• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you about Lowry. But I find it interesting because Harden has shrunk in the most crucial of times (with OKC AND Hou) yet some have put him in the superstar category.
Solid point.

My only defense would be that Lowry has been Robin to Derozan's Batman and has never put up scoring or assist numbers like Harden.

Lowry has only averaged 20 ppg, 7 dimes or more twice.

Since coming to Houston, Harden has been the Alpha and has played accordingly in the REGULAR SEASON.

He's put up 25ppg or more the last 6 Seasons and was less than 2 boards away from averaging a triple double last year.

Those are superstar numbers....imo

They've both been Cliff Robinson in the postseason though....

Last edited:
Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid point.

My only defense would be that Lowry has been Robin to Derozan's Batman and has never put up scoring or assist numbers like Harden.

Since coming to Houston, Harden has been the Alpha and has played accordingly in the REGULAR SEASON.

He's put up 25ppg or more the last 6 Seasons and was less than 2 boards away from averaging a triple double last year.

Those are superstar numbers....imo

I totally agree with your points about Harden - and I think that's the very thing that puts he & Lowry in the same boat. Both are needed by their teams to step up in the post season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid point.

And even in the playoffs, Harden been solid. Unlike Lowry who disappears for an entire series, Harden just disappears in the biggest game of the series

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with you about Lowry. But I find it interesting because Harden has shrunk in the most crucial of times (with OKC AND Hou) yet some have put him in the superstar category.

Harden's in the superstar category for me in the regular season. But in the playoffs, he's almost as bad as Lowry.

People tend to forget, but it was Harden coming up short in 2012 that was one of the reasons Miami won. His last appearance in the playoffs was an atrocity when the Spurs came rolling through.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People tend to forget, but it was Harden coming up short in 2012 that was one of the reasons Miami won. His last appearance in the playoffs was an atrocity when the Spurs came rolling through.

I give him a pass for that. Young kid in a 6th man role. Believe he was only 22 in his 3rd NBA season. Not going to kill him for that.

He was ok in that Spurs series. Once again though, not close to Lowry who goes MIA for an entire series. Harden had 2 really bad games which both led to losses ( Games 2 & 6) in the SPurs series. In the other 2 losses, he was great. Dropped 76 in those 2 games on about 50% shooting

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance, @shopson67

Do you have Jaren Jackson and injured ass Porter ahead of Bagley?

I've looked at 3 different mocks this morning that have Bagley behind them.

Also, do you think there is a chance that Brian Bowen declares?

I have my eyes firmly fixed on Sexton or Bamba if we get that Detroit pick.

Good question.

I think Bagley is an amazing talent, but Duke is arguable better when he doesn't play. He doesn't consistently compete defensively and he is a bit of a black hole on offense. He has potential to be much better, but I think there is legit risk that he could be like a more athletic rich man's Jahlil Okafor.

Porter is risky in his own way, but he also has the highest ceiling of everybody in the class, IMO. He can be that do everything wing like the best of the best in the NBA today, but we just haven't seen enough to project him as that.

I would probably take Porter over Bagley, but probably not Jackson.

This class is so nasty though. I think we may look back at it as one of the all time great draft classes down the road. Both in terms of high end talent and depth.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden's in the superstar category for me in the regular season. But in the playoffs, he's almost as bad as Lowry.

My thoughts exactly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Missed the Bowen question.

I think it is possible that he declares, but not sure it is a good idea. He has the talent to be a top 5 pick in 2019 if he performs well. I don't think he would be a lock as a first rounder this year. A lot of question marks there.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.

I think Bagley is an amazing talent, but Duke is arguable better when he doesn't play. He doesn't consistently compete defensively and he is a bit of a black hole on offense. He has potential to be much better, but I think there is legit risk that he could be like a more athletic rich man's Jahlil Okafor.

Porter is risky in his own way, but he also has the highest ceiling of everybody in the class, IMO. He can be that do everything wing like the best of the best in the NBA today, but we just haven't seen enough to project him as that.

