• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it wouldn't have shocked me if he had played for the Clippers just to be in Los Angeles, even though all along he has stated the Lakers......but that was before Gallo signed with them.....now if he wants to play in LA it has to be the Lakers.

Clippers are more than capable of trading off players to fit George into the cap. Plus, George could move to the 2 with Gallo at the 3. The Lakers have Ingram at the 3 right now but George would be projected to playing alongside him. Having said that, I don't see PG not going to the Lakers next offseason.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of NBA players do... we'll see, I suppose... haven't really seen that translation yet.

Both lack quality NBA strength
You do realize that these two are just kids, don't you? How many rookies come into the league, showing "quality NBA strength"?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as valid as gushing over his scoring.
No, it isn't.

It's Summer League. The only thing that matters is potential... players showing hints of the future.

Defense can develop with time... what makes Tatum special enough to have been the 3rd pick in the draft is his offensive talent and polish. Both of which have shown through quite nicely...

But it's just Summer League... I would not and am not making any grand conclusions off of it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't.

It's Summer League. The only thing that matters is potential... players showing hints of the future.

Defense can develop with time... what makes Tatum special enough to have been the 3rd pick in the draft is his offensive talent and polish. Both of which have shown through quite nicely...

But it's just Summer League... I would not and am not making any grand conclusions off of it.

He's showing he's gonna be legit.....wouldn't be surprised if he wins ROY at all.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that these two are just kids, don't you? How many rookies come into the league, showing "quality NBA strength"?
Yes, I do realize that.

Looking at their frames, though... and I don't see a whole lot of room to add serious muscle or bulk.

Some folks have the frame to build on... some don't have that in their genetic make up.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's showing he's gonna be legit.....wouldn't be surprised if he wins ROY at all.
Playing time will be an issue here... C's are loaded at the wing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced that Ball and Ingram will be good enough in 2017-2018 to attract top level talent in the 2018 offseason. But the Lakers have money and will certainly be active players in free agency. I'm just not sure if they can land a star that actually moves the needle for them.

Given the fact that they have struck out the last 4 years or so, nothing can be taken for granted.

However, they do have some things going for them that they haven't previously. 1, they have a roster of talented young players that most seem to think will develop into a good team. 2, they have at least 1 top FA in Paul George who has said that the Lakers are who he wants to play for. 3, they have a good young coach that players seem to want to play for and who brought a system that players seem to want to play in.

Assuming PG does actually join the Lakers, it seems likely that they will be able to find one more. There are some folks that seem to think it could be Lebron (I put that possibility at about 25%).

As for Ball and Ingram, they don't necessarily have to tear up the league in order to attract top FA's. They just need to be good enough to have a top FA or 2 think that he could help them reach their potential.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the same one that constantly bitches about handicappers? Anyhow, Wiggy-wam's not getting to anyone. Dude's just annoying and now he's getting what he's deserved. Ask @DJ and @Mecca what kind of guy he is. He's a cvnt.
I'm not debating that - but usually you guys don't let anyone bother you that much - I'm just a bit surprised. I suppose everyone has that thorn in the flesh who gets into their skin.

Peace

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not debating that - but usually you guys don't let anyone bother you that much - I'm just a bit surprised. I suppose everyone has that thorn in the flesh who gets into their skin.

Peace

It's like talking to a wall. Wiggy's not under our skin. We just don't like him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah -- I don't think superstars are going to care about that. They'll want money and an opportunity to win.

You don't think that superstars playing with a point guard who will always be looking to make scoring easier for them will have them thinking they have the opportunity to win?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peace
But if you're saying I'm wrong - then Okay -

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact that they have struck out the last 4 years or so, nothing can be taken for granted.

However, they do have some things going for them that they haven't previously. 1, they have a roster of talented young players that most seem to think will develop into a good team. 2, they have at least 1 top FA in Paul George who has said that the Lakers are who he wants to play for. 3, they have a good young coach that players seem to want to play for and who brought a system that players seem to want to play in.

Assuming PG does actually join the Lakers, it seems likely that they will be able to find one more. There are some folks that seem to think it could be Lebron (I put that possibility at about 25%).

As for Ball and Ingram, they don't necessarily have to tear up the league in order to attract top FA's. They just need to be good enough to have a top FA or 2 think that he could help them reach their potential.

I think they need to be patient next summer though. George would be a good get. LeBron should be the other guy they pursue. If they miss on LBJ though, they shouldn't just go get the next best player. LeBron would give them a path to contention.

The only other player who I think could do that won't be available until 2019. That is Klay Thompson. Klay, George, Ingram and Ball might be enough because it would simultaneously weaken the Warriors while making the Lakers stronger.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one long drive-by post, mostly cited at Heat fans. his "job" was his excuse for not being around...

I heard the reason wiggy hasn't been around is he's on a mission to find the Gillian Islands.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like talking to a wall. Wiggy's not under our skin. We just don't like him.
Okay - I'm not in here as much as I used to - and I understand why you would dislike the dude. Still just so that you understand where I am coming from - Handicappers has been stalking me for the last five years, created fake profiles using my name, found out where I live and posted threats that no one recognized as me. Finding a 30 year picture and photo-shopping it to insult me - was and is a threat. Saying the name of the street I live on and saying "Here I come" was a threat. Telling everyone the name of the street I live on, where I live and my personal financial business privately were all legitimate threats that the management of SportsHoopla did absolutely nothing about, so I understand why you hate Wiggy - who has been a legitimate asshole, but he has never taken his bullshit to the level of obsession and threatening that Handicappers has taken his obsession from me and furthermore - 98% of handicappers posts are personal attacks. He offers zero value to the board anywhere. It would just be impossible for me to feel the same way about Wiggy, but I do respect your hatred for the enemy and he is the enemy

Any way that's my rant for the day