• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking off my homer glasses, I'm not willing to go that far. A core of Heyward, Dragic and Whiteside is decent. By all accounts, I then assume that Miami attempts to sign James Johnson; but it'd have to be at a discounted rate, which may be doubtful at that point.

I think it would put Miami on par with Washington and Boston, but we'd fall short of Cleveland as is. But all you need is a shot in this league and hope something happens.

At some point something has to happen to end James' Finals run.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,530.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher? Dude has been a shit show since he retired. I'm not worried about Rondo. First of all, I'll be mildly surprised if they actually sign him and 2nd, it'll likely be a 1 year deal.

Plus, Magic and Pelinka don't seem like they're going to be putting up with any bullshit. That's part of why they got rid of D-Lo. If Rondo starts his shit, he'll be gone quickly would be my guess.

Besides, with Lavar as his Dad, Lonzo isn't likely to be fazed by any Rondo craziness. lol

This.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that the last half of the season was vindication for Spo. Sure he has two titles on 4 Finals appearances. But with a patch work roster that wasn't expected to do much, Spo did really well and showed that he can coach.

That may be the ultimate selling point, along with the Heat's track record of success.

Funny that the other coach already had him in college.

#slapintheface

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that the last half of the season was vindication for Spo. Sure he has two titles on 4 Finals appearances. But with a patch work roster that wasn't expected to do much, Spo did really well and showed that he can coach.

That may be the ultimate selling point, along with the Heat's track record of success.

I think the ultimate selling point to get Hayward in Miami are the hookers & coke.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I thought you Heat Homer Glasses were superglued to your face.:D

With Heyward, we'll go 102-0 and beat the Warriors before they step foot on the court. Whiteside would have a better 3-point shooting percentage than Curry and Klay. He'd (Whiteside) force them all into retirement. Afterwards, he'd have unprotected intercourse with all of the Kardashians and not contract a single STD; thus defying all statistical probabilities.

Better?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Heyward, we'll go 102-0 and beat the Warriors before they step foot on the court. Whiteside would have a better 3-point shooting percentage than Curry and Klay. He'd (Whiteside) force them all into retirement. Afterwards, he'd have unprotected intercourse with all of the Kardashians and not contract a single STD; thus defying all statistical probabilities.

Better?

Yep, you summed it up right there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ultimate selling point to get Hayward in Miami are the hookers & coke.

Don't know how the wife would feel about this. But I like the cut of your jib.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I. Want. It. To. Be. Us.

First your Heat have to actually make the playoffs. And w/ that disaster of a front office they have & the fact that Whiteside isn't a legit C but Tristan is will only spell doom for the franchise for years to come. You'd be better off rooting for the Magic.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First your Heat have to actually make the playoffs. And w/ that disaster of a front office they have & the fact that Whiteside isn't a legit C but Tristan is will only spell doom for the franchise for years to come. You'd be better off rooting for the Magic.

Off topic a bit, but its hilarious that James went all in to recruit Love, and the team who Love worst matches up against is the Warriors.

Thoughts @WiggyRuss ?

#canteventradehimwiththefriendlycontract

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

15 of the 16 teams who made the playoffs ended their season with a loss.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic a bit, but its hilarious that James went all in to recruit Love, and the team who Love worst matches up against is the Warriors.

Thoughts @WiggyRuss ?

#canteventradehimwiththefriendlycontract

How is you talking about LeBron negatively off topic? Not stirring anything you but you're always doing that.