• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will.

It is simple really.

If you were an elite scorer, who would you rather play with? Jason Kidd or Russell Westbrook? Do you want to team with a guy who moves the ball or one who dominates it?

It is an easy choice. In an era where star players need to team up to be relevant, they will be lining up to play with a PG like Lonzo (wings and bigs especially) because there just are not many like him out there. Most of the other top PGs today are score first.

So we're assuming Ball in his 2nd year will be equivalent to Kidd in his prime years? If you're a 27-29 year old star, do you want to wait for Ball to develop into a top player or do you want to team up with the sure thing?

Most of the other top PGs have the ability to score and distribute -- Curry, Wall, Harden, Westbrook, Paul...can all score but the ones that have had the most success are able to elevate their teammates as well.

Westbrook had 10 assist per game last year and is the reigning MVP. It's doubtful any current stars would pick playing with Ball over playing with Westbrook.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Lakers don't get 2 studs next season....

PG-Ball
SG-George
SF-Ingram
PF-Randle
C-Lopez (re-signed with other money they had available for premier FA, say a short 2 year deal plus team option on 3rd year, Zupac will start 3rd year)

Bench
6th man-Clarkson
Zubac
Nance
Deng
Kuzma
Hart

Bench isn't rock solid but starting lineup isn't too shabby.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're assuming Ball in his 2nd year will be equivalent to Kidd in his prime years? If you're a 27-29 year old star, do you want to wait for Ball to develop into a top player or do you want to team up with the sure thing?

Most of the other top PGs have the ability to score and distribute -- Curry, Wall, Harden, Westbrook, Paul...can all score but the ones that have had the most success are able to elevate their teammates as well.

Westbrook had 10 assist per game last year and is the reigning MVP. It's doubtful any current stars would pick playing with Ball over playing with Westbrook.

I'm pretty sure most stars would not want to play with Westbrook just because he dominates the ball way too much. Just look at what he did during KD especially in big moments during the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My analysis on Josh Jackson last night.

Doesn't lack confidence.

Will bring constant energy.

Needs to work on shooting but you can see potential to be a good shooter in the future. I think he got blocked twice, kind of has a weird low release.

Good rebounder for his size.

Great slasher with good finishing ability at the hole. Draws contact.

Sometimes over-pursuits the steal and has to recover defensively. Still has tremendous defensive potential.

Confidence and energy can take a guy a good ways.

His release is probably fixable.

He'll get away with over pursuing and recovering in the summer league. When the regular season starts, he'll get burned badly a few times and then he'll start to learn when to gamble and when not to.

Sounds like he has the potential to be a really good player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday afternoon then disappeared. Still didn't own up to the av bet from the finals.

He either needs to show up & get what's coming to him or never post on SportsHoopla again. For all the nonsense he talked it's a chickenshit move for him to disappear.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Lakers don't get 2 studs next season....

PG-Ball
SG-George
SF-Ingram
PF-Randle
C-Lopez (re-signed with other money they had available for premier FA, say a short 2 year deal plus team option on 3rd year, Zupac will start 3rd year)

Bench
6th man-Clarkson
Zubac
Nance
Deng
Kuzma
Hart

Bench isn't rock solid but starting lineup isn't too shabby.
Defense outside of PG is not just an issue... it's flat out poor.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He either needs to show up & get what's coming to him or never post on SportsHoopla again. For all the nonsense he talked it's a chickenshit move for him to disappear.

As I said yesterday he should be banned for good. Dude showed up and is not man enough to change his avatar.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an annoying old man who is doing what he can to get more attention, his son is on the fucking lakers they don't need to work for more attention. When he first started this crap, it was kinda funny because he was saying stupid shit. Now it's overplayed and we know it'll just be more nonsensical rambling every time he opens his mouth.

Imo, this just shows how addicting notoriety can be. He probably started doing this just to hype up Lonzo and get him to where he is now.

But, it's looking like what he was probably initially doing for Lonzo, he is now doing for himself, but still thinks he's doing it for Lonzo.

When it was time for Lonzo's presser after he was drafted, Lavar got in front of some cameras and started doing his thing. The Lakers whisked him away to a "quiet room" with the quickness.

Hopefully they will continue to do that when the regular season starts.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said yesterday he should be banned for good. Dude showed up and is not man enough to change his avatar.

I'm guessing he might try to return when next season tips off. Although that would be a very bad idea if he did that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense outside of PG is not just an issue... it's flat out poor.

Yeah, they're gonna need to learn how to play solid team defense. No one on that potential roster is a good one on one defender outside of George.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an impressive triple double. He never holds the ball. That is what impresses me most. Many of the assist Kings in today's league dribble the air out of the ball until an assist opportunity comes. Ball doesn't do that.

Best description I heard was that "like a good NFL qb, he 'passes guys open' and that he has no problem making the pass that leads to the assist rather than just trying to get all of the assists himself."

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's indicative of the dumpster fire in Leave-Land that Crawford signed with Minnesota.....when he was waived, the Cavs were the favorites because of last season he had said he wanted to play with James.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like hes gonna have to do something about that shot eventually, but great vision and passing ability.

Agree. I think he's going to have to something about that too. Hopefully he will work on that. He doesn't have to become a great shooter. He just needs to be good enough that teams have to respect it.