• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alg-ainge-jpg.jpg

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EC is bad......but I don't see the Nets winning more than 28 games and the EC isn't that bad where they'll slip in the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EC is bad......but I don't see the Nets winning more than 28 games and the EC isn't that bad where they'll slip in the playoffs.

Jeremy Lin thinks you're a POS

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst team in the either conference was 41 or 40 - so 28 wins is not going to cut it, but they good news is they have started rebuilding. Russell is a good piece to start with

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst team in the either conference was 41 or 40 - so 28 wins is not going to cut it, but they good news is they have started rebuilding. Russell is a good piece to start with

Carroll is a decent pickup also. Jarrett Allen could be a solid C in a few seasons after backing up Mozgov and being mentored by him. And next summer they have cap space where they might be able to sign a quality FA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is a decent pickup also. Jarrett Allen could be a solid C in a few seasons after backing up Mozgov and being mentored by him. And next summer they have cap space where they might be able to sign a quality FA.
I think the Lakers could be a sleeper team that surprises everyone. If Lonzo Ball stays healthy, plays well, Ingram and Randle have break out years and Caldwell with Lopez develop good chemistry - Lakers fans could be happy campers in April

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers could be a sleeper team that surprises everyone. If Lonzo Ball stays healthy, plays well, Ingram and Randle have break out years and Caldwell with Lopez develop good chemistry - Lakers fans could be happy campers in April

I see about 35-38 wins. If everything were to break just right, I could see 40-42 wins but not much more than that. Nothing ever goes perfect but I expect huge seasons from Ingram and Lopez with Ball running the offense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see about 35-38 wins. If everything were to break just right, I could see 40-42 wins but not much more than that. Nothing ever goes perfect but I expect huge seasons from Ingram and Lopez with Ball running the offense.
42 wins would be enough to make the playoffs. The Lakers got lucky with Kuzma and some of the others are good enough to sign and package them to give away to some one willing to take Deng. This team of the rookies has beat several teams with rookies in the summer league and prediction is the Lakers even without Lonzo should be able to beat them

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42 wins would be enough to make the playoffs. The Lakers got lucky with Kuzma and some of the others are good enough to sign and package them to give away to some one willing to take Deng. This team of the rookies has beat several teams with rookies in the summer league and prediction is the Lakers even without Lonzo should be able to beat them

I don't think they'll make the playoffs....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll make the playoffs....

They might not - but 38 wins is close enough to get lucky and sneak in - Just saying. If that happened, I think the Lakers will be attracting big time agents. At this point the Lakers will have to be patient and at the trade deadline - the Deng contract will be spent enough to trade. That contract will be easier to move with only two years left.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true.

Still, there were moves the Cavs could have made. Instead they have literally done nothing and don't appear to be trying. Every other contender has gotten better, including the Warriors.

Yeah, letting Griffin walk and not replacing him wasn't very smart....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know what he thought the front office was supposed to do, other then try to move Love.
He stuck it up Gilberts ass by making him trade away all assets as well as overpay his posse.
He thought that would be good enough.
Warriors had another plan.

#timevindicates

True. However, I think this paragraph from the article is what has him frustrated:

Further exacerbating James’ frustration is the Cavs were close to making a deal for then-Chicago Bulls All-Star Jimmy Butler the day Gilbert decided to mutually part ways with Griffin and Redden, two people familiar with negotiations told USA TODAY Sports. They requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the negotiations.

I mean, you're close to that deal and decide to get rid of your GM and President? I'm beginning to wonder if Gilbert has decided that he got his title and now wants Lebron to leave.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. However, I think this paragraph from the article is what has him frustrated:

DJ said:
Further exacerbating James’ frustration is the Cavs were close to making a deal for then-Chicago Bulls All-Star Jimmy Butler the day Gilbert decided to mutually part ways with Griffin and Redden, two people familiar with negotiations told USA TODAY Sports. They requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly on the negotiations.

I mean, you're close to that deal and decide to get rid of your GM and President? I'm beginning to wonder if Gilbert has decided that he got his title and now wants Lebron to leave.

Yeah...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, there were moves the Cavs could have made. Instead they have literally done nothing and don't appear to be trying. Every other contender has gotten better, including the Warriors.

Agree. Heck, the Cavs may not even be the best team in the East anymore. Let alone able to take down the Warriors.