• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nicki-minaj-ass-twerk-in-anaconda.gif

Nudes?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the clippers should've blown it up and rebuilt from scratch.
Here's a my thing...

Deandre is useless without an above average pg.

I really hope Jerry West has a plan that I'm not sophisticated enough to see.

I also hope and pray that his plan doesnt revolve around BG32 playing point forward.

Not because he's not capable, he is. He has the triple doubles and high assist games when Paul was injured to prove it.

But, Blake has brittle bone syndrome. You can't depend on him for more than half the Season.

This doesn't make sense.

All I wanted was Gallo. Instead I get this shitshow.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we have is what's "reported". Indiana doesn't look good, but public perception and patience-wise, Ainge isn't looking too pretty either.
Fine... then by what's reported, Ainge made a much better offer to Indy. And Indy decided to go a lesser route.

How is that on Ainge and the C's?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelburne explained the trade to OKC.....if they traded him to Boston......they'd have to face him and see him succeed with the Celtics.....they opted to trade him out West and NOT the Lakers.

That is just it though.

Extremely short sighted move. They would not have to face him because they would be rebuilding for the next 3 years or so. Now they will jeust be a 35 win team praying for a lucky lottery result.

The Celtics have better future assets than the Pacers. They will be better now and in the future. Indiana needed to get some of those assets. They failed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine... then by what's reported, Ainge made a much better offer to Indy. And Indy decided to go a lesser route.

It isn't.

Not fair to expect Ainge to pay $100 for something that they sell to another team for $10. Celtics offer was better, they just needed a few days.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, man....

Did George agree to an extension?

Because if he bolts after the year, I can't imagine what this would do to OKC fans.

Hope they have a great year and this was about as good a replacement as you could hope for.

OKC fans are cool with it. Even if its for just one year. Olidipo was underwhelming and we just chucked his 5 year contract. A win win.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Carnival your only option?
Did you look at and like the port excursions?
I had never cruised until 4 years ago, even though I live 45 minutes from the ports because I thought I wouldn't like it.
We ended up loving it, but it takes some plannng.

wasn't our only option but was our firt. but yeah, everybody i've talked said DEFINITELY do it if we get a crack at it. thanks for the tip about other excursions, though. like i said we've never done anything like this, so it's kinda why we're planning so far in advance...

again thanks...:suds:

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? You're either trolling or your an idiot. Which is it?

Yeah, seriously. You've read reports that people are interested in going to L.A. and there's been no substantiation. You've got no clue if they are "real discussions" or not. But believe what you want to believe.

For the record, I agree they're headed in a better direction with Magic...I just don't know that there's been any substantial change as far as free agents wanting to play there. I guess only time will tell.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get exactly what you're saying. If this was a one-time occurrence with Ainge, then I'd typically agree with you.

But we've seen what appears to be a repetitive theme with Ainge when it comes to making a move for an all star caliber player that just about every major news outlet makes mention of it.

This is why I question how accurate those reports are on what was offered. Remember, Minnesota essentially robbed Chicago of Butler while Boston could've thrown in more assets. I understand not wanting to throw all of your assets on the table. But I would imagine that some GMs probably see Ainge trying to get the better end of the deal to the point it's ridiculous; or maybe he's just an asshole to deal with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phil Jackson > Larry Bird

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It feels like there is a see oh enn spiracy to keep the Celtics from landing anybody. Paranoia is setting in.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fair to expect Ainge to pay $100 for something that they sell to another team for $10. Celtics offer was better, they just needed a few days.

Fact: Indiana turned down 3 first round picks rom the Celtics in 2018, 2019, 2020 for Paul George on draft night 2017. They thought that they could get more from the Celtics or the Lakers in a bidding war.

Once the Lakers backed off, thank you, the value fell like a ton of stone. What the Pacers got was still less than the Celtics had on the table......Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Jordan Mickey.

Some of the Boston media think the Pacers took less to show Boston that they weren't the only players for George. So you cut off your penis because you have a pimple on your ass?