• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'm not trying to start any drama. It was just interesting for it to come out of his mouth.

I've been saying forever that the Paul George to the Lakers stuff is overblown. I'd say it sucks to be right -- but it doesn't.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is hilarious to me especially Wade at 3 lol. I bet DeRozan is salty AF. BTW Lilliard liked this tweet on twitter

Kyrie & Dion were the best backcourt in the NBA before Lebron went back there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprising lol. Not saying he is staying in OKC but the Lakers are not a lock IMO. Really depends on what happens this year. If the Lakers win 35 games or so and Lonzo looks amazing while OKC wins 48 games and is eliminated in round 1 then I think it is very likely he goes to LA. However if OKC ends up in the WCF while the Lakers win 29 games and Lonzo doesn't look that great then I think it is not as likely he goes to LA.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying forever that the Paul George to the Lakers stuff is overblown. I'd say it sucks to be right -- but it doesn't.

I should add -- he basically has to say something like this. No way he could last the season in OKC if he's like: "I'm sure it'll be fun to play with Westbrook but there's no way I'm staying in this craphole of a city any longer than I need to."

*Note: I've never been to OKC so it could actually be nice but I'm sure most NBA stars would prefer L.A.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments lose credibility when he talks about winning being the most important reason.
If that was the case, Lakers wouldn't be in the conversation as of today, let alone last year when all of this started.

Besides, what the hell is he supposed to say? Dude still has a whole season to play. I imagine he'd rather not have OKC fans pissed at him all season.

End of the day, he either comes to the Lakers or he doesn't. They'll still have plenty of cap space to chase top FA's with.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie & Dion were the best backcourt in the NBA before Lebron went back there.

Most underrated thing about Dion in all seriousness is his defense. He was one of the better defensive guards in the league last year. Just need to work on finishing at the rim better than he currently does.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, what the hell is he supposed to say? Dude still has a whole season to play. I imagine he'd rather not have OKC fans pissed at him all season.

End of the day, he either comes to the Lakers or he doesn't. They'll still have plenty of cap space to chase top FA's with.

Very true. Lakers should be fine once they don't put all their eggs in one basket and that basket being George.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising lol. Not saying he is staying in OKC but the Lakers are not a lock IMO. Really depends on what happens this year. If the Lakers win 35 games or so and Lonzo looks amazing while OKC wins 48 games and is eliminated in round 1 then I think it is very likely he goes to LA. However if OKC ends up in the WCF while the Lakers win 29 games and Lonzo doesn't look that great then I think it is not as likely he goes to LA.

I think that if OKC gets to the WCF, it will be difficult for him to leave. Anything short of that, and I think he's gone and I don't think the Lakers record will have much to do with it either way.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC and LA aren't the only options.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Lakers should be fine once they don't put all their eggs in one basket and that basket being George.

They are looking at having the cap space to go after 2 top level FA's. They will make their run a PG. If he decides to stay in OKC, then they will look at other FA's and/or save the cap space and let the young guys develop another year.

So far, Magic and Pelinka have shown more patience than I expected to see given their lack of experience. Hopefully, if they don't land a couple of top FA's, they will stay patient rather than panic and sign guys who will put them in 6-8 seed purgatory.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know. I just feel like free agency is so hard to predict a year in advance. I don't know which teams will have cap room for him next year but I don't think the Lakers are a lock as a lot of people in the media seem to think they are.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly not his only options unless those are the only 2 he chooses to look at. Based on what he has said previously, my guess is that his decision will ultimately be between those 2.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems pretty obvious that another guy needs to come too...like Westbrook?....lol

That's what I got from it.

As is, nope.

Buddy ball with Westbrook, LeBron?

Yep.

George will get four eyefuls this season of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and the young Lakers. Superficial measurements will matter far less than max slots and won-loss records. “It’s too early for L.A.,” he says. “It would have to be a situation where the ball gets rolling and guys are hopping on. This guy commits, that guy commits. ‘Oh s—, now there’s a team forming.’ It has to be like that.” But the same is true for virtually every locale outside of Oakland.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I just feel like free agency is so hard to predict a year in advance. I don't know which teams will have cap room for him next year but I don't think the Lakers are a lock as a lot of people in the media seem to think they are.

I think the Lakers and Thunder are the most likely options.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you aren't his only choice.

But, he most certainly won't be your only choice either.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems pretty obvious that another guy needs to come too...like Westbrook?....lol

That's what I got from it.

As is, nope.

Buddy ball with Westbrook, LeBron?

Yep.

George will get four eyefuls this season of Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and the young Lakers. Superficial measurements will matter far less than max slots and won-loss records. “It’s too early for L.A.,” he says. “It would have to be a situation where the ball gets rolling and guys are hopping on. This guy commits, that guy commits. ‘Oh s—, now there’s a team forming.’ It has to be like that.” But the same is true for virtually every locale outside of Oakland.
Nice article. I definitely agree that because he's more of a spot up guy than KD, who is looking to create his own shot more often than not, he will be an easier fit with Russ. They could really work well together and win a bunch of games.