• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors can keep Iggy, Durant's willing to leave a few million off his contract to allow their core to stay together and make title runs.

Westbrook's content in making the max and stat padding all season.

But Durant's the douche.

After countless pages on posting non-sense you finally figured that one out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loooove BB King.

Same here. Just glad I got to see him live multiple times. I'm a big time blues fan. Seen Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal, Robert Cray live also. Just to name a few.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, if you were so confident about all this you would just shut up and believe what you believe. But you need to make us all agree with you or it doesn't count. If we don't see it your way, you just have to invent the millions of imaginary non-OKC fans who do see it your way. You know you're just talking emotional shit, but if you can type it enough here maybe we'll see it your way.

Nope.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, none. Nothing will keep either of us from believing what we believe and we are both entitled to our opinions. I got more facts on my side but I don't begrudge you your opinion and tell you to quit posting. Go pound some sand would be my recommendation to you.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, none. Nothing will keep either of us from believing what we believe and we are both entitled to our opinions. I got more facts on my side but I don't begrudge you your opinion and tell you to quit posting. Go pound some sand would be my recommendation to you.

You keep using that word. But I don't think you know what that means.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We wanted to sign James to an extension, but at the end of the day, these situations have to work for all those involved. Our ownership group again showed their commitment to the organization with several significant offers," Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement.

Back then, the penalties weren't as stiff and Durant watched your ownership ship out Harden strictly over money.
I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with it, but he stayed quiet and played out his contract.
When James came to Miami, it had to be then, if he ever wanted to play with Wade/Bosh.
Durant had to make the move last summer for the same reasoning.
No way Warriors could have added him this summer.

You have no idea what you are talking about, it wasn't just money that caused the Thunder to let Harden walk. I mean technically yeah they could have matched but he was a malcontent that wanted out. I can't believe anyone would still blame the Thunder for getting rid of Harden after seeing what he is all about. The Thunder knew it then obviously. He shrinks in big moments, wants to get to the strip club as soon as possible with whoever wants to go. Lot of talent but that's his game and it won't change. Just not a competitor.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep using that word. But I don't think you know what that means.

I know exactly what it means. It means a guy left a team for a team that just won a record amount of games after he had them down 3-1 and choked it off. Anything there not true Mr Dictionary?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are entitled to your opinion and no one is changing your mind.

But, stop saying you have more facts on your side. It isn't true. What you have on your side is how you and other OKC fans perceive facts. Calling KD weak is not fact, it is your opinion. His performance in the Finals was anything but weak.

I agree that arguing KD with OKC fans is pointless, but you really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion, because opinion is all anybody here has. The only fact that matters is that KD was 0-8 in OKC and he is 1-1 in GS.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what it means. It means a guy left a team for a team that just won a record amount of games after he had them down 3-1 and choked it off. Anything there not true Mr Dictionary?

You left out the part about the Warriors best player having recently returned from a knee injury and playing at far less than 100%. Otherwise, they wouldn't have led 3-1, and wouldn't have "choked" against a better team.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saying someone "choked" away a series is actually not a fact.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to get snippy there, thundercunt.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I'm beginning to think that Paul George is going to be headed to the Celtics. If anyone could offer more than the Celtics, they likely would have done so already. Boston, on the other hand, wants to wait until they can sign Gordon Hayward to pull the trigger on the Paul George trade -- and they've probably agreed to pay Indiana a premium for them to wait until Hayward is signed before they move George. Why else would Paul George still be on the Pacers?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, I'm beginning to think that Paul George is going to be headed to the Celtics. If anyone could offer more than the Celtics, they likely would have done so already. Boston, on the other hand, wants to wait until they can sign Gordon Hayward to pull the trigger on the Paul George trade -- and they've probably agreed to pay Indiana a premium for them to wait until Hayward is signed before they move George. Why else would Paul George still be on the Pacers?

You said it.

The only other packages I have seen are picks from Denver or Utah. Neither of those scenarios come close to what Boston can offer, even without the Nets pick.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could be right. Something about Ainge screams he's going to mess this up. I just have that gut feeling.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entitled to your opinion and no one is changing your mind.

But, stop saying you have more facts on your side. It isn't true. What you have on your side is how you and other OKC fans perceive facts. Calling KD weak is not fact, it is your opinion. His performance in the Finals was anything but weak.

I agree that arguing KD with OKC fans is pointless, but you really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion, because opinion is all anybody here has. The only fact that matters is that KD was 0-8 in OKC and he is 1-1 in GS.

I'm pretty certain KD is 1-0 in GS.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Hayward does sign with Boston when it's all said and done but my best guess is that after he meets with Riley tonight/tomorrow that he will walk out of that meeting thinking and wanting to be a member of the Miami Heat.

Does anyone know where Hayward meeting are taking place?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Just glad I got to see him live multiple times. I'm a big time blues fan. Seen Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal, Robert Cray live also. Just to name a few.

Nice. My favorite concert that I've ever been to was back in the late 80's or early 90's. It was the Benson & Hedges Blues Festival.

It was an all day thing and had a lineup of BB King, Joe Cocker, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Etta James, John Lee Hooker and several less known bands. A group of us got lawn seats because it was going to be an all day thing. Had an amazing time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right. Something about Ainge screams he's going to mess this up. I just have that gut feeling.

I think if the Lakers REALLY want him, then they are the ones most messing up if they don't trade for him now.
Obviously PG wants to go to L.A. now or another team that potentially can win this year.
If he goes to the Cavs, Rockets, or wherever and that team happens to win, is he really leaving?
Also, not Cleveland, but it's possible he lives a year in one of several cities and could really find out he's happy there.