• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention we operated at a 25% handicap given that Bosh failed his physical yet we still has his salary on the books last season. Level playing field now.

Yeah, I think that folks who are counting out the Heat are just looking at their final record and the fact that they missed the playoffs. They aren't looking at how the season actually played out.

Is it possible that they are just a team that got hot and rode that the rest of the way? Sure. But 41 games seems like an awfully big sample size for it to be that simple. Especially when you consider their health over the first half of the season.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started 11-30 last year and would have made the playoffs if Dion wasn't injured down the stretch.
Not that they are the same player, but you'd be adding All Star Hayward to replace All Star Bosh who was out all season.
Winslow will also be back.

I think you are underestimating the potential IF he comes.
And I think you are overestimating. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong(assuming they even get him.) I'm also quite "chill" I can not be aboard the Heat hype train and still be chill.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think you are overestimating. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong(assuming they even get him.) I'm also quite "chill" I can not be aboard the Heat hype train and still be chill.

" might make playoffs"= chill.

And I'm overestimating what?
I never predicted where they would end up.
I said Hayward would put them in the mix with any of the potential playoff teams in the East besides prob the Cavs, even though I think we'd matchup well with them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw dudes playing above their heads. If I see it again, it will mean something. Hayward does not put the Heat anywhere near the Finals.

I disagree. 41 games is too big a sample size to be dismissed as guys playing over their heads. Is it possible that was all it was? Sure. But, like I said, 41 games is a big sample size.

Assuming they weren't simply playing over their heads, I think Hayward absolutely gets them close to the finals.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that folks who are counting out the Heat are just looking at their final record and the fact that they missed the playoffs. They aren't looking at how the season actually played out.

Is it possible that they are just a team that got hot and rode that the rest of the way? Sure. But 41 games seems like an awfully big sample size for it to be that simple. Especially when you consider their health over the first half of the season.

Exactly.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" might make playoffs"= chill.

And I'm overestimating what?
I never predicted where they would end up.
I said Hayward would put them in the mix with any of the potential playoff teams in the East besides prob the Cavs, even though I think we'd matchup well with them.
Chill

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. 41 games is too big a sample size to be dismissed as guys playing over their heads. Is it possible that was all it was? Sure. But, like I said, 41 games is a big sample size.

Assuming they weren't simply playing over their heads, I think Hayward absolutely gets them close to the finals.

The East also got weaker this week.

Let's see where Hayward goes.
This discussion could be pointless in a couple hours.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....when did we start talking about Netflix and chill? I missed that.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East also got weaker this week.

Let's see where Hayward goes.
This discussion could be pointless in a couple hours.

True. Considering that the East got weaker, the Heat may be able to make the ECF (or even come out of the East) by just bringing everyone back and staying healthy all season.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Considering that the East got weaker, the Heat may be able to make the ECF (or even come out of the East) by just bringing everyone back and staying healthy all season.

I wouldn't go that far.....they need Heyward.....or another really good player.

And Waiters is most likely gone.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far.....they need Heyward.....or another really good player.

And Waiters is most likely gone.

Apparently Riley has a plan in place to keep Dion and James Johnson if Hayward comes.
I think it's a no brainer they both come back if Hayward chooses Boston or Utah.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it'd be one thing if the Heat closed out the season with an 8-game winning streak as an example and finished with a record of say 30-52. That's something where you just say, okay, maybe they just caught fire late. But in the 2nd half of the year, Miami was the hottest team record wise 2nd to the Dubs. Not saying we were the 2nd best team in the league, but going 30-11 is a pretty large sample size. This was also without our starting wing (Winslow) and without Waiters for the last month of the season.