• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now way! He was the best player in the league towards the end of the year last year. In fact, Boston never beats Chicago in the playoffs had he not gone down!!!

Surprised you didn't know that.

Chill....just a random fucking thought......I'm notorious for them.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should change my user name to Random Man but I doubt it'll happen......sent Shaggy a request to change my user name back to DJRoxalot after he purchased the website and it never happened. He must be a busy man.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reports going around that Boston offered those deals at the trade deadline, as opposed to not offering as much in recent months

I mentioned this in other threads.....2018, 2019, 2020 first round picks plus Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder were offered to the Pacers on 2017 draft night. Pacers thought that the Lakers would be so excited about getting George a year early that they would get into a bidding war with the Celtics. Lakers intelligently (difficult for me to say) backed out and the George's value started to drop. Pacers went back to Boston and Ainge cut the deal to shreds, but did offer the Memphis 1st Rounder and Smart and Crowder and the Pacers backed away. Personally, I think they backed off a cliff.

As far as Ainge being 'scared'. I think he values his own assets more than other people do. He's got the Boston media hanging onto his jock and anything he says or does gets positive press here while it is questioned elsewhere. Ainge has 3 first round picks in 2018. Brooklyn's, 6ers/Lakers if between 2-5, Celtics. If Brooklyn and the Lakers picks are both in the top 5, and the draft is as good as previewed, Ainge is sitting in the catbird seat again next year. No way he takes 2 picks in the top 5 unless they're Durant and Westbrook or Curry and Lebron. He'll deal for more assets especially if he can stay close to the top 5 and get additional 1st round picks.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these reporters online are saying acquiring PG puts them back in the same position as when KD was there before he left? :lol:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read......Pritchard really likes Oladipo and it could be a marketing move since he played college ball at Indiana. Make him the focal point and sell tickets? I don't know. They could have got a better deal but maybe it's why I'm not in a FO somewhere.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these reporters online are saying acquiring PG puts them back in the same position as when KD was there before he left? :lol:

It does, only slightly worse since KD is a better player than PG.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the PG position has closed up......Lowry will prolly go back to the Raps and Rose might be out of a job......he may have to sign as a backup somewhere.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta leave in 90 minutes and go pay my insurance at Triple A.....nothing big better happen while I'm gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have questions on how well they can play together....

I think a lot of people do. Westbrook wasn't changing his ways for KD, doubtful he changes for PG. Anything is possible of course, but it doesn't seem likely.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in other threads.....2018, 2019, 2020 first round picks plus Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder were offered to the Pacers on 2017 draft night. Pacers thought that the Lakers would be so excited about getting George a year early that they would get into a bidding war with the Celtics. Lakers intelligently (difficult for me to say) backed out and the George's value started to drop. Pacers went back to Boston and Ainge cut the deal to shreds, but did offer the Memphis 1st Rounder and Smart and Crowder and the Pacers backed away. Personally, I think they backed off a cliff.

As far as Ainge being 'scared'. I think he values his own assets more than other people do. He's got the Boston media hanging onto his jock and anything he says or does gets positive press here while it is questioned elsewhere. Ainge has 3 first round picks in 2018. Brooklyn's, 6ers/Lakers if between 2-5, Celtics. If Brooklyn and the Lakers picks are both in the top 5, and the draft is as good as previewed, Ainge is sitting in the catbird seat again next year. No way he takes 2 picks in the top 5 unless they're Durant and Westbrook or Curry and Lebron. He'll deal for more assets especially if he can stay close to the top 5 and get additional 1st round picks.
Well, good luck(not really) with that one because I thought Jimmy Butler for this year's pick was originally, the way to go for you guys...but as you said, Ainge will continue to be in this seat with all those current and future picks

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Heyward signs with Miami, I think they are going to be a sleeper to watch. Whiteside and Heyward are a nice duo and Dragic is best suited to being a 3rd option. Plus, Miami has some other nice young players. I think they could be right there with Cleveland and Boston fighting for East dominance.