• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami would be a serious contender....

On CelticsBlog, they are convinced they are doing the right thing and that the LAL 2018 pick will convey to them at 2-5, giving them two top-5 picks (BRK).

On the Lakers boards, they are convinced they are doing the right and on this board one posted that they have a shot at .500 this season.

I firmly believe that BRK and LAL will not be in the bottom 5.
Both teams have no desire to tank.
BRK should be able to spend money and get some serviceable talent.
There are plenty of other teams that will want to tank and need to bottom out to get a good pick.

Regardless, will be fascinating...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. As much as I like Iggy, I'd rather the Lakers not get him than risk cap space for next year.

Agreed, just pointing that out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On CelticsBlog, they are convinced they are doing the right thing and that the LAL 2018 pick will convey to them at 2-5, giving them two top-5 picks (BRK).

On the Lakers boards, they are convinced they are doing the right and on this board one posted that they have a shot at .500 this season.

I firmly believe that BRK and LAL will not be in the bottom 5.
Both teams have no desire to tank.
BRK should be able to spend money and get some serviceable talent.
There are plenty of other teams that will want to tank and need to bottom out to get a good pick.

Regardless, will be fascinating...

I don't know about .500. It's possible depending on what, if any, other moves they make. They won 26 games last season, a 15 game improvement seems like an awfully big ask.

As currently constructed and if Lonzo is at least close to as good as advertised, then I seen them as a 35 win team, which would be a fairly significant improvement, would devalue the pick and likely allows them to be serious players in next seasons FA.

According to Magic and Pelinka, they are going to be looking for vets who bring outside shooting and/or defense and who can mentor the kids. If they get the right guys, they could be a .500 team. But they have some work to do first.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These motherfuckers betterb fully staffed and not 1-2 people working. I have something super simple to do.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about .500. It's possible depending on what, if any, other moves they make. They won 26 games last season, a 15 game improvement seems like an awfully big ask.

As currently constructed and if Lonzo is at least close to as good as advertised, then I seen them as a 35 win team, which would be a fairly significant improvement, would devalue the pick and likely allows them to be serious players in next seasons FA.

According to Magic and Pelinka, they are going to be looking for vets who bring outside shooting and/or defense and who can mentor the kids. If they get the right guys, they could be a .500 team. But they have some work to do first.

25-35 sounds about right for LAL and PHI.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put that boy in a Heat jersey. Wiggy may NEVER come back...:lol:

Funnier yet, Whiteside is at the meeting helping with the recruiting.

Tristan to busy with Chloe to help recruit PG.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said that. I ALSO said "if all went right", which(ofcourse) somehow got omitted...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do, it'll likely be on a 1 year deal.

They said they wanted to target vets on 1 year deals who can shoot outside or play defense and mentor the kids. He fits that role defensively.

I don't know.

Rondo can't shoot, he is a capable defender, but also can be a lazy one. As far as mentorship goes, I can't think of a single veteran player I would feel worse about mentoring Lonzo Ball. Rondo is a bad idea for the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25-35 sounds about right for LAL and PHI.

25 for the Lakers would be less than last year. Barring injuries, I don't see them being worse than last year. Just the improvement of Lopez over Mozgov should help prevent that.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funnier yet, Whiteside is at the meeting helping with the recruiting.

Tristan to busy with Chloe to help recruit PG.

yeah, i understand the Heat are recruiting him EXTRA hard. believe he had meetings set up with 2 other teams after the Heat. forget who they are, though...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....they'd be instant contenders.

No they wouldn't, but they would be top 5 for sure, with a chance to beat anybody but Golden State. So, if that makes them a contender, I guess so.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

Rondo can't shoot, he is a capable defender, but also can be a lazy one. As far as mentorship goes, I can't think of a single veteran player I would feel worse about mentoring Lonzo Ball. Rondo is a bad idea for the Lakers.

It depends on the attitude he comes in with. His shooting wouldn't be the reason the Lakers brought him in, it would be his defense and ability to run an offense.

He's definitely a risk because he's shown he can go sour in a heartbeat. But on a 1 year deal, I think he could be worth the risk. If nothing else, he will be playing for his next contract and guys who are doing that tend to behave themselves a little better. lol

Plus, to do what they want, the Lakers are going to have to be willing to take a risk or 2. Not a lot of guys are going to want to go for 1 year deals on a team that isn't likely to make the playoffs.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.

:10:
THIS and his oft-poutty attitude tell me to stay the hell away...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i understand the Heat are recruiting him EXTRA hard. believe he had meetings set up with 2 other teams after the Heat. forget who they are, though...

Utah and Boston.
He was my #1 target this summer (besides Bealey IV), and I'm feeling really good about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they wouldn't, but they would be top 5 for sure, with a chance to beat anybody but Golden State. So, if that makes them a contender, I guess so.

The new definition of contender: Team that can possibly push GSW to 6 games.