• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the attitude he comes in with. His shooting wouldn't be the reason the Lakers brought him in, it would be his defense and ability to run an offense.

He's definitely a risk because he's shown he can go sour in a heartbeat. But on a 1 year deal, I think he could be worth the risk. If nothing else, he will be playing for his next contract and guys who are doing that tend to behave themselves a little better. lol

Plus, to do what they want, the Lakers are going to have to be willing to take a risk or 2. Not a lot of guys are going to want to go for 1 year deals on a team that isn't likely to make the playoffs.

Why risk it though?

They would be better off bringing Derek Fisher back on a player contract. The only thing that matters for the Lakers back up PG is mentoring Ball. I am not trusting a career malcontent to do that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Heat have reportedly emerged as the favorites to sign free-agent small forward Gordon Hayward, who spent the first seven years of his NBA career with the Utah Jazz.

On Saturday, Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer provided the update on Hayward's status. Based on O'Connor's conversations with three sources, the reasons the Heat are in the driver's seat for one of the top free agents include a "better lifestyle" and a "feature scoring role" for Hayward, as well as the opportunity to work with head coach Erik Spoelstra.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got in and out.....triple A is efficient and much more pleasant than the fucking DMV.

Fuck those assholes.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miami Heat have reportedly emerged as the favorites to sign free-agent small forward Gordon Hayward, who spent the first seven years of his NBA career with the Utah Jazz.

On Saturday, Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer provided the update on Hayward's status. Based on O'Connor's conversations with three sources, the reasons the Heat are in the driver's seat for one of the top free agents include a "better lifestyle" and a "feature scoring role" for Hayward, as well as the opportunity to work with head coach Erik Spoelstra.

Love that possible Whiteside/Heyward/Dragic trio with the other young players you have.

#Rileyisalegend

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if Gordon Hayward ends up in Miami I won't be able to root for him or the Heat because of Pat Riley & Hassan Whiteside. I miss wiggy! Dan Gilbert rulz.:yes:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami would be a serious contender....

Taking off my homer glasses, I'm not willing to go that far. A core of Heyward, Dragic and Whiteside is decent. By all accounts, I then assume that Miami attempts to sign James Johnson; but it'd have to be at a discounted rate, which may be doubtful at that point.

I think it would put Miami on par with Washington and Boston, but we'd fall short of Cleveland as is. But all you need is a shot in this league and hope something happens.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On CelticsBlog, they are convinced they are doing the right thing and that the LAL 2018 pick will convey to them at 2-5, giving them two top-5 picks (BRK).

On the Lakers boards, they are convinced they are doing the right and on this board one posted that they have a shot at .500 this season.

I firmly believe that BRK and LAL will not be in the bottom 5.
Both teams have no desire to tank.
BRK should be able to spend money and get some serviceable talent.
There are plenty of other teams that will want to tank and need to bottom out to get a good pick.

Regardless, will be fascinating...

I think the Lakers as presently constructed win 33-35 games. That doesn't seem like top 2-5 when others will be tanking on purpose....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Marc J. Spears‏Verified account @MarcJSpearsESPN 7m7 minutes ago
Clippers employees wore T-shirt after Blake Griffin's FA meeting likening him to MLK, Obama, Ali, JFK, Lincoln, Gandhi, MJ,Einstein,Mandela.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why risk it though?

They would be better off bringing Derek Fisher back on a player contract. The only thing that matters for the Lakers back up PG is mentoring Ball. I am not trusting a career malcontent to do that.

Derek Fisher? Dude has been a shit show since he retired. I'm not worried about Rondo. First of all, I'll be mildly surprised if they actually sign him and 2nd, it'll likely be a 1 year deal.

Plus, Magic and Pelinka don't seem like they're going to be putting up with any bullshit. That's part of why they got rid of D-Lo. If Rondo starts his shit, he'll be gone quickly would be my guess.

Besides, with Lavar as his Dad, Lonzo isn't likely to be fazed by any Rondo craziness. lol

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God I can't wait for climate change to take Miami.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking off my homer glasses, I'm not willing to go that far. A core of Heyward, Dragic and Whiteside is decent. By all accounts, I then assume that Miami attempts to sign James Johnson; but it'd have to be at a discounted rate, which may be doubtful at that point.

I think it would put Miami on par with Washington and Boston, but we'd fall short of Cleveland as is. But all you need is a shot in this league and hope something happens.

Johnson must be staying.
1. Hes at the meeting recruiting him. Why would he do that?
2. I heard they have the same agent.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm convinced that the last half of the season was vindication for Spo. Sure he has two titles on 4 Finals appearances. But with a patch work roster that wasn't expected to do much, Spo did really well and showed that he can coach.

That may be the ultimate selling point, along with the Heat's track record of success.