Kyrie was far more unhappy here)? No....guess that makes sense, since Lue and the Cavs had more success than Stevens and the Cs.

Yes, you did say Stevens should get "some blame" but you want to rip Lue and give him most of the blame for the Cavs' woes. Most comical? The Cavs were more successful than every team not named GS and far more successful than Boston/Stevens.

Please never change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Luke hasn't been the problem, but based on reports, he will be the fall guy.

Having said that, none of the reports that Luke is as good as gone, seem to be coming from the Lakers. The only direct quotes that I have seen involving Luke's status has been from Jeanie saying "Luke is our coach" and another statement saying there have been no internal discussions re: his job status and firing him.

Most of it seems to be based on Lebron being a "coach killer", which is a bit overblown since Blatt is really the only coach who has been fired directly because Lebron wanted it.

As for Lue, we don't know how good he is or isn't. As I mentioned before, the only things we do know is that, with him as coach, the Cavs met expectations, that he looks to have out coached Kerr in 2016 and that he is someone that could reel Lebron in when necessary.
Agree 100% even though all I want to do is argue. Weird you say exactly what I do and aren't accused of just wanting to argue.

As for Luke, I wouldn't read into anything one way or the other as no one says they are looking to can a coach until they do. Agree on the coach killer idea. As you probably know, I've never liked Lebron but never got this narrative (for the reasons you gave).

Your comments on Lue? all I'm saying. MIGHT he not be a good coach? I guess, but what has he done that would make anyone think this, and be so sure about it? No one else beat GS (and he actually did). No one thought anyone would beat GS once they got Durant. Hell, many even said the Laker team Lebron joined was because they were more talented than the Cavs (minus Lebron). I don't believe this, but was said by many of the same people ripping Lue.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't here so can't say you did this but come on....when he made the move, many at the time said the Lakers roster was better than his Cavs' team last year.

In some ways, it was. But they've never had the shooting they need. They didn't need to surround him with shooters ala the Cavs, but they did need some shooting.

That's what Magic meant when he said the Lakers "didn't want to be the Cavs". He wasn't throwing shade (even though some took it that way). He was saying that they wanted to lighten some of Lebron's load by having guys who could be playmakers and play solid defense.

They were always going to have to find a way to get shooters, whether during the season or in the off-season.

So, from a defense and "play making" perspective, they were better. But, from a shooting and experience perspective, they weren't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does boston win a game on their upcoming trip?

AT Warriors
AT Kings
AT Lakers
AT Clippers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors poised for reunion with Andrew Bogut

@LAD

Oe7KX0d.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways, it was. But they've never had the shooting they need. They didn't need to surround him with shooters ala the Cavs, but they did need some shooting.

That's what Magic meant when he said the Lakers "didn't want to be the Cavs". He wasn't throwing shade (even though some took it that way). He was saying that they wanted to lighten some of Lebron's load by having guys who could be playmakers and play solid defense.

They were always going to have to find a way to get shooters, whether during the season or in the off-season.

So, from a defense and "play making" perspective, they were better. But, from a shooting and experience perspective, they weren't.
It's fair to believe if they played each other the non Lebron Lakers might win because, as you mention, the Cavs were built to be a team who played with Lebron. But because of this I think they were the better team - and proved it - with Lebron.

Cavs also added Sexton who, while no stud as of now, could have been another playmaker and would think Clarkson is in the discussion for 6th man of the year and can make plays.

No doubt the formula to win with Lebron seems to be have another playmaker close to his level (Wade or Kyrie) and a bunch of shooters - Allen, Korver, Miller, Battier, Frye, Love, etc. - with at least 1-2 stud rebounders, preferably one who will just do dirty work (Bosh, Love, Haslem, TT)

Did Magic mean to throw shade on the Cavs. I think so, but agree cannot be sure. No doubt that's how the media and most fans took it, though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those young guys are all a year older AND they added Lebron? Even if he "only" plays 60ish games seems they should win more than a handful of extra games.

They did to a point. They have actually won more games without Lebron than the Cavs did.

Also, if Lebron was all they lost, maybe they win a few more of those and go 9-9 or 10-8.

But they also lost Rondo for 17 games, Kuzma for a couple of games, Hart has been fighting a knee issue all season and Lonzo, who was important for their team defense and offensive flow, has been out for several weeks as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Russell and Randle were.

Both were salary cap casualties. Having to move them was part of the fallout from the Short Buss Reign of Error. They had to find some way to get Mozgov off the books, which cost them Russell and they needed to make sure they had cap space for 2 max level guys, which cost them Randle.

If they don't make those moves, especially the Russell move, they don't have Lebron.

Could they use both of those guys right now? Hell yes. But then they wouldn't have Lebron, sooo...:noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did to a point. They have actually won more games without Lebron than the Cavs did.

Also, if Lebron was all they lost, maybe they win a few more of those and go 9-9 or 10-8.

But they also lost Rondo for 17 games, Kuzma for a couple of games, Hart has been fighting a knee issue all season and Lonzo, who was important for their team defense and offensive flow, has been out for several weeks as well.
They won more without him because the Cavs were built to play with him. And, many of the games without him, Love and/or Kyrie also sat. Was also an 0-8 stretch his first year back before they even added JR/shump/Mozgov to the team.

Agree some injuries have hurt LA, but Cavs had guys out here and there last year as do most teams. I doubt losing Rondo hurts all that much, but Ball being out I'm sure is a major issue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were salary cap casualties. Having to move them was part of the fallout from the Short Buss Reign of Error. They had to find some way to get Mozgov off the books, which cost them Russell and they needed to make sure they had cap space for 2 max level guys, which cost them Randle.

