• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I don't know why Jason Kidd's name is being mentioned. Because it isnt Jason Kidd vs. Russell Westbrook yet were discussing whether someone would rather play with Westbrook or Kidd.

Seriously? As tlance pointed out, Kidd is who Ball plays like. No one is saying Ball is as good as Kidd or that he ever will be. They are saying that's who his game is patterned after.

The Kidd vs. Westbrook comparison was used because Westbrook, like most pg's today, is score first which is likely why FA's didn't line up to go play for OKC this off-season. Kidd was a guy that players always wanted to play with because he was pass first.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, it's not bullshit. Any comment that is perceived as remotely negative about the Lakers is usually met with cries from the often-deluded Lakers fans on this site. It's like no one ever taught them how to deal with logic or the truth.
Not all of them.

It probably seems that way because they are usually the majority on most sites.

Plus, that can be said about just about every fan base.

For whatever reason, I have seen a uptick in 76ers vs Lakers rhetoric.

See it as a positive that both your squads are up and coming , with major young talent and are no longer the punchline of NBA jokes.

:suds:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't happen to me. But Mecca just pointed out that on Fan Nation (don't know if that's the right name), that Wiggy was able to find a poster that had DJ's Facebook info and posted all sorts of shit on DJ's personal page. Wiggy's arrogant and a douche bag. That's why most of us don't like him and this is why we bag on him. It has nothing to do with him being under our skin - quite the opposite really.
Okay

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
So we're assuming Ball in his 2nd year will be equivalent to Kidd in his prime years? If you're a 27-29 year old star, do you want to wait for Ball to develop into a top player or do you want to team up with the sure thing?

Most of the other top PGs have the ability to score and distribute -- Curry, Wall, Harden, Westbrook, Paul...can all score but the ones that have had the most success are able to elevate their teammates as well.

Westbrook had 10 assist per game last year and is the reigning MVP. It's doubtful any current stars would pick playing with Ball over playing with Westbrook.
I think he shows Jason Kidd like ability.

But, Prime Kidd by year 2?

No.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I think he's going to have to something about that too. Hopefully he will work on that. He doesn't have to become a great shooter. He just needs to be good enough that teams have to respect it.
Very true, and he'll be a good player regardless, but he could be really good if he can improve his shooting.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CELTICS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CELTICS IN SEVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, I have seen a uptick in 76ers vs Lakers rhetoric.
Both young and up and coming. Plus, Simmons v Ingram fuels some of it i'd imagine.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both young and up and coming. Plus, Simmons v Ingram fuels some of it i'd imagine.
.....and this Lavar thing has taken on a life of it's own.

Should be a great matchup between the two Teams in the regular Season.

Ball wants to pass, not shoot.

Ditto for Simmons.

Fultz is a scorer that can pass.

Ditto for Ingram.

Both squads have energy guys.

Both have oft-injured, offensively talented Centers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Tatum.

But, not as much as Micky Bad Ass!!!

Tatum went to dook. Fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck! It's gonna be difficult for me to root for that dickhead from Durham.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it is very much bullshit and it needs to stop. You and others are just as guilty yourself when it comes to anything perceived as negative about the 76ers.

You literally just got into it a little with tlance (who isn't a Lakers fan) because he suggested that top FA's would want to play with Ball and gave logical reasons why. You even falsely accused people of acting like he's Kidd in his prime. Which no one has said.

Seems as though Lakers fans aren't the only ones struggling with logic and truth.

That's me getting defensive about the 76ers? His reasoning is stupid, so yeah, I'll present my objections to it.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum went to dook. Fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck! It's gonna be difficult for me to root for that dickhead from Durham.
Once he starts schoolin fools in Celtic green, it should get easier. But as an Irish fan, I feel ya.