This class is so nasty though. I think we may look back at it as one of the all time great draft classes down the road. Both in terms of high end talent and depth.
I've worried that Bagley is just a better Okafor for a while now. I'd rather the Kings get Bamba, his defense and rebounding would really help.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've worried that Bagley is just a better Okafor for a while now. I'd rather the Kings get Bamba, his defense and rebounding would really help.

Do you want the Kings to go big again? I would worry about Bamba and Trill being about to play together. I think they may still be at the place to go best available and worry about position later. I guess it all depends on how those lotto balls come out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.

You always give me good stuff.

Thank you.

:yo:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want the Kings to go big again? I would worry about Bamba and Trill being about to play together. I think they may still be at the place to go best available and worry about position later. I guess it all depends on how those lotto balls come out.
Isn't it time to pay Trill?

That's the reason I'm high on Bamba.

No point in giving Deandre a max to not make the playoffs.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they move Buddy they're set at PG/SG at least for now. The only guard they should take as BPA is Luka who might play another position anyway. That leaves SF or big man to draft and if they fall from the top 5 their chances of getting Doncic or MPJ go down big time. Maybe the Kings draft Mikal Bridges who I like, but it depends on where they end up and who is still on the board.
As far as WCS goes, I like him and really want him to succeed but his lack of consistency on the defensive side is frustrating. That was supposed to be his calling card but he doesn't get after it every night and rebounds like Brook Lopez. He wants to be more assertive on offense instead of focusing on the other side. Trading him for a 1st round pick wouldn't be the worst thing to do.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Missed the Bowen question.

I think it is possible that he declares, but not sure it is a good idea. He has the talent to be a top 5 pick in 2019 if he performs well. I don't think he would be a lock as a first rounder this year. A lot of question marks there.
Yeah, he also needs to challenge Brandon Ingram and Johnathon Isaac to a cheeseburger eating contest post haste.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it time to pay Trill?

That's the reason I'm high on Bamba.

No point in giving Deandre a max to not make the playoffs.
Bamba would replace Thrill and play next to Giles/Skal. I'd still rather have MPJ because he's got #1 option potential but I'm not liking their chances of drafting him right now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamba would replace Thrill and play next to Giles/Skal. I'd still rather have MPJ because he's got #1 option potential but I'm not liking their chances of drafting him right now.
What about Ayton?

In order for me.....

1. Ayton

2. Bagley

3. Doncic

4. Porter Jr.

5. Trae

But, based on where we would realistically pick, Bamba, Sexton

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Ayton?

In order for me.....

1. Ayton

2. Bagley

3. Doncic

4. Porter Jr.

5. Trae

But, based on where we would realistically pick, Bamba, Sexton
1. Ayton

2. Doncic

3. Porter

4. Jackson

5. Bamba

Bagley, Mikal Bridges, and Trae all just missed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they move Buddy they're set at PG/SG at least for now. The only guard they should take as BPA is Luka who might play another position anyway. That leaves SF or big man to draft and if they fall from the top 5 their chances of getting Doncic or MPJ go down big time. Maybe the Kings draft Mikal Bridges who I like, but it depends on where they end up and who is still on the board.
As far as WCS goes, I like him and really want him to succeed but his lack of consistency on the defensive side is frustrating. That was supposed to be his calling card but he doesn't get after it every night and rebounds like Brook Lopez. He wants to be more assertive on offense instead of focusing on the other side. Trading him for a 1st round pick wouldn't be the worst thing to do.

That is just it though.

I think you have good young players 1-3, but I don't think you are necessarily set there. You don't have that face of the franchise superstar talent yet. Either Bogdan or Hield could easily slot as a bench scorer if you were able land an elite wing. I think if the Kings ever get good with this core, it won't be with all 3 of those guys starting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....Canelo Alvarez pissed dirty.

Way to Fuck up my Cinco de Mayo fight party.

:mad2:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Ayton

2. Doncic

3. Porter

4. Jackson

5. Bamba

Bagley, Mikal Bridges, and Trae all just missed.
Clippers are linked to the Bridges' at 12 and 14.

Think they will drop that far?