If they don't make those moves, especially the Russell move, they don't have Lebron.
Didn't mention them to bring up again they should have been kept....only that LA has had other lottery picks as it was implied they haven't.

Seems clear, though, Lebron was coming even if they didn't bring in another max guy right away.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Luke hasn't been the problem, but based on reports, he will be the fall guy.

Having said that, none of the reports that Luke is as good as gone, seem to be coming from the Lakers. The only direct quotes that I have seen involving Luke's status has been from Jeanie saying "Luke is our coach" and another statement saying there have been no internal discussions re: his job status and firing him.

Most of it seems to be based on Lebron being a "coach killer", which is a bit overblown since Blatt is really the only coach who has been fired directly because Lebron wanted it.

As for Lue, we don't know how good he is or isn't. As I mentioned before, the only things we do know is that, with him as coach, the Cavs met expectations, that he looks to have out coached Kerr in 2016 and that he is someone that could reel Lebron in when necessary.

Thanks for the info. You follow the Lakers a lot closer than I do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Magic mean to throw shade on the Cavs. I think so, but agree cannot be sure. No doubt that's how the media and most fans took it, though.

I definitely understand why some took it that way. But when you consider that the Cavs had Lebron at a younger age and that he played all 82 regular season games and all of the playoff games last year and had a high usage rate every year he was in Cleveland...

It's easy to understand the Lakers thinking. They have Lebron in his age 33-34 season with all of those miles that come with 8 straight finals appearances and previous playoff runs.

The Lakers not wanting be Cleveland is about trying to make sure they have Lebron playing at a high level for his entire contract, not just the first couple of seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the ultimate pot calling the kettle black poster here. Does someone win an end of year award for this or something?

You are doing the same thing I am (only I'm not crying about it). Disagreeing/arguing with me because I don't agree with you. In fact, if you are so against it, you could have not replied to my comment today but ya just couldn't help yourself. Know why? You love to argue. Thinking you'd be a psychologist's wet dream.

Let me guess, you'll tell me what an awful guy I am for saying these terrible things even though far worse has been said about me.

You bring up Klay/Love and no doubt will later cry that I brought up Klay/Love again. But you know where your mistake was so I wont rehash it.

And, yes, saying Kyrie isn't a good fit (or Hayward is not 100%) is an excuse. Did you offer up him "not being a good fit" on the Cavs as a reason Lue did not have success (when Kyrie was far more unhappy here)? No....guess that makes sense, since Lue and the Cavs had more success than Stevens and the Cs.

Yes, you did say Stevens should get "some blame" but you want to rip Lue and give him most of the blame for the Cavs' woes. Most comical? The Cavs were more successful than every team not named GS and far more successful than Boston/Stevens.

Please never change.

I haven't ripped Lue. All I have said about him is until he gets another coaching opportunity he'll be unfairly judged as a coach because of LeBron. Let's be honest here. Take LeBron away from those Cavs teams & Lue isn't getting to the Finals. Maybe not even in the playoffs.

How is that ripping him & not being realistic?

So like you said. Please never change. You need people to agree w/ everything you say. And when that doesn't happen you don't like it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mention them to bring up again they should have been kept....only that LA has had other lottery picks as it was implied they haven't.

Seems clear, though, Lebron was coming even if they didn't bring in another max guy right away.

Right away is not the same as not at all. If they don't have the cap space to bring in another guy, I doubt Lebron is a Laker today.

You can't fault the Lakers if they have the cap space to bring in a 2nd guy, but aren't able to get one. That's just how it goes sometimes.

But you can blame them if they have the opportunity to clear cap space for 2, but don't take it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Snoop Dogg is offering his Lakers box seast for $5 because 'they f***ing suck'

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely understand why some took it that way. But when you consider that the Cavs had Lebron at a younger age and that he played all 82 regular season games and all of the playoff games last year and had a high usage rate every year he was in Cleveland...

It's easy to understand the Lakers thinking. They have Lebron in his age 33-34 season with all of those miles that come with 8 straight finals appearances and previous playoff runs.

The Lakers not wanting be Cleveland is about trying to make sure they have Lebron playing at a high level for his entire contract, not just the first couple of seasons.
I'll go paragraph by paragraph.......

1) Cavs also tried to cut down his time but as you probably know now....Lebron does what he wants.

2) I agree, though Lebron knows all this and HE was the one who was determined to play 82 games the year before.

3) I'm sure that will be the plan and hopefully as he gets older he will listen to others more than he does.....I think he will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't ripped Lue. All I have said about him is until he gets another coaching opportunity he'll be unfairly judged as a coach because of LeBron. Let's be honest here. Take LeBron away from those Cavs teams & Lue isn't getting to the Finals. Maybe not even in the playoffs.

How is that ripping him & not being realistic?

So like you said. Please never change. You need people to agree w/ everything you say. And when that doesn't happen you don't like it.
On this topic I do owe you an apology. was about 3-5 posters who were ripping him and I just assumed you were one. Not the case and my apologies.

I agree no chance he gets to the Finals without Lebron. Just like Phillip doesn't get there without MJ (or even Pippen) as well as Shaq/Kobe.

In general terms, do you really not agree with the statement when coaches are not liked they are the ones who take the blame with no credit, and the opposite is true when they are liked? Lue would get crushed if he were coaching the Cs with everyone healthy and fighting for the 4th spot.

And, of course, I never said Lue was a good or great coach as you implied I did. I think he's like most. Give him talent he might win. don't and he wont