• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that no one seems to be beating down the Knicks door to get him, maybe that headline should read:

Possible that Melo has no choice but to stay put.

May be easier to trade him around the deadline or even next summer.....when he only has 1 season left on the contract.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Heck, the Cavs may not even be the best team in the East anymore. Let alone able to take down the Warriors.

I don't think they are the best team....with all the potential drama and uncetainty beyond next season....I could see there being some friction.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are the best team....with all the potential drama and uncetainty beyond next season....I could see there being some friction.

Who is the best team?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might not - but 38 wins is close enough to get lucky and sneak in - Just saying. If that happened, I think the Lakers will be attracting big time agents. At this point the Lakers will have to be patient and at the trade deadline - the Deng contract will be spent enough to trade. That contract will be easier to move with only two years left.

Pump the brakes there Speed Racer.

38 wins would mean getting in with a losing record. That's not happening in the West.

This is a 30-35 win team.

Yes, Ingram looked good in his 1 summer league game. He needed to walk in there with his chest puffed out and an "I'm the best player on the floor" mentality. He did that and came up with what? 36 points? It was great to see. However, he's still young and developing. While I expect him to take a step forward this coming season, he's still got a lot of developing to do.

After his first game, Lonzo has looked really good, but again, it's summer league. The eye test says that he will be an elite level passer. But he's still going to have learn and adjust to the NBA game. The nice thing is though, because of the way he passes the ball, top player are likely to want to play with him which should help the Lakers when looking to get top FA's.

It will take an almost perfect storm of circumstances for the Lakers to even get the 8 seed this year. The young guys on the team will all have to take huge steps forward, especially Ingram and Lonzo will have to replicate Magic's rookie season.

The additions of Lopez and KCP are nice, but not enough to make this a playoff team. They will be competitive in virtually all of their games, they will likely tease us by flirting with the 8 seed for awhile. But in the end...I just can't see this team making the playoffs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump the brakes there Speed Racer.

38 wins would mean getting in with a losing record. That's not happening in the West.

This is a 30-35 win team.

Yes, Ingram looked good in his 1 summer league game. He needed to walk in there with his chest puffed out and an "I'm the best player on the floor" mentality. He did that and came up with what? 36 points? It was great to see. However, he's still young and developing. While I expect him to take a step forward this coming season, he's still got a lot of developing to do.

After his first game, Lonzo has looked really good, but again, it's summer league. The eye test says that he will be an elite level passer. But he's still going to have learn and adjust to the NBA game. The nice thing is though, because of the way he passes the ball, top player are likely to want to play with him which should help the Lakers when looking to get top FA's.

It will take an almost perfect storm of circumstances for the Lakers to even get the 8 seed this year. The young guys on the team will all have to take huge steps forward, especially Ingram and Lonzo will have to replicate Magic's rookie season.

The additions of Lopez and KCP are nice, but not enough to make this a playoff team. They will be competitive in virtually all of their games, they will likely tease us by flirting with the 8 seed for awhile. But in the end...I just can't see this team making the playoffs.
Hey - I loved Speed Racer as a Kid - my all time favorite even now it seems pretty corny:lol: But yes, I realize it's a long shot and I will place my bets between 36 and 42. I agree that the 42 would really have to be a miracle, but no one expected the Lakers to bounce back the year Bynum led the Lakers to 1st place and then got injured in time to get Pau Gasol. Stranger things have happened and I am greedy

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May be easier to trade him around the deadline or even next summer.....when he only has 1 season left on the contract.

Yeah, there may be a playoff team or near playoff team around the deadline that will take him. However, there are 2 problems with moving him, imo.

One is that the Knicks seem to think he's worth a lot more than everyone else thinks he is.

Second, he has a no trade clause which severely limits the teams that the Knicks can deal with.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there may be a playoff team or near playoff team around the deadline that will take him. However, there are 2 problems with moving him, imo.

One is that the Knicks seem to think he's worth a lot more than everyone else thinks he is.

Second, he has a no trade clause which severely limits the teams that the Knicks can deal with.

True.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - I loved Speed Racer as a Kid - my all time favorite even now it seems pretty corny:lol: But yes, I realize it's a long shot and I will place my bets between 36 and 42. I agree that the 42 would really have to be a miracle, but no one expected the Lakers to bounce back the year Bynum led the Lakers to 1st place and then got injured in time to get Pau Gasol. Stranger things have happened and I am greedy

Yeah, I think most folks in our age group liked Speed Racer.

I'm sticking with my 30-35 wins prediction while hoping that I'm underestimating them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think most folks in our age group liked Speed Racer.

I'm sticking with my 30-35 wins prediction while hoping that I'm underestimating them.
I seriously doubt that you are under-estimating them, but I gotta say that I think differently of Lonzo Ball then I did before. Lavar is an a-hole, but the dude is a magician with that ball.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naw, his big brother Rex was MUCH cooler. probably got laid more often, too...:lol:

"Racer X. Who unknown to Speed, is really his older brother Rex Racer, who ran away from home years ago."

Always got a kick out of how they said that almost every time Racer X made an appearance in an episode.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Racer X. Who unknown to Speed, is really his older brother Rex Racer, who ran away from home years ago."

Always got a kick out of how they said that almost every time Racer X made an appearance in an episode.
I liked Kimba the white lion too

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They came on in the same hour so you ended up with both or none of them. Flinstones came on latse

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are up by 11 points as of right now in the 4th quarter

Laker Haters: "This proves Lonzo is a bum - because they are playing better without him"

Lakers Fans: "Lonzo is so good, he is making the others better just sitting on the bench"