• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But after this year Paul George is for sure coming, and who knows who else then. So will FAs want all the Lakers bennies plus playing with Ball and George? I bet some will, maybe even the biggest one.

I don't know about "for sure coming." He didn't do a sign and trade, which is certainly favorable for the Lakers. But, if Westbrook actually learns to share the ball and OKC has a good playoff run, he could decide to stay put.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay - I'm not in here as much as I used to - and I understand why you would dislike the dude. Still just so that you understand where I am coming from - Handicappers has been stalking me for the last five years, created fake profiles using my name, found out where I live and posted threats that no one recognized as me. Finding a 30 year picture and photo-shopping it to insult me - was and is a threat. Saying the name of the street I live on and saying "Here I come" was a threat. Telling everyone the name of the street I live on, where I live and my personal financial business privately were all legitimate threats that the management of SportsHoopla did absolutely nothing about, so I understand why you hate Wiggy - who has been a legitimate asshole, but he has never taken his bullshit to the level of obsession and threatening that Handicappers has taken his obsession from me and furthermore - 98% of handicappers posts are personal attacks. He offers zero value to the board anywhere. It would just be impossible for me to feel the same way about Wiggy, but I do respect your hatred for the enemy and he is the enemy

Any way that's my rant for the day

It didn't happen to me. But Mecca just pointed out that on Fan Nation (don't know if that's the right name), that Wiggy was able to find a poster that had DJ's Facebook info and posted all sorts of shit on DJ's personal page. Wiggy's arrogant and a douche bag. That's why most of us don't like him and this is why we bag on him. It has nothing to do with him being under our skin - quite the opposite really.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he might try to return when next season tips off. Although that would be a very bad idea if he did that.

according to one guy who knew him from Fannation that's pretty much the guy's style...

pathetic if you ask me...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and 76ers are in very similar situations, so a certain amount of comparison is inevitable and fans on both sides are doing it, even when it isn't necessary.

So how about we stop with the "sensitive Lakers fans" and "sensitive 76ers fans" bullshit.

Lakers fans are happy with their roster and the direction the team is heading. They have young guys who need to continue to develop and are going to have their share of young guy mistakes and also show flashes of why they were drafted high. As long as they continue to work and improve, the mistakes will become fewer and the flashes will become trends.

76ers fans also have reason to be happy with their roster and the direction of their team. However, they have no more reason to be excited than Lakers fans do. If they can stay healthy, which seems like a big if, they have a good chance of making the playoffs considering the state of the East.

Making the playoffs in the East doesn't necessarily mean the 76ers have a better roster, it may well just mean that they play in a far worse conference. It also doesn't mean they don't have a better roster than the Lakers if they can get and keep everyone healthy.

As of now, predicting anything for either team is pretty stupid and fans of both teams need to stop embarrassing themselves trying to be the tallest midget.

Sadly, it's not bullshit. Any comment that is perceived as remotely negative about the Lakers is usually met with cries from the often-deluded Lakers fans on this site. It's like no one ever taught them how to deal with logic or the truth.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I do realize that.

Looking at their frames, though... and I don't see a whole lot of room to add serious muscle or bulk.

Some folks have the frame to build on... some don't have that in their genetic make up.
I agree, but quite a few rookies came/come into the NBA without that "frame to build on". I guess we will just have to wait and see how it works out for them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to be patient next summer though. George would be a good get. LeBron should be the other guy they pursue. If they miss on LBJ though, they shouldn't just go get the next best player. LeBron would give them a path to contention.

The only other player who I think could do that won't be available until 2019. That is Klay Thompson. Klay, George, Ingram and Ball might be enough because it would simultaneously weaken the Warriors while making the Lakers stronger.

Agree 100%.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is saying things that no one has said.

Then I don't know why Jason Kidd's name is being mentioned. Because it isnt Jason Kidd vs. Russell Westbrook yet were discussing whether someone would rather play with Westbrook or Kidd.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to one guy who knew him from Fannation that's pretty much the guy's style...

pathetic if you ask me...

I've never seen someone talk so much overly homeristic shit & then vanish. And he better hope his Cavs don't have a fire sale this summer or during the season. If they're lucky they probably have 1 more year before Goofy Gilbert's gang turns into a dumpster fire.

And LeBron ain't no dummy. It wouldn't surprise me if he demands a trade. Why play out the full season for an owner that was foolish enough to fire the GM a day or two before the draft? And Danny Boy low-balling Billups was a bad move on his part.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, it's not bullshit. Any comment that is perceived as remotely negative about the Lakers is usually met with cries from the often-deluded Lakers fans on this site. It's like no one ever taught them how to deal with logic or the truth.

Actually, it is very much bullshit and it needs to stop. You and others are just as guilty yourself when it comes to anything perceived as negative about the 76ers.

You literally just got into it a little with tlance (who isn't a Lakers fan) because he suggested that top FA's would want to play with Ball and gave logical reasons why. You even falsely accused people of acting like he's Kidd in his prime. Which no one has said.

Seems as though Lakers fans aren't the only ones struggling with logic and truth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the same one that constantly bitches about handicappers? Anyhow, Wiggy-wam's not getting to anyone. Dude's just annoying and now he's getting what he's deserved. Ask @DJ and @Mecca what kind of guy he is. He's a cvnt.
It's such a bitch move to welch on a avatar bet.

* no offense to the Welsh population*

Compound that with the other personality deficiencies, and yeah....

CVNT about sums it up.

We had this same situation on Fannation with him and DJ which is what makes this situation so punk ass-ish.

At least DJ paid up late.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I don't know why Jason Kidd's name is being mentioned. Because it isnt Jason Kidd vs. Russell Westbrook yet were discussing whether someone would rather play with Westbrook or Kidd.

I brought up Jason Kidd and I made it very clear as to why. It is Ball's playing style.

If I were an NBA player in free agency, I would specifically avoid playing with Westbrook because of his playing style. It is simple.

Ball's playing style on the other hand is very attractive. Players know if they run the floor hard, they will get rewarded for it. That is fun. Standing in the corner watching Russ dribble is not.