• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Greg Jennings on Fox Sports that mentioned that he should've done this when the 49ers were an elite team and many considered him a really good QB at the time. I just couldn't take his message seriously as this started once he was sitting behind Gabbert as a backup QB. Plus, his ignorance with the Castro situation made me realize that he wasn't as educated on the matter as he should've been.

^^^Pretty much this^^^

If you are the starting quarterback, especially a really good starting quarterback, you can say whatever the hell you want. You will be considered anything from eccentric to "a man of principle who's in touch with social issues."

When you are the backup quarterback and you speak out, you're a distraction and there is nothing a football coach hates more than distractions. A backup quarterbacks' job is to stand there, hold the clipboard, be ready to go in if needed (hopefully never needed) and keep his fucking mouth shut.

Or as Crash Davis said:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick should've known the politics of the NFL would've kept him from getting onto a team. No one mentions that he was beat out for the starting job at the beginning of last season by Blane Gabbert (spelling?). Kaep is more talented than just about every bench QB. The thing with bench QBs is, they don't bring any attention to themselves. The minute Kaep goes onto an NFL team, the next step would be to get him to start; no coach ever wants to put up with that.

He'll be on a roster before the season is barely underway.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't ever thought of Football players as educated - I know they have went to college and all, but for me an educated person knows that football is a dangerous sport and will want to use their brain instead of their body

Unfortunately that's not how it works. There are players that are smart who are also athletic. If you can beat the odds and say have an 8-10 year career in the NFL, you'll have made millions and have a high quality life for your remaining years - so long as the injuries aren't that bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who made it to the US?

I can now piss off wiggy and todd at the same time you guys do!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who made it to the US?

I can now piss off wiggy and todd at the same time you guys do!

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to ya, miss Lady...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

and btw, seems we picked up ANOTHER jackass in your absence calling himself dbldwn. trust me when i say this one's a prize...:L

I'm going to have fun then....

once the jetlag finishes. 26 hours without sleep

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For good reason.

The vast majority of NFL players would be financially devastated if they lost a full year of pay. The average NFL career is between 2 and 3 years. The long term benefit of a work stoppage simply isn't worth it for most players.

The average career of an NFL player is the shortest of the major sports (NFL 3.5, NBA 4.8, NHL 5.5, MLB 5.6 (2013 poll)) and the contracts are still not guaranteed. NFL is also the most dangerous to long term health (although the NHL may be close) in comparison to the NBA and MLB. The NFL owners have so much power over the players union it's sad.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Greg Jennings on Fox Sports that mentioned that he should've done this when the 49ers were an elite team and many considered him a really good QB at the time. I just couldn't take his message seriously as this started once he was sitting behind Gabbert as a backup QB. Plus, his ignorance with the Castro situation made me realize that he wasn't as educated on the matter as he should've been.

Silly Kaepernick not using his time machine to go back and fix issues when they weren't as prevalent in the public eye.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard once that you're never more than 6 feet from a spider. :heh:
Yep I heard that too... and ever since I be on the lookout for em. I don't enter dark rooms without first turning on a light & I don't dare reach under my bed EVER. :nono:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average career of an NFL player is the shortest of the major sports (NFL 3.5, NBA 4.8, NHL 5.5, MLB 5.6 (2013 poll)) and the contracts are still not guaranteed. NFL is also the most dangerous to long term health (although the NHL may be close) in comparison to the NBA and MLB. The NFL owners have so much power over the players union it's sad.

There is no doubt about it. The NFL owners routinely kick the player's union's ass in negotiations CBA after CBA.

This goes back to 1987 when the owners basically told the players "we don't give a fuck" and hired scab players. They pretty much broke the union 30 years ago and have been in the driver's seat in negotiations ever since.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly Kaepernick not using his time machine to go back and fix issues when they weren't as prevalent in the public eye.

So in 2011-2013 the world was free of racism? That there weren't cops around that shouldn't have had a badge?

I'm also of the mindset that his protests are pointless because there will always be racist assholes on this planet. Where exactly is this oppression coming from and what' the end goal in all of this? A constant question I bring up that never really amounts to a logical and sensible answer.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 2011-2013 the world was free of racism? That there weren't cops around that shouldn't have had a badge?

I'm also of the mindset that his protests are pointless because there will always be racist assholes on this planet. Where exactly is this oppression coming from and what' the end goal in all of this? A constant question I bring up that never really amounts to a logical and sensible answer.

The biggest obstacle in cleaning any of this up is this Brotherhood Code of Honor in the police force that does not allow cops to snitch on cops.

Unfortunately, cops who try to make a stand against the abuse of the badge end up getting labeled as a snitch and a traitor and it ends up hurting their careers.

Many professions are like that. The media is that way in a sense. Even if a guy is just straight making shit up, sometimes you will see fellow media people come riding to his rescue just because the media feels they have to protect their own.

Especially in today's climate.

The cops are the same way. We will see some really good cops trying to defend some really bad cops because of this belief that they have to defend their own.

I don't know how it can be done but the solution to police violence and badge abuse starts with getting the good cops to be allowed to weed out the bad cops without losing the support of the police force.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest obstacle in cleaning any of this up is this Brotherhood Code of Honor in the police force that does not allow cops to snitch on cops.

Unfortunately, cops who try to make a stand against the abuse of the badge end up getting labeled as a snitch and a traitor and it ends up hurting their careers.

Many professions are like that. The media is that way in a sense. Even if a guy is just straight making shit up, sometimes you will see fellow media people come riding to his rescue just because the media feels they have to protect their own.

The cops are the same way. We will see some really good cops trying to defend some really bad cops because of this belief that they have to defend their own.

I don't know how it can be done but the solution to police violence and badge abuse starts with getting the good cops to be allowed to weed out the bad cops without losing the support of the police force.
IMO this Trump administration certainly hasn't helped close the gap. In fact, it appears as if the bad cops are more comfortable with being who they are now more-so than before. And the hate has manifested in such a way that makes just about EVERY person second guess the motives of the police.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this Trump administration certainly hasn't helped close the gap. In fact, it appears as if the bad cops are more comfortable with being who they are now more-so than before. And the hate has manifested in such a way that makes just about EVERY person second guess the motives of the police.

Sorry, I like to bag on Trump because well, it's Trump. But this started in the Obama administration.