• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's will miss Bradley... no doubt... that being said:

Ainge has drafted well in this area. He always has had an eye for defense minded guards and wings...

C's still have Smart (at least for now) and Rozier... both play quality perimeter defense... they can pick up some of the slack of Bradley leaving.

Celtics will miss Bradley for sure. Still a great trade though. They could not keep him next year.

Morris is a valuable addition capable of playing 4 where their biggest hole is. Also, I think there could be times where Hayward, Brown and Tatum can all play together. That is the future of the team, and I think their skill sets mesh pretty well. Giving Bradley away unclogs their wing rotation. That is a good thing long term.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics will miss Bradley for sure. Still a great trade though. They could not keep him next year.

Morris is a valuable addition capable of playing 4 where their biggest hole is. Also, I think there could be times where Hayward, Brown and Tatum can all play together. That is the future of the team, and I think their skill sets mesh pretty well. Giving Bradley away unclogs their wing rotation. That is a good thing long term.
Brad Stevens' philosophy about player positions in the NBA:

“I don’t have the five positions anymore,” Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. “It may be as simple as three positions now, where you’re either a ball-handler, a wing or a big.

“It’s really important. We’ve become more versatile as the years have gone on.”

[…]

“Tatum will play wherever,” Stevens said. “He can handle the ball. He can move it. … He’s at least a wing because he can really handle the ball, too. And he can shoot it and do all those things. He’s a very versatile player.”

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown, Smart, Rozier all can help fill in the gap... Brown is the likely starter at this point.
I really like Brown.

So, you see Crowder getting Dealt for a big?

I like John Henson of the Deer.

He'd give you some rim protection and you could move Horford to the 4 at times.

Just spit ball in off the top of my head.

Gotta move another wing....imo

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's as good a trade as they could pull off considering the situation. I'm gonna personally miss Bradley, I love that dude. God I hate salary dumping, it just feels dirty lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I don’t have the five positions anymore,” Celtics coach Brad Stevens said. “It may be as simple as three positions now, where you’re either a ball-handler, a wing or a big.

[…]

“Tatum will play wherever,” Stevens said. “He can handle the ball. He can move it. … He’s at least a wing because he can really handle the ball, too. And he can shoot it and do all those things. He’s a very versatile player.”
It was only one game, and Summer League at that.

So, it could have been a one off.

But, I don't know about Tatum handling the ball.

Mitchell took his fucking lunch money, shoes, socks and draws yesterday and he's like 4 inches shorter.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Brown.
Me too. Dude is dominating Summer League ball... exactly like he should be.
Mecca said:
So, you see Crowder getting Dealt for a big?
It's possible, but I doubt it. Crowder's too valuable... a lot of that having to do with his contract.
Mecca said:
Gotta move another wing....imo
Not necessarily, I don't think. I think the C's philosophy under Stevens is to have the 2 through 4 spots very interchangeable...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[…]

I agree with Stevens' take on positions 100%.

However, I want to add one more piece to it. In addition to bigs, you have players with wing type skill sets that can defend bigger opponents. That is what Morris is. He isn't great by any stretch, but he can defend a bigger player while still spacing the floor offensively.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mitchell took his fucking lunch money, shoes, socks and draws yesterday and he's like 4 inches shorter.
Tatum's not ready for big league defense at this point...

... I don't see him getting big minutes at first. Hopefully, he has a development curve similar to Jaylon Brown.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really impressed with Mitchell. He is going to be a good player.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum's not ready for big league defense at this point...

... I don't see him getting big minutes at first. Hopefully, he has a development curve similar to Jaylon Brown.
Tatum is silky on offense when he has it going.

You guys will be potent when you have Hayward, IT and Tatum on the floor at the same time.

Pick your poison.