• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reasoning with him.

So, I stopped.

I'm a huge sports fan.

But, if I got this sound up every time a player left my Team for greener pastures, I'd be in a fucking insane asylum.

You guys think what you want and I'll do the same. You say what you want and I'll do the same. Keep acting like what he did is done all the time, bury your heads in the sand I don't care. I'll know that no one in the history of sports has ever done something that weak though and have the facts on my side. I'll also know that he was chicken shit about wanting out and not saying anything. I'll also know that he could have let the Thunder know when he knew and they would have been better off. You guys don't understand, we really don't care at this point that he left but we have the right to stay pissed about how he did it and we will. I can question his manhood all I want, just like I can question the same of people that don't hold people to standards anymore, in and out of sports. You don't have to agree, but I'm right.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GS owner is worried about paying the luxury tax if they keep Iggy?

Uh oh....

This changed a few years ago, the penalties are a lot stiffer than they used to be. The repeat offender deal is real and part of the reason the Thunder had to do things the way they did.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think what you want and I'll do the same. You say what you want and I'll do the same. Keep acting like what he did is done all the time, bury your heads in the sand I don't care. I'll know that no one in the history of sports has ever done something that weak though and have the facts on my side. I'll also know that he was chicken shit about wanting out and not saying anything. I'll also know that he could have let the Thunder know when he knew and they would have been better off. You guys don't understand, we really don't care at this point that he left but we have the right to stay pissed about how he did it and we will. I can question his manhood all I want, just like I can question the same of people that don't hold people to standards anymore, in and out of sports. You don't have to agree, but I'm right.

Did he make the team president fly across the country to have a fake meeting with him (then watch soccer doing the meeting)?
Did you rip James when he did that shit to Riley?

As far as not telling/helping the team, owners trade players in the middle of the night.
Like I'll keep saying, its a BUSINESS.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This changed a few years ago, the penalties are a lot stiffer than they used to be. The repeat offender deal is real and part of the reason the Thunder had to do things the way they did.

Gilbert doesn't care about money.

Ask @WiggyRuss or David Griffin.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reasoning with him.

So, I stopped.

I'm a huge sports fan.

But, if I got this sound up every time a player left my Team for greener pastures, I'd be in a fucking insane asylum.

Instead, you're here. One notch above the asylum.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward officially informed Utah he's declining his player option to become a FA.....he's gone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's fine, but we'll continue to view you as a moron.

Also, Moses Malone joined the 76ers in '83 (and won a title) who had lost in the Finals the prior year to the Lakers. So again, KD actually isn't the first to do it. But please keep spewing your facts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward officially informed Utah he's declining his player option to become a FA.....he's gone.

Had he opted in, he would make significantly less this year then he would signing a new deal. Him opting out doesn't mean that he's gone. But I don't see him resigning back with Utah.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine, but we'll continue to view you as a moron.

Also, Moses Malone joined the 76ers in '83 (and won a title) who had lost in the Finals the prior year to the Lakers. So again, KD actually isn't the first to do it. But please keep spewing your facts.

Moses Malone? Ok let's look at that. The season he left houston they had finished 6th in the conference and lost in the first round to Seattle. Yeah, that sounds exactly what happened here. And I'm the moron, lmao.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses Malone? Ok let's look at that. The season he left houston they had finished 6th in the conference and lost in the first round to Seattle. Yeah, that sounds exactly what happened here. And I'm the moron, lmao.

Acceptance is the first part to healing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That surprises me. Irving would be a solid trade piece for PG.

The problem is, if they trade Kyrie for PG, they become a little bit better because of PG's defense, but it still sin't enough to catch them up to the Warriors.

But, if they add PG to Kyrie and Lebron, they become significantly better. I don't know if that would catch them up to the Warriors, but it would get them close enough to make the Warriors a little nervous.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, if they trade Kyrie for PG, they become a little bit better because of PG's defense, but it still sin't enough to catch them up to the Warriors.

But, if they add PG to Kyrie and Lebron, they become significantly better. I don't know if that would catch them up to the Warriors, but it would get them close enough to make the Warriors a little nervous.

I get that. But, Indiana? That's a total win since PG wants out. Surprised they'd say no to Irving. I can understand them not wanting Love since he's injury prone and older than Irving.