• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to McMenamin, multiple league sources think that the reason the Lakers signed KCP is because his agent is Rich Paul.

Meaning, they get a full year of being able to freely talk to LeBron's agent under the protection of him being KCP's agent.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to McMenamin, multiple league sources think that the reason the Lakers signed KCP is because his agent is Rich Paul.

Meaning, they get a full year of being able to freely talk to LeBron's agent under the protection of him being KCP's agent.

that's interesting...

p.s., STILL don't want him...:heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They signed KCP because he was the best player available in a position that needed to be filled.

Don't listen to these mindless rumours. Everyone knows once lebrons mind has been made, his agent can't do anything.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows once lebrons mind has been made, his agent can't do anything.

Yeah, McMenamin also quoted another source that doubted such a strategy would work since in his past free agency, LeBron has shown that he prefers making his own decisions vs being wooed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, McMenamin also quoted another source that doubted such a strategy would work since in his past free agency, LeBron has shown that he prefers making his own decisions vs being wooed.

Yeah, I think there is likely some truth to the rumor, but I don't think it's the main reason for signing KCP.

The Lakers needed a veteran, a guy who can play defense and a 2 guard. They get all 3 with KCP and they get it on an expiring deal that won't affect their cap space in the off-season.

Assuming the rumors that Lebron has his eye on the Lakers and vice versa are true...it sure doesn't hurt to have access to his agent. If nothing else, Paul could report to Lebron what's going on within the organization to help him decide if he should still consider the Lakers as a viable option.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course.

Rich was the one who went to the Lakers about Pope.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think there is likely some truth to the rumor, but I don't think it's the main reason for signing KCP.

The Lakers needed a veteran, a guy who can play defense and a 2 guard. They get all 3 with KCP and they get it on an expiring deal that won't affect their cap space in the off-season.

Assuming the rumors that Lebron has his eye on the Lakers and vice versa are true...it sure doesn't hurt to have access to his agent. If nothing else, Paul could report to Lebron what's going on within the organization to help him decide if he should still consider the Lakers as a viable option.
Agree.

It's pretty obvious the Lakers have their eye on next year and did Paul a solid by giving Pope a large one year deal.

It won't be the deciding factor for LeBron. But, it doesn't hurt.

Teams have been doing this shit for years.

The Knicks signed Jr Smith's brother.

The Suns signed Dragic's.

Does anyone think Boogie's brother would even make a Summer League roster if Demarcus wasn't up for grabs next Summer?

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Last edited:

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

It's pretty obvious the Lakers have their eye on next year and did Paul a solid by giving Pope a large one year deal.

It won't be the deciding factor for LeBron. But, it doesn't hurt.

Teams have been doing this shit for years.

The Knicks signed Jr Smith's brother.

The Suns signed Dragic's.

Does anyone think Boogie's brother would even make a Summer League roster if Demarcus wasn't up for grabs next Summer?

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
Yep. And shit the Lakers have done this recently. They drafted Lamelo Ball's brother for Christ sake.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And shit the Lakers have done this recently. They drafted Lamelo Ball's brother for Christ sake.

I hope Lavar will be sitting courtside next to Jack Nicholson for Laker home games this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I disagree. Even if the only "contact" was what Magic said on Kimmel, based how the rule is written, the Lakers violated it and deserved to be fined.

Now, if you want to say it's a stupid rule that shouldn't exist...that would be a discussion to have.

If wasn't Magic on Kimmel (the Lakers were given a warning after that). Reportedly Pelinka spoke to George's agent to let him know the Lakers were interested. No deals/agreements were made, so it's just a fine.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Multiple sources think the Earth is flat.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If wasn't Magic on Kimmel (the Lakers were given a warning after that). Reportedly Pelinka spoke to George's agent to let him know the Lakers were interested. No deals/agreements were made, so it's just a fine.

Okay. Sounds like I had it backwards then.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is that Hopkins is the highest paid receiver in the league and has the most guaranteed money. This is why I consider NBA players pampered and spoiled as hell.
It's the fully guaranteed deals.

Some guys get paid, keep grinding.

* Whiteside, Dame, McCollum, Harrison Barnes*

Some guys get paid, keep shopping.

* Drummond, Jeff Green, Solomon Hill, Chandler Parsons*

Teams need to add protections like # of games played, weight clause, bonuses for pts, rbds, etc to keep these turds motivated.

I was just reading about Hood, Exum and Embiid being eligible for extensions.

Fuck that.

All 3 ooze potential.

All 3 chronically broken.

Last edited: