• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is you talking about LeBron negatively off topic? Not stirring anything you but you're always doing that.

Its really not a negative against LeBron at all.
I said funny.
LeBron had no way of knowing at the time what the Warriors were developing into.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher? Dude has been a shit show since he retired. I'm not worried about Rondo. First of all, I'll be mildly surprised if they actually sign him and 2nd, it'll likely be a 1 year deal.

Plus, Magic and Pelinka don't seem like they're going to be putting up with any bullshit. That's part of why they got rid of D-Lo. If Rondo starts his shit, he'll be gone quickly would be my guess.

Besides, with Lavar as his Dad, Lonzo isn't likely to be fazed by any Rondo craziness. lol

Obviously I am joking with Fisher. He was washed up 7 years ago.

But seriously though, if you want a mentor, get a mentor. There are many good citizens in the league who can play that role. Rondo is not hat guy. Regardless of what the Lakers are willing to tolerate, I just don't understand the risk or the need.

Want a mentor? Get a guy like Deron Williams Shelvin Mack or Aaron Brooks.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First your Heat have to actually make the playoffs. And w/ that disaster of a front office they have & the fact that Whiteside isn't a legit C but Tristan is will only spell doom for the franchise for years to come. You'd be better off rooting for the Magic.

Riley has definitely lost something off his fastball. :dhd:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc J. Spears‏Verified account @MarcJSpearsESPN 3h3 hours ago
PG Michael Carter-Williams got a call from the Rockets last night, a source said. New York, OKC, Dallas, NO & Charlotte have interest, too.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how Houston factors in....they can't have that much $ available to offer him.....SA is his best destination if he leaves imo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I am joking with Fisher. He was washed up 7 years ago.

But seriously though, if you want a mentor, get a mentor. There are many good citizens in the league who can play that role. Rondo is not hat guy. Regardless of what the Lakers are willing to tolerate, I just don't understand the risk or the need.

Want a mentor? Get a guy like Deron Williams Shelvin Mack or Aaron Brooks.

Again, I'll be surprised if they actually sign him. I'm sure they will talk to a lot of players. Most of whom, they won't sign either because they lose interest or the player does.

So far, I'm happy with what I've seen out of Magic and Pelinka, so I trust that they will make the right move. I'm not going to criticize them for a move that hasn't been made or for practicing due diligence by turning over every stone.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'll be surprised if they actually sign him. I'm sure they will talk to a lot of players. Most of whom, they won't sign either because they lose interest or the player does.

So far, I'm happy with what I've seen out of Magic and Pelinka, so I trust that they will make the right move. I'm not going to criticize them for a move that hasn't been made or for practicing due diligence by turning over every stone.

At first, I wasn't sure this would be a good move.....but if they were to bring him, you'd have to think they would address that. And Magic is universally well liked by all.....I can't see Rondo fucking that up. He has to know hie's running out of chances.