• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Splashy " P gonna be laughing all the way to the ring ceremony...lol

I just don't see the Warriors repeating this year. This IS LeBron's year. And if you don't believe me...

No worries, I don't believe the bullshit I just said either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then this guy swoops in to take advantage...

theres-a-plot-hole-in-the-cliff-paul-state-farm-commercial-and-youll-never-watch-it-the-same-way-when-you-hear-it-630x472.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is that Hopkins is the highest paid receiver in the league and has the most guaranteed money. This is why I consider NBA players pampered and spoiled as hell.

The NFLPA is weak as hell in comparison to the NBA and MLB.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFLPA doesn't have as much of a leg on, especially compared to the NBA. During the regular season, the NBA has 15 active players on a roster, the NFL has 53 and that's not including what owners have to pay for practice squad players. There's more pie to go around for the NBA. Guaranteed money would also be a bastard given that players are hit by injuries far more often in the NFL then they are in the NBA. The Heat were hamstrung for a year given Bosh's condition. Imagine how NFL teams would have to operate in that same capacity.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For good reason.

The vast majority of NFL players would be financially devastated if they lost a full year of pay. The average NFL career is between 2 and 3 years. The long term benefit of a work stoppage simply isn't worth it for most players.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFLPA doesn't have as much of a leg on, especially compared to the NBA. During the regular season, the NBA has 15 active players on a roster, the NFL has 53 and that's not including what owners have to pay for practice squad players. There's more pie to go around for the NBA. Guaranteed money would also be a bastard given that players are hit by injuries far more often in the NFL then they are in the NBA. The Heat were hamstrung for a year given Bosh's condition. Imagine how NFL teams would have to operate in that same capacity.

Yeah, that 's the unfortunate situation for NFL players. Because of the likelihood of injury and how short the average career is, they most need guaranteed money. But they can't get it because of the likelihood of injury and how short the average career is.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that 's the unfortunate situation for NFL players. Because of the likelihood of injury and how short the average career is, they most need guaranteed money. But they can't get it because of the likelihood of injury and how short the average career is.
Yeah - I had some one still bitching because Colin Kaepernick still can't get signed and they pointed to him going to the super-bowl a few years ago as proof - Like you said - I told them -that was then - this is now and no one wants him - Even if he still had some talent - who would want a dissenter on the team?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Splashy " P gonna be laughing all the way to the ring ceremony...lol
Not that great of a player, but I can think of players I detest more and would resent getting a ring - like Matt Barnes. So actually I am happy for the dude and wish him the best. He played hard for the Lakers and made an effort at a time that it was challenge - I can't fault him for that even though I am glad he moved on

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see the Warriors repeating this year. This IS LeBron's year. And if you don't believe me...

No worries, I don't believe the bullshit I just said either.
Put the Crack pipe down and walk away slowly sir - you're delusional in the biggest way.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - I had some one still bitching because Colin Kaepernick still can't get signed and they pointed to him going to the super-bowl a few years ago as proof - Like you said - I told them -that was then - this is now and no one wants him - Even if he still had some talent - who would want a dissenter on the team?

Kaepernick should've known the politics of the NFL would've kept him from getting onto a team. No one mentions that he was beat out for the starting job at the beginning of last season by Blane Gabbert (spelling?). Kaep is more talented than just about every bench QB. The thing with bench QBs is, they don't bring any attention to themselves. The minute Kaep goes onto an NFL team, the next step would be to get him to start; no coach ever wants to put up with that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick should've known the politics of the NFL would've kept him from getting onto a team. No one mentions that he was beat out for the starting job at the beginning of last season by Blane Gabbert (spelling?). Kaep is more talented than just about every bench QB. The thing with bench QBs is, they don't bring any attention to themselves. The minute Kaep goes onto an NFL team, the next step would be to get him to start; no coach ever wants to put up with that.
Well for one thing, I can't help note that he never felt oppressed in 2011 when he landed his first huge contract. And what about all of the years from 2011 to 2016 - Why didn't he feel oppressed with all of those millions that he was getting.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the Crack pipe down and walk away slowly sir - you're delusional in the biggest way.

You can't spot sarcasm even when it's right in front of you. It's funny you took that comment seriously when I clearly said I was joking.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one thing, I can't help note that he never felt oppressed in 2011 when he landed his first huge contract. And what about all of the years from 2011 to 2016 - Why didn't he feel oppressed with all of those millions that he was getting.

I believe it was Greg Jennings on Fox Sports that mentioned that he should've done this when the 49ers were an elite team and many considered him a really good QB at the time. I just couldn't take his message seriously as this started once he was sitting behind Gabbert as a backup QB. Plus, his ignorance with the Castro situation made me realize that he wasn't as educated on the matter as he should've been.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Greg Jennings on Fox Sports that mentioned that he should've done this when the 49ers were an elite team and many considered him a really good QB at the time. I just couldn't take his message seriously as this started once he was sitting behind Gabbert as a backup QB. Plus, his ignorance with the Castro situation made me realize that he wasn't as educated on the matter as he should've been.
I haven't ever thought of Football players as educated - I know they have went to college and all, but for me an educated person knows that football is a dangerous sport and will want to use their brain instead of their body

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't spot sarcasm even when it's right in front of you. It's funny you took that comment seriously when I clearly said I was joking.
I was joking with you man - I just couldn't resist. Forgive me, I am just evil that way:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my bad.
All jokes put aside, if Isaiah Thomas makes a full recovery from his injury, Cleveland should still dominate the east, but I do think they would need to get lucky like the Lakers did with Pau Gasol in order to challenge the Warriors and wouldn't totally discount that as a possibility. The one thing I took away from the Lakers loss to San Antonio back in 2004 or so was that it is a long season and anything can happen. So good luck to your team Bro.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All jokes put aside, if Isaiah Thomas makes a full recovery from his injury, Cleveland should still dominate the east, but I do think they would need to get lucky like the Lakers did with Pau Gasol in order to challenge the Warriors and wouldn't totally discount that as a possibility. The one thing I took away from the Lakers loss to San Antonio back in 2004 or so was that it is a long season and anything can happen. So good luck to your team Bro.

Doesn't matter what any teams in the EC do this year. If healthy I don't think there's a team in that conference that could beat G.S. in a 7 game series. As far as the Cavs this could be their last year of dominating the EC. I'm looking forward to seeing the revamped Celtics (even though I'm not a fan of Mr. Flat Earth). And good luck to your Lakers. They might be young but I think they have some good pieces all ready. Could be a fun team to watch this year.