• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling, just stating my opinion. Warriors were right to sign him, teams should always look to improve. All I'm saying is that I can't imagine Durant leaving now, but I've been wrong about him before.

You're not wrong this time, congrats

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Indiana wanting Love. Can a 3rd team be found? Is Lebron willing to play the 4 (we already know PG isn't)?

Actually they could lose PG for nothing. I think Love-for-PG is fair ... as we get closer to the trading deadline. Love's contract is fair and it would give them something to build around.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they could lose PG for nothing. I think Love-for-PG is fair ... as we get closer to the trading deadline. Love's contract is fair and it would give them something to build around.

Love would be a major asset. Even if the Pacers don't see Love as a long term viable asset, they can always move him later on given that he's under contract for 4 more years. It sure beats trading George for Love, even though you're not getting equal return. Sure beats losing PG13 for nothing and going to lottery hell.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LOL at HurricaneDipShit for thinking the Pacers were eventually going to be the team that was going to knock off Cleveland in the East. That was funny shit man.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And LOL at HurricaneDipShit for thinking the Pacers were eventually going to be the team that was going to knock off Cleveland in the East. That was funny shit man.

To be fair, I predicted the Pacers would be the #2 or #3 seed this year I think. I thought with the acquisitions they made, they could have been a force. I didn't anticipate Monta becoming a shell of himself and McMillan running a really ineffective offensive system while also losing so much defensively. I loved the Teague addition and thought he would do really well.

But I also predicted the Rockets were going to be really good too. Shooting 50% right now, LOL.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I predicted the Pacers would be the #2 or #3 seed this year I think. I thought with the acquisitions they made, they could have been a force. I didn't anticipate Monta becoming a shell of himself and McMillan running a really ineffective offensive system while also losing so much defensively. I loved the Teague addition and thought he would do really well.

But I also predicted the Rockets were going to be really good too. Shooting 50% right now, LOL.

Really?

That's like the one thing I counted on. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't too high on them for the very reasons you listed, although I did like the Teague deal at the time. McMillan to me just wasn't an upgrade from Vogel. On the flip side, I thought the Rockets were going to be a low-tier playoff team, and they definitely surpassed my expectations. So I'm shooting 50% as well, just in opposite fashion.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not only is there no guarantee he's coming back, I'm not sure there is an expectation he's re-signing there,” Yahoo NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski said on his podcast Wednesday. “I think within Cleveland and around the league they feel that he is very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two LA teams. The Lakers could very well be a target.”

Wojnarowski, arguably the most connected NBA reporter in the business, said James got the monkey off his back when he brought a championship to Cleveland in 2016, freeing himself to focus more on other facets of his life.

"I think the focus, a lot of LeBron's business interests, his Hollywood aspirations, his media ventures are based (in L.A.),” he said. “And I wrote this last year and said it and believed it — the minute he won that championship in Cleveland, he was liberated to leave again."

How many No. 23 jerseys will go up in flames if King James leaves Cleveland a second time?

It will equate to the fire in the London apartment yesterday.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CURRY, LIVINGSTON, IGUODALA, PACHULIA, WEST all free agents. KD can opt out.
Part of the warriors ability to win was the insanely low salary of Steph Curry + the dramatic cap reset of 2016.

Steph was making a laughable 12 million. It will more than double.
The Players association is going to likely insist Steph take 30 million

They are going to be in a salary cap hell now if they want to bring back this team.
Are all those role players going to take discount salaries???

It really gets murky if KD doesn't take a slight pay cut.

The Knicks will back up the brinks truck to Livingston, and it will be tough to turn that down.
The Suns are going to offer a big time deal for Iggy to come home and be a hometown hero.

Why are the Knicks going to offer Livingston a huge contract? Iguodala has made a very large sum of money in his career. I'm not sure he'll care about getting paid, but I guess we'll see.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Not only is there no guarantee he's coming back, I'm not sure there is an expectation he's re-signing there,” Yahoo NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski said on his podcast Wednesday. “I think within Cleveland and around the league they feel that he is very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two LA teams. The Lakers could very well be a target.”

Wojnarowski, arguably the most connected NBA reporter in the business, said James got the monkey off his back when he brought a championship to Cleveland in 2016, freeing himself to focus more on other facets of his life.

"I think the focus, a lot of LeBron's business interests, his Hollywood aspirations, his media ventures are based (in L.A.),” he said. “And I wrote this last year and said it and believed it — the minute he won that championship in Cleveland, he was liberated to leave again."

How many No. 23 jerseys will go up in flames if King James leaves Cleveland a second time?

It will equate to the fire in the London apartment yesterday.

Wouldn't surprise me with him. The LA interests out there and the fact that Lebron has crossed off every major milestone in his career would probably allow him to leave. Cleveland shouldn't torch his jersey if he were to leave - he delivered on his promise. But a certain poster on here would certainly look like a tool considering he thought it was a forgone conclusion that Cleveland would run the East for the next decade. The 2nd Lebron leaves, Cleveland may find its way back in the lottery.

On the flip side, if he goes to LA, I can't see it being for basketball reasons as he'd have to contend with both the Spurs and Dubs for the foreseeable future. Going to LA would signal he's not really in it for title contention. With that being said, we'd all be playing the guessing game.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me with him. The LA interests out there and the fact that Lebron has crossed off every major milestone in his career would probably allow him to leave. Cleveland shouldn't torch his jersey if he were to leave - he delivered on his promise. But a certain poster on here would certainly look like a tool considering he thought it was a forgone conclusion that Cleveland would run the East for the next decade. The 2nd Lebron leaves, Cleveland may find its way back in the lottery.

On the flip side, if he goes to LA, I can't see it being for basketball reasons as he'd have to contend with both the Spurs and Dubs for the foreseeable future. Going to LA would signal he's not really in it for title contention. With that being said, we'd all be playing the guessing game.

A Lakers team that has cashed out some of those bad deals with say Ingram, PG and Lebron are your building blocks (let's assume that Russell, Clarkson and Randle all have to be used to dump Deng and Moz), is STILL a scary starting point.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Lakers team that has cashed out some of those bad deals with say Ingram, PG and Lebron are your building blocks (let's assume that Russell, Clarkson and Randle all have to be used to dump Deng and Moz), is STILL a scary starting point.

Ingram has potential, but that's all he is right now.

PG13 is a great complimentary piece, and outside of Wade would be the most complete all star player that Lebron's ever played with.

I don't see the Lakers getting rid of Russell AND Clarkson in that type of scenario, but one would be surely gone given that PG13 could be rotated amongst the 2/3 positions, while Bron can take up the 4.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG13 is a great complimentary piece, and outside of Wade would be the most complete all star player that Lebron's ever played with.

I don't see the Lakers getting rid of Russell AND Clarkson in that type of scenario, but one would be surely gone given that PG13 could be rotated amongst the 2/3 positions, while Bron can take up the 4.

Just saying it's gonna take some major movement to fit those guys in. And a major piece or 2 to move those dumpster fires out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True -- but PG13 is such a weak nickname, especially since he changed his number so that he could use it as a nickname.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying it's gonna take some major movement to fit those guys in. And a major piece or 2 to move those dumpster fires out.

That's fine. I wasn't disagreeing with you on that. The Heat are going through that with McRoberts. We couldn't move just him and had to attach assets because he was horrible on a bad contract. Same situation applies here. But the Lakers aren't going to gut the entire team, just a few players if this scenario were to ever present itself.