• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get exactly what you're saying. If this was a one-time occurrence with Ainge, then I'd typically agree with you.

But we've seen what appears to be a repetitive theme with Ainge when it comes to making a move for an all star caliber player that just about every major news outlet makes mention of it.

This is why I question how accurate those reports are on what was offered. Remember, Minnesota essentially robbed Chicago of Butler while Boston could've thrown in more assets. I understand not wanting to throw all of your assets on the table. But I would imagine that some GMs probably see Ainge trying to get the better end of the deal to the point it's ridiculous; or maybe he's just an asshole to deal with.
Yes, Ainge has a huge fear of losing a trade, I think he also has a huge fear of ducking this whole thing up in general. It's Boston man, neither Bulter nor George brings a title here. You piss away the prescious assets without results, that's bad. Very bad.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Ainge has a huge fear of losing a trade, I think he also has a huge fear of ducking this whole thing up in general. It's Boston man, neither Bulter nor George brings a title here. You piss away the prescious assets without results, that's bad. Very bad.

Although true, what are those assets supposed to do exactly? Ainge in his entire time while at Boston has never once drafted an all star. Sure, for a GM that's been around for 5-6 years, that's fine but he's been running things in Boston since '03.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although true, what are those assets supposed to do exactly? Ainge in his entire time while at Boston has never once drafted an all star. Sure, for a GM that's been around for 5-6 years, that's fine but he's been running things in Boston since '03.
Well he's been around since '03 but were talking specifically about him making this Brooklyn thing into a winner.

Im not saying I agree with Danny sitting on his hands and not pulling anything off here, I can just kind of understand why he's doing it. He's scared.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he's been around since '03 but were talking specifically about him making this Brooklyn thing into a winner.

Im not saying I agree with Danny sitting on his hands and not pulling anything off here, I can just kind of understand why he's doing it. He's scared.

Yep. On the flip side, he did rob the shit out of Brooklyn. I wonder though if that was because the Nets owner was so keen on building an instant contender and Ainge was just the benefactor of having assets that were passed their prime with an unrealistic owner in place (Nets).

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck this indy gm if that's all they got.

they wanted the brooklyn pick AND the sixers pick from boston.

those 2 aren't worth either of those picks, let alone both.
It isn't.

Not fair to expect Ainge to pay $100 for something that they sell to another team for $10. Celtics offer was better, they just needed a few days.
There are reports going around that Boston offered those deals at the trade deadline, as opposed to not offering as much in recent months

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. On the flip side, he did rob the shit out of Brooklyn. I wonder though if that was because the Nets owner was so keen on building an instant contender and Ainge was just the benefactor of having assets that were passed their prime with an unrealistic owner in place (Nets).
I'm beginning to think Danny didn't fleece the Nets as much as they fleeced themselves lol.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not ideal...but if he's coming off the bench, meh i guess
EDIT- I'd rather have JC as the 6th man

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seriously. You've read reports that people are interested in going to L.A. and there's been no substantiation. You've got no clue if they are "real discussions" or not. But believe what you want to believe.

For the record, I agree they're headed in a better direction with Magic...I just don't know that there's been any substantial change as far as free agents wanting to play there. I guess only time will tell.

Actually there have been for next year (the Lakers seem pretty intent on not going big game hunting this offseason and saving cap space for 2018).

Of course, it's all speculation and rumor right now because it's about 2018 FA. But for the first time in about 4 years, those rumors and speculation are about players that actually may seriously consider the Lakers rather than players the Lakers will target and have no chance of getting.

I'd say that Paul George telling the Pacers that he is leaving and prefers to go to the Lakers is pretty "real" as well.