• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing on the Lakers...

This seems obvious to me. But, I don't remember it being mentioned recently.

The Lakers are going to sign Boogie.

Yes, they are trying to change the culture and he can be a petulant toddler.

But, if he has a good year and the Pelicans don't make the playoffs?

I think LeBron could have his eye on the Red Rox.

So, if it's not George and LeBron or Westbrook.....Boogie in Lakerland.
CousinsPimpWalkSmall.gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of Cousins on the Lakers makes me queasy.

I understand why but I have been saying he could possibly be a target for a while.....I would have traded Russell to the Kings for him before he got dealt to the Pelicans.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why but I have been saying he could possibly be a target for a while.....I would have traded Russell to the Kings for him before he got dealt to the Pelicans.
I wouldve traded Jerebko

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after all the comments about Lonzo (and several other Lakers rookies) not playing last night, no talk about the Lakers jumping out to a 28 point lead and holding on for the win? No more ridiculing Lonzo for sitting out now that Fox got dinged up?

I can't believe how well the Lakers 2nd team played last night (no Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart). Caruso (really needs to shave that head, lol), Blue and Nwaba all stepped up nicely and really kept the uptempo offense going. I was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting a bloodbath with all the key guys out. The improved passing hasn't been all Lonzo, it seems to be a point of emphasis with the summer league team. Nice job by Jud Buechler so far coaching the kids. Caruso may have forced his name into the discussion for a 2 way contract (along with the assumed guys Blue and Dozier (who hobbled off last night)).

Kings certainly had a strong offseason, adding a bunch of talent through the draft and some key vets to keep them in line. Will be interesting to see them piece the depth chart together and see how the players mesh.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after all the comments about Lonzo (and several other Lakers rookies) not playing last night, no talk about the Lakers jumping out to a 28 point lead and holding on for the win? No more ridiculing Lonzo for sitting out now that Fox got dinged up?

I can't believe how well the Lakers 2nd team played last night (no Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart). Caruso (really needs to shave that head, lol), Blue and Nwaba all stepped up nicely and really kept the uptempo offense going. I was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting a bloodbath with all the key guys out. The improved passing hasn't been all Lonzo, it seems to be a point of emphasis with the summer league team. Nice job by Jud Buechler so far coaching the kids. Caruso may have forced his name into the discussion for a 2 way contract (along with the assumed guys Blue and Dozier (who hobbled off last night)).

Kings certainly had a strong offseason, adding a bunch of talent through the draft and some key vets to keep them in line. Will be interesting to see them piece the depth chart together and see how the players mesh.
I didn't watch the game.

Who in the blue hell is Caruso?...lol

...and what page is the Lonzo ridicule on, I must have missed it?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game.

...and what page is the Lonzo ridicule on, I must have missed it?
591b09a233c8a6079cc9e0363864578f.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the game.

5b13de4ace4b10688482cdf2a00183ce

PG out of Texas A&M that played in the D-league last year with the OKC Blue, averaging 12 pts and 5 assists on .459/.401/.749 shooting after going undrafted in 2016. SEC all defensive team and second team all SEC in his senior year with A&M. He had 18 pts (4-5 from 3), 9 assists and 4 steals (and 6 PFs) last night starting for Ball.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually smart on the Lakers part.

You know Fox was gonna try to tune his ass up again...lol

More snickering than ridicule this time around...

Lakers seem to be sitting the rostered guys as soon as they see some success. I think Buechler might need to suit up for the next game if they continue that (only Nwaba, Bryant and Zubac are still playing out that group of 7, lol).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More snickering than ridicule this time around...

Lakers seem to be sitting the rostered guys as soon as they see some success. I think Buechler might need to suit up for the next game if they continue that (only Nwaba, Bryant and Zubac are still playing out that group of 7, lol).
I just read the recap....

Dudes are falling like Dominos.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I know they are young.

But, back to back or 3 games in 4 days is a lot with a nagging injury, especially a groin.

That Caruso kid look like a keeper or at least a two way contract candidate?

Sounds like he balled out.....I might watch the replay on NBATV.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we're going with Rondo and losing out on KCP. I'd prefer signing KCP and Clarkson playing 12mpg as the backup PG.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That loss sucked but at least it's just summer league. There was good and bad from all the young players through the 3 games which is expected, I expect plenty of rookie/sophomore struggles this year which the vets will help them get through. Caruso played his ass off trying to get a job and might get one, whether it's with the Lakers or another team. Kings need to be better passing like what the Lakers have done, it's too much of one guy forcing it. I don't see either team being that good in 2017-2018, but surprises can happen. Better for the Kings to really suck anyway, try and get a top 3 pick. Hopefully both Fox and Ball are healthy for the 1st Lakers/Kings reg. season game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be tough because then wouldn't L.A. have all these stars who want to play with Ball but that would sign elsewhere because they don't want to play with Westbrook? :noidea:

I didn't say there wasn't a downside. lol