• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop The Champagne BAY BAY

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are up by 11 points as of right now in the 4th quarter

Laker Haters: "This proves Lonzo is a bum - because they are playing better without him"

Lakers Fans: "Lonzo is so good, he is making the others better just sitting on the bench"

Lavar Ball: I DEMAND LONZO BE INDUCTED INTO THE HALL OF FAME IMMEDIATELY

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - the Lakers won and I know it's just summer league but:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

The only bad thing is this: Lavar Ball's hype is why this was easily the most watched and discussed summer league ever. The NBA is now indebted to this clown.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile...In Oakland

giphy.gif

:heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only bad thing is this: Lavar Ball's hype is why this was easily the most watched and discussed summer league ever. The NBA is now indebted to this clown.
I got to tell you - I had my doubts and was getting tired of hearing Lavar's ugly mouth - but the dude was right - this was the Lowest seed ever to win the summer league title and Lonzo set a record for most assists ever in the summer league and in the mean time - Kyle Kuzma is turning out to be a real steal - and that dude Vander was looking pretty nice as well

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news - they are going to get an MRI on Lonzo just in case he has a tear

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly...its not THAT farfetched. The bottom half of the East is gonna be terrible and I'm predicting everyone outside of Cavs, Boston, Washington, Milwaukee and Toronto will log jammed with sub .500 records. So that's 3 other playoff spots. I feel like Miami will get one with another .500 or close to it season and I think Philly will get the other. So that leaves Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, Indy, Orlando, Detroit and Brooklyn for the final spot. Atlanta should be flat out terrible (likely worst team in the league). I doubt Chicago is much better than them as well. Orlando is still just a giant ball of meh. Charlotte (my pick for 8th), Detroit, and Indy should all be better than Brooklyn but I could see it breaking their way if things go right (lucky, injuries, etc).

Lin has been very good when healthy. D'Lo is promising young player, LeVert and Carroll can be good contributors Maybe they get lucky and Jarrett Allen looks good this year. They have hardly any size but again, the East is terrible. I wouldn't be shocked if they upped their win total to the mid 30s, which could put them in the conversation in a bad conference.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the brakes there Speed Racer.

38 wins would mean getting in with a losing record. That's not happening in the West.

This is a 30-35 win team.

Yes, Ingram looked good in his 1 summer league game. He needed to walk in there with his chest puffed out and an "I'm the best player on the floor" mentality. He did that and came up with what? 36 points? It was great to see. However, he's still young and developing. While I expect him to take a step forward this coming season, he's still got a lot of developing to do.

After his first game, Lonzo has looked really good, but again, it's summer league. The eye test says that he will be an elite level passer. But he's still going to have learn and adjust to the NBA game. The nice thing is though, because of the way he passes the ball, top player are likely to want to play with him which should help the Lakers when looking to get top FA's.

It will take an almost perfect storm of circumstances for the Lakers to even get the 8 seed this year. The young guys on the team will all have to take huge steps forward, especially Ingram and Lonzo will have to replicate Magic's rookie season.

The additions of Lopez and KCP are nice, but not enough to make this a playoff team. They will be competitive in virtually all of their games, they will likely tease us by flirting with the 8 seed for awhile. But in the end...I just can't see this team making the playoffs.

I do not think the Lakers will win 38 games this year, but I do think the 8 seed will win between 38 and 41.

The top 5 or 6 out West are really good and there are not many doormats anymore. I think the top 5 will separate rather easily from the pack and the rest will beat the crap out of each other.

Don't be surprised if the 8 seed in the East has a better record than the 8 seed in the West. An East schedule is way easier.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly...its not THAT farfetched. The bottom half of the East is gonna be terrible and I'm predicting everyone outside of Cavs, Boston, Washington, Milwaukee and Toronto will log jammed with sub .500 records. So that's 3 other playoff spots. I feel like Miami will get one with another .500 or close to it season and I think Philly will get the other. So that leaves Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, Indy, Orlando, Detroit and Brooklyn for the final spot. Atlanta should be flat out terrible (likely worst team in the league). I doubt Chicago is much better than them as well. Orlando is still just a giant ball of meh. Charlotte (my pick for 8th), Detroit, and Indy should all be better than Brooklyn but I could see it breaking their way if things go right (lucky, injuries, etc).

Lin has been very good when healthy. D'Lo is promising young player, LeVert and Carroll can be good contributors Maybe they get lucky and Jarrett Allen looks good this year. They have hardly any size but again, the East is terrible. I wouldn't be shocked if they upped their win total to the mid 30s, which could put them in the conversation in a bad conference.

I would.

Their roster is still pretty bad. 30 wins tops. Could be less than 25.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would.

Their roster is still pretty bad. 30 wins tops. Could be less than 25.

It all depends on health IMO. My guess is if they stay pretty healthy then they're about a 29-33 win team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the Lakers will win 38 games this year, but I do think the 8 seed will win between 38 and 41.

The top 5 or 6 out West are really good and there are not many doormats anymore. I think the top 5 will separate rather easily from the pack and the rest will beat the crap out of each other.

Don't be surprised if the 8 seed in the East has a better record than the 8 seed in the West. An East schedule is way easier.
I think the 8th seed will be 40 or better. I don't think it has dropped below 40 in the last ten years. If the Lakers wants a shot at making the playoffs, I think the magic number has to be 50% of the games. If they had a bad run of luck or something and drop below, then they will miss the playoffs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true.

Still, there were moves the Cavs could have made. Instead they have literally done nothing and don't appear to be trying. Every other contender has gotten better, including the Warriors.

They signed Korver.
Not sure what else they really could have done to improve unless some FA would have signed for a minimum or the Carmelo buyout, etc..

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Manu is going to be back for another season. Every year looks like it's going to be his last but I think this will finally be it. Is he a top 10 SG of all time?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed Korver.
Not sure what else they really could have done to improve unless some FA would have signed for a minimum or the Carmelo buyout, etc..

Yeah they're really handcuffed by their cap situation. The Cavs only move would have been to trade Love and try to string some other salary along with him like Shumpert or JR to get a return. They had no cap space, no picks and no promising young players. Would have been difficult for them to get any true value back without breaking up their